Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ferguson shooting indictment announcement coming at 9PM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darth Executor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Originally posted by square_peg View Post
    Interesting that eyewitness testimony is considered so valuable now, after all that other eyewitness testimony was dismissed. But anyhow, I asked the question more for an answer on what constitutes murder. Believing that Wilson's version of events is true and believing that the killing was wrong aren't mutually exclusive.
    Of course it's valuable. Black people testifying against a black martyr? Why would they, unless they genuinely believe it and care more about justice than they do about sticking it to whitie.

Leave a comment:

• MaxVel
    replied
    What leads you to believe this?
    Murder is premeditated unlawful killing* - this killing wasn't premeditated; and more relevantly, has just been declared 'not unlawful' (possible future civil suits etc etc aside). Therefore it wasn't murder.

A tragedy, a waste, an act of folly - yes to all of those. But not murder.

* most definitions seem to include some aspect of unlawfulness.

Leave a comment:

• Epoetker
    replied
    Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
    But ... there is no hell. I'll take my good intentions wherever I find them. There are always too few.
    I've always been more of a 'know them by their fruits' type of guy myself. Blame the Christian upbringing.

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    replied
    Interesting that eyewitness testimony is considered so valuable now, after all that other eyewitness testimony was dismissed. But anyhow, I asked the question more for an answer on what constitutes murder. Believing that Wilson's version of events is true and believing that the killing was wrong aren't mutually exclusive.
    I have trouble with the concept that any rational person, let alone a white policeman in a black neighborhood, would take the chance of outright murdering a citizen in broad daylight, in the middle of the street, in a crowded apt complex, in front of eye witnesses, knowing he would have to stick around afterward (not run and try to get away) and hope to get away with it... Simply doesn't make sense...unless it happened more or less like he said it did. Which was at least corroborated by several witness and (at the very least partially) by the autopsy evidence.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Which group of eyewitnesses would you logically consider more reliable (keep in mind that one of the eyewitnesses claiming Brown surrendered was his accomplice in the liquor store robbery)?

Leave a comment:

• fm93
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post
    The 7 eyewitnesses (black eyewitnesses) that back Wilson's version?

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    The 7 eyewitnesses (black eyewitnesses) that back Wilson's version?

Leave a comment:

• fm93
    replied
    Originally posted by MaxVel View Post

The killing was a tragedy, sure. But murder... No.

Leave a comment:

• MaxVel
    replied
    Originally posted by Kelp(p) View Post
    A man is getting away with murder, damnit!

The killing was a tragedy, sure. But murder... No.

Leave a comment:

• Kelp(p)
    replied
    Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    My apologies. I should not have jumped to conclusions. It was the heat of the moment. CR's insensitivity just bit me hard.

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    replied
    Do you know how to quit being a jackass for one damn thread? A man is getting away with murder, damnit! Let people respond to it how they can.
    first time I've SERIOUSLY disagreed with you...

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Do you know how to quit being a jackass for one damn thread? A man is getting away with murder, damnit! Let people respond to it how they can.

Leave a comment:

• Kelp(p)
    replied
    Originally posted by ChaosRain View Post
    The ultimate false placebo.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Michael Brown's family claims no indictment according to USA today.

Edit: no indictment. Bill Cosby called me to say everyone should take a chill pill with their whine.
    Last edited by Darth Executor; 11-24-2014, 08:32 PM.

Leave a comment: