Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cosby was my Childhood Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    At least she backed out of it. I wonder what she saw to make her change her mind. Of course she can't tell.
    In the 1993 case, the ex-husband turned out to be a deadbeat who was behind nearly 70k in child support payments, He administered a Truth Serum to get his son to admit to what he wanted to hear. in the 2003 case the son who was supposed to testify left the country to avoid it. He had been emancipated from both parents, and the case at the time was totally denied by the child. The parents were pursuing it. However another child, Macauly Culkin who was also close with Jackson as a kid, blatantly denied abuse.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Wow I don't remember that! I may sit down and review that case although it makes me sick.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Anyone else find the double standard that the media is taking wrt Cosby in comparison to how they cover charges against Bill Clinton more than a little bit hypocritical?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Anyone else find the double standard that the media is taking wrt Cosby in comparison to how they cover charges against Bill Clinton more than a little bit hypocritical?
          I'll be honest, I'm always highly skeptical of rape charges from women, and only take physical evidence seriously. The reason for this is due to modern American women using the legal system as a weapon to sue, blackmail, or ruin the careers of men out of spite or financial gain. Women have learned that it takes nothing more than accusations to get a man in serious trouble. DA's, judges, and state prosecutors are all in the back pocket of these feminist groups, and lawyers for these women are aware of this. About half the guys I know have had women try to call the police on them - including myself.

These hot-shot lawyers can and do coach people on what to say in statements to detectives and sworn depositions, and make an artificial case against a powerful man. Is that what happened here? Not necessarily. Cosby may be guilt of sexual-assualt, but over 40 cases? All you need to know is that Janice Dickinson is jumping aboard the gravy train to see that somethings not kosher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            I fully support the women coming forward, and I believe what they say. Cosby shouldn't be presumed guilty by the court of law, but I believe odds are strongly that he did exactly what these women said he did.
            I don't think it was ignorance on their part. Quaaludes were one of the drugs of choice in the 80s, and Cosby was wealthy and probably had access to them. I'd wager these women wanted to "fit in" in Hollywood, so they asked for the drugs at these parties, and after they were both sufficiently high, Cosby had sex with them.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              I don't think it was ignorance on their part. Quaaludes were one of the drugs of choice in the 80s, and Cosby was wealthy and probably had access to them. I'd wager these women wanted to "fit in" in Hollywood, so they asked for the drugs at these parties, and after they were both sufficiently high, Cosby had sex with them.
              rendering both parties guilty as sin.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                I'll be honest, I'm always highly skeptical of rape charges from women, and only take physical evidence seriously. The reason for this is due to modern American women using the legal system as a weapon to sue, blackmail, or ruin the careers of men out of spite or financial gain. Women have learned that it takes nothing more than accusations to get a man in serious trouble. DA's, judges, and state prosecutors are all in the back pocket of these feminist groups, and lawyers for these women are aware of this. About half the guys I know have had women try to call the police on them - including myself.

These hot-shot lawyers can and do coach people on what to say in statements to detectives and sworn depositions, and make an artificial case against a powerful man. Is that what happened here? Not necessarily. Cosby may be guilt of sexual-assualt, but over 40 cases? All you need to know is that Janice Dickinson is jumping aboard the gravy train to see that somethings not kosher.
                Let me ask you SoR, what do you think of rape statistics? Do you think rape is less prevalent than the statistics show?

I personally believe he did it. If it's true that this was an open secret within Hollywood (I have no reason to doubt that) then I don't just find Cosby culpable. 40 women? Who knows. I will say that just because Janice Dickinson or Gloria Allred is all over this, doesn't really make it suspect in my view. Opportunists will take any opportunity to get themselves in the limelight, whether allegations are truthful or not.
                "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                  Let me ask you SoR, what do you think of rape statistics? Do you think rape is less prevalent than the statistics show?

I personally believe he did it. If it's true that this was an open secret within Hollywood (I have no reason to doubt that) then I don't just find Cosby culpable. 40 women? Who knows. I will say that just because Janice Dickinson or Gloria Allred is all over this, doesn't really make it suspect in my view. Opportunists will take any opportunity to get themselves in the limelight, whether allegations are truthful or not.
                  I think it's a lot less prevalent.

Our legal system allows women to file false reports with zero consequences for it. This creates a weapon for spiteful women to use against men out of retaliation. She doesn't have to have any evidence, or have any injuries of any kind in order for you to get into trouble. They know exactly what to say to police and detectives, and they can become VERY convincing actors. Because our society values personal testimony so much over physical evidence, these women have the advantage of knowing how to fake insincere emotions when they get into a courtroom - which I'm sad to say, convinces most people in a courtroom.

That's not to say that women are never the victim of crimes - they are. But so many women have decided to use the legal system as a weapon to destroy men they have bitter feelings for, it's really hard to tell the difference pretty often.

It's why so many men (including me) are afraid of serious relationships.

I think Cosby is a slimeball. But he didn't do this to forty women. Most of the women I think have piggybacked on the legitimate cases of the few women that sound more credible, so they can get a payday in a civil suit.
                  Last edited by Sea of red; 01-10-2016, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I think it's a lot less prevalent.

Our legal system allows women to file false reports with zero consequences for it. This creates a weapon for spiteful women to use against men out of retaliation. She doesn't have to have any evidence, or have any injuries of any kind in order for you to get into trouble. They know exactly what to say to police and detectives, and they can become VERY convincing actors. Because our society values personal testimony so much over physical evidence, these women have the advantage of knowing how to fake insincere emotions when they get into a courtroom - which I'm sad to say, convinces most people in a courtroom.

That's not to say that women are never the victim of crimes - they are. But so many women have decided to use the legal system as a weapon to destroy men they have bitter feelings for, it's really hard to tell the difference pretty often.

It's why so many men (including me) are afraid of serious relationships.

I think Cosby is a slimeball. But he didn't do this to forty women. Most of the women I think have piggybacked on the legitimate cases of the few women that sound more credible, so they can get a payday in a civil suit.
                    I don't see this being discussed very often. We do have a plethora of cases (more almost every year) of the courts being abused with false rape accusations. So I think that could skew statistics in this area. By how much I have no idea. There are a ton of these laws that need an overhaul. It's just too easy to accuse and charge someone with rape, libel, etc. without any hard evidence. I just don't see how you can logically think someone guilty without any evidence. You should never just take someone's word for it.

I understand the fear. But I am sure the majority of women would never think of claiming rape out of bitterness. I personally have never come across that. I think it could also do with the type of woman you would be seeking that might make those chances higher? For instance, if you are dating a woman who takes the term rape extremely broadly, that might be a red flag.

We both totally agree on Cosby. I was one of the few that had said for years he was a hypocrite by just looking at his history. I only knew of one accusation of rape, (I think it was in Canada) but I don't remember how credible it was.
                    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Anyone else find the double standard that the media is taking wrt Cosby in comparison to how they cover charges against Bill Clinton more than a little bit hypocritical?

More than a LOT hypocritical?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                        I don't see this being discussed very often. We do have a plethora of cases (more almost every year) of the courts being abused with false rape accusations. So I think that could skew statistics in this area. By how much I have no idea. There are a ton of these laws that need an overhaul. It's just too easy to accuse and charge someone with rape, libel, etc. without any hard evidence. I just don't see how you can logically think someone guilty without any evidence. You should never just take someone's word for it.

I understand the fear. But I am sure the majority of women would never think of claiming rape out of bitterness. I personally have never come across that. I think it could also do with the type of woman you would be seeking that might make those chances higher? For instance, if you are dating a woman who takes the term rape extremely broadly, that might be a red flag.

We both totally agree on Cosby. I was one of the few that had said for years he was a hypocrite by just looking at his history. I only knew of one accusation of rape, (I think it was in Canada) but I don't remember how credible it was.
                        I find it's not just sexual crimes, but domestic violence, threats, harassment, and child custody cases. Women receive no consequences for filling malicious reports, and it encourages them to use the system as a weapon.

With myself, it wasn't a case of rape. The girl I was with was becoming too much to handle. She was constantly getting angry, throwing things, cussing me out, striking me in the face, and I decided enough was enough. Went I tried to break it off she went nuts, and threatened to call my work, go to the police, and "ruin my life" if I did. I never was arrested but I'm one of the lucky ones.

The detective called it a "spite report" and told me to just get as far away as I could. The irony is she stalked me for almost a whole year with messages, phone calls (forty times a day), coming up to my work, and it was a complete nightmare.

In general, police are afraid of going after a woman for criminal activity against a man. They worry about the woman getting some hot-shot feminist attorney, and ultimately getting fired from the force. There was even footage on YT once of a woman arrested for DUI stating in the bathroom that she was going to claim the arrested officer groped her, and he was lucky enough to catch it all on an open mic.

Feminism for the win!

Comment

I find it's not just sexual crimes, but domestic violence, threats, harassment, and child custody cases. Women receive no consequences for filling malicious reports, and it encourages them to use the system as a weapon.

With myself, it wasn't a case of rape. The girl I was with was becoming too much to handle. She was constantly getting angry, throwing things, cussing me out, striking me in the face, and I decided enough was enough. Went I tried to break it off she went nuts, and threatened to call my work, go to the police, and "ruin my life" if I did. I never was arrested but I'm one of the lucky ones.

The detective called it a "spite report" and told me to just get as far away as I could. The irony is she stalked me for almost a whole year with messages, phone calls (forty times a day), coming up to my work, and it was a complete nightmare.

In general, police are afraid of going after a woman for criminal activity against a man. They worry about the woman getting some hot-shot feminist attorney, and ultimately getting fired from the force. There was even footage on YT once of a woman arrested for DUI stating in the bathroom that she was going to claim the arrested officer groped her, and he was lucky enough to catch it all on an open mic.

Feminism for the win!
                          It's situations like this that I was talking about in the thread about the California law that would have taken your firearms away until the situation got sorted out.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Actually SoR your Ex sounds like she had Borderline Personality Disorder. And I'm Sorry. Its not Feminism she's ill and probably needed help.
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              It's situations like this that I was talking about in the thread about the California law that would have taken your firearms away until the situation got sorted out.
                              Bad idea.

These DA's love it when you try to get a firearm since it looks really bad in front of a judge if you ever get accused of crime - or if the nutbag does something to themselves to set you up. Best course of action is to alert the police of the situation, never be in the same room with them, and report her when/if she starts stalking you. The more men stand up for their rights the more lawmakers will be pressured to make changes when the number of reports rises.

Comment

Feminism for the win!
                                Oh man. I'm really sorry you had to go through that, bro. It's sad that it happens so often, the police have a category for it.

Comment