Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ferguson Grand Jury...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    Michael Brown's body was 153' from the patrol car. Apparently there was a chase before the shooting.
    I heard on the radio this morning that Michael Brown and Officer Wilson were 8 to 10 feet apart when the last two shots were fired.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Like this Black owned business:

https://twitter.com/MbasuCNN/status/...744960/photo/1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2855[/ATTACH]
      If that's the beauty shop I heard about it appears that several community members formed a blockade in front of it in order to minimize the looting.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
        I heard on the radio this morning that Michael Brown and Officer Wilson were 8 to 10 feet apart when the last two shots were fired.
        Wilson was retreating and Brown was reaching into his waistband while continuing his charge when the last volley of 3 shots were fired according to Wilson's testimony.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Wilson was retreating and Brown was reaching into his waistband while continuing his charge when the last volley of 3 shots were fired according to Wilson's testimony.
          And that is the part that never made sense. There is no way for Wilson to know that he didn't have a weapon in his waistband but Brown knew that he didn't. So just what in the world was Brown thinking when he charged at a police officer acting like he was going for a weapon?

And IIRC the reaching into his waist band was confirmed by at least one of the eyewitnesses.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            And that is the part that never made sense. There is no way for Wilson to know that he didn't have a weapon in his waistband but Brown knew that he didn't. So just what in the world was Brown thinking when he charged at a police officer acting like he was going for a weapon?

And IIRC the reaching into his waist band was confirmed by at least one of the eyewitnesses.
            Not sure what he was wearing, but those low hanging loose pants do tend to fall down. He might have been trying to hold them up while charging the officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Not sure what he was wearing, but those low hanging loose pants do tend to fall down. He might have been trying to hold them up while charging the officer.
              That is the first answer I've heard that made any sense.

And it came from a pirate

Comment

Like this Black owned business:

https://twitter.com/MbasuCNN/status/...744960/photo/1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2855[/ATTACH]
                Source: MOST BUSINESSES DESTROYED IN FERGUSON MINORITY OWNED

KMOV-TV reports that the majority of stores that were damaged or completely destroyed during Monday night's violent riots in Ferguson were minority owned. Fire Departments around the St. Louis County Area put out 25 structural fires caused by vandals and looters following the announcement from the grand jury that Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson would not be indicted in the death of Mike Brown.

Most of the damaged businesses were on West Florissant Avenue and included: Walgreens, Little Caesars Pizza, Autozone, Beauty Town, Title Max, Family Dollar Store, and O'Reilly Auto Parts. Small-business owner Natalie Dubose was in tears when she realized her cake store was attacked by vandals.

Dubose, a mother of two, previously told CNN, "If I can't open my doors every morning, I can't feed my kids in the evening. Just don't burn my shop down, don't destroy it."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

That is the first answer I've heard that made any sense.

And it came from a pirate
                  Don't worry. I am sure some radical liberal like JimL or Square_peg will come here and call me a racist for saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    That was my thought too.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

That was my thought too.
                      Copy Cat!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        A lot of innocent people live in that tea cup, and will be impacted for many years to come.

I saw last night some of the protesters complaining that the police presence "don't show us no respect". As I watched looters stream in and out of local businesses, having smashed windows and set fires, I'm wondering what, exactly, is there to respect?
                        Then on the other side, you have CNN complaining that there aren't enough police around to protect the businesses.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...on-Store-Burns

And I'm thinking, what are the police supposed to do, exactly? The place is a war zone. The rioters are out of control and uncontrollable. The best the police can do is contain the violence to the area and keep it from spilling out.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Actually, I thought it would be worse. At this point only property is harmed - "stuff" can be replaced.
                          To a point. I read about one local business owner who tearfully begged the looters not to destroy her bakery or she would be unable to feed her family.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Then on the other side, you have CNN complaining that there aren't enough police around to protect the businesses.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...on-Store-Burns

And I'm thinking, what are the police supposed to do, exactly? The place is a war zone. The rioters are out of control and uncontrollable. The best the police can do is contain the violence to the area and keep it from spilling out.
                            I don't really get their message. It's like "We'll show 'em!!! Let's burn down our own homes and businesses!!!" Derp.

Comment

If Wilson was retreating, I suppose it's possible that Brown thought the officer was on the run and was trying to intimidate him further by pretending he had a weapon. Yes, it would have been a stupid move, but so is attacking a police officer in the first place. Brown did not exhibit good judgment at any point during the incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                If Wilson was retreating, I suppose it's possible that Brown thought the officer was on the run and was trying to intimidate him further by pretending he had a weapon. Yes, it would have been a stupid move, but so is attacking a police officer in the first place. Brown did not exhibit good judgment at any point during the incident.
                                He was impaired by drugs.
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment