Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ferguson Grand Jury...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I don't really get their message. It's like "We'll show 'em!!! Let's burn down our own homes and businesses!!!" Derp.
    There is no message. It's an excuse to act like moronic savages.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I started to watch a video of Brown's Momma talking about the decision, but it quickly descended into an expletive-laden.. um... "burn this _____ down"....

I can't link to it here cause I'd get banninated for sure!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I started to watch a video of Brown's Momma talking about the decision, but it quickly descended into an expletive-laden.. um... "burn this _____ down"....

They should be arrested for inciting a riot.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Wilson's Grand Jury testimony:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...brown/?hpid=z2

Comment

It wasn't his mother who said it, it was Brown's stepfather.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Yeah, HE jumped in with that part, but SHE had been saying the F word and .... well.... bad stuff.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

OK, I'm confused. I just watched a news conference on CNN where the Major General of the National Guard, the Governor of Missouri, and other police / military officials were basically patting each other on the back about what a great job they did last night, and they'll do more.

WHERE WERE they last night? Did they not see the structure fires, or hear the 90-100 shots fired, or see all the chaos?

Comment

Weren't they asked to stay away last night?
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Weren't they asked to stay away last night?
                    I think there were mixed messages..... and I think maybe they were lured into the false sense of security that "all the hard work" of the local clergy and government officials would guaranty calm.

You would have THOUGHT that they would have been in nearby staging areas ready to make an appearance BEFORE 25 structures burned, some of them to the ground.

Comment

Obama is making another speech.... he just said it's not his job as President to involve himself in specific issues..... it's a little LATE for that!

Now he's back on "training the police properly...."

Comment

wasn't he the one who was saying he wanted a peaceful resolution no matter what the decision?

Comment

wasn't he the one who was saying he wanted a peaceful resolution no matter what the decision?
                          That was the dad, Michael Brown Senior. The step-dad reportedly initially agreed, but turned pretty quickly. The step-dad is the one who went off on the rant "burn this ____ down", and danced around like some demon possessed puppet. And, no, the grief does NOT justify his emotions.

Comment

I can't link to the video because of all the F bombs and other profanity, but the mother is very clearly condemning the police and screaming about the injustice, and "____ the police", then the step-dad "takes up the cause" and starts screaming "burn this ____ down", and incites the riot.

Comment

I can't link to the video because of all the F bombs and other profanity, but the mother is very clearly condemning the police and screaming about the injustice, and "____ the police", then the step-dad "takes up the cause" and starts screaming "burn this ____ down", and incites the riot.
                              And these people wonder why the police "target" them? They act like animals. They destroy their own neighbor's businesses and steal from them.

This guy knows what I mean.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152603552157512

Comment

And these people wonder why the police "target" them? They act like animals. They destroy their own neighbor's businesses and steal from them.

This guy knows what I mean.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152603552157512
                                He says bad words , but... yeah!

Comment