Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ferguson Grand Jury...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    All but inevitable.
    I would think so, yes.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's ALSO possible that a federal civil rights suit could be filed -- the Grand Jury only applies to local prosecution.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        It's ALSO possible that a federal civil rights suit could be filed -- the Grand Jury only applies to local prosecution.
        Listening to Obama's speech that seems unlikely but then in a politically charged atmosphere anything is possible. Look at how he did a 180 concerning the IRS abuses.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Listening to Obama's speech that seems unlikely but then in a politically charged atmosphere anything is possible. Look at how he did a 180 concerning the IRS abuses.
          Yeah, I may have spoken too soon on Obama's speech... he kept talking when it would have been much better just to stop after making his appeal for calm.

Comment

Looting now in full swing -- McDonalds broken into, looting of the Market and Liquor store... looters wearing masks...

wow

Comment

Storm in a teacup.

Comment

A lot of innocent people live in that tea cup, and will be impacted for many years to come.

I saw last night some of the protesters complaining that the police presence "don't show us no respect". As I watched looters stream in and out of local businesses, having smashed windows and set fires, I'm wondering what, exactly, is there to respect?

Comment

A lot of innocent people live in that tea cup, and will be impacted for many years to come.

I saw last night some of the protesters complaining that the police presence "don't show us no respect". As I watched looters stream in and out of local businesses, having smashed windows and set fires, I'm wondering what, exactly, is there to respect?
                  I had that same thought.
                  Basically I think a lot of these thugs don't care about the law, or Brown, or who gets hurt, they just want an excuse to loot and riot. Then post it on youtube and CNN. I think those same people would have done the same thing no matter what the Grand Jury decision: either in protest of the decision, or in "celebration" of it.

Comment

Actually, I thought it would be worse. At this point only property is harmed - "stuff" can be replaced.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                      Storm in a teacup.
                      How insensitive to somebody who found themselves injured or losing their house or business in the aftermath.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        How insensitive to somebody who found themselves injured or losing their house or business in the aftermath.
                        Like this Black owned business:

https://twitter.com/MbasuCNN/status/...744960/photo/1

Looting.jpg
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Adrian Peterson actually tweeted this message:

Adrian Peterson @AdrianPeterson

The GRAND JURY DECIDED NOT TO INDICT ME TOO! But that changed a week LATER! MAYBE,BUT NOT LIKELY N THIS CASE

#PUTyourTrustNGODnotINtheWORLD!

So, beating your defenseless 4 year old child bloody with a switch is comparable to a cop who shot an assailant?

Reggie Bush:

Reggie Bush @ReggieBush

So this is what justice looks like huh! SMH

Serena Williams:

Serena Williams @serenawilliams

Wow. Just wow. Shameful. What will it take???

Truth be damned to these type of people. You just can't reason with those who are so blinded by their racism and feelings of entitlement...
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            I see the sensitivity police have arrived. Gotta guard the feels of the people!

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                              I see the sensitivity police have arrived. Gotta guard the feels of the people!
                              Well, what was your point in trying to go out of your way to minimize what is by all accounts a major news event with real implications? You didn't leave much to go on.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                I had that same thought.
                                Basically I think a lot of these thugs don't care about the law, or Brown, or who gets hurt, they just want an excuse to loot and riot. Then post it on youtube and CNN. I think those same people would have done the same thing no matter what the Grand Jury decision: either in protest of the decision, or in "celebration" of it.
                                When you see how often there is rioting and looting in "celebration" of the home team winning a sports championship it does seem that for a certain segment of society they are merely looking for any excuse. And then when other people see them doing it and getting away with it they start getting drawn into participating as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment