Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cosby was my Childhood Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelp(p) View Post
    The statement that Limbaugh was objecting to, doesn't preclude that kind of thing if you're being respectful and listening to the other party. Either Limbaugh badly misreads the statement or he's talking about the kind of "seduction," in the Blurred Lines video. If he's really as smooth as he thinks he is, then there should be no reason that straight up asking somebody if they want to have sex is "taking the romance out of everything." But then again, I'm just a virgin beta male, so maybe I don't get it.
    If that's the statement he's objecting to, then his statement and the statement in question have very little to do with one another.
    Last edited by Meta Knight; 11-24-2014, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
      If that's the statement he's objecting to, then his statement and the statement in question have very little to do with one another.
      Yeah, you're probably right.
      O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

A neat video of dead languages!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Sandra Fluke outed herself as a slut (she basically admitted to having sex so often that she couldn't afford the contraceptives). His stance against militant feminism is spot on. And I have no idea about the "seduction" thing. Never heard that one.
        You don't know much about women, huh?

Comment

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: QuantaFille

You were asked not to post here.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by QuantaFille; 11-27-2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
            Edited by a Moderator
            I had asked in the OP that you not post in this thread. Please honor that request.
            Last edited by QuantaFille; 11-27-2014, 12:09 PM. Reason: Quoting edited post
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelp(p) View Post
              Fluke does seem to have a crappy argument for state funded birth control, I'll grant you that. Limbaugh's remarks about her were still pigish and say a lot more about him than about her.

You actually believe being raised by a feminist causes small penis size? http://www.salon.com/2014/09/15/rush...ow_to_spot_it/
              What you have to learn about Limbaugh is that not everything he says is meant to be taken seriously -- sometimes he says things tongue-in-cheek, or he satirically expresses a contrary viewpoint as if he's serious -- simply to rile up his opponents who love taking him out of context at every opportunity. It almost serves as an in-joke for his regular listeners.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                You don't know much about women, huh?
                Not according to my wife.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Well, it is starting to look like many if not all of the accusations are false.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/12/hi...oubt-on-tales/

A number of women who have accused comedian Bill Cosby of sexual assault either have factual contradictions in their accounts or have personal histories that cast doubt on their claims, The Daily Caller has learned.

Five of Cosby’s recent accusers, including multiple women currently or previously represented by prominent feminist attorney Gloria Allred, have engaged in statements and behavior that warrant increased scrutiny of their public accusations against Cosby.

Comment

Nothing good has ever come out of any story with the name "Gloria Allred".
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I could buy 1 or two or even 3 but not 20.... it is looking like a vendetta. I don'y even want one to be true. but he already settled it....
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                        I could buy 1 or two or even 3 but not 20.... it is looking like a vendetta. I don'y even want one to be true. but he already settled it....
                        Yeah, why would he want to settle before it ever went to trial? I mean, it's not like the allegations alone could do serious harm to his career or anything. He has no motivation at all to want to avoid being accused of something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
                          For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Yeah, why would he want to settle before it ever went to trial? I mean, it's not like the allegations alone could do serious harm to his career or anything. He has no motivation at all to want to avoid being accused of something like this.

Fixed it for you...
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

It was obvious, Littlejoe.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Here's what's super sad....Even if Cosby had an affair (I wouldn't put it past him) a drunk relationship with a stripper or a woman (well....it IS Hollywood and I would NEVER excuse the behavior) or exploited someone at the playboy mansion while ahem drunk and even a bit stoned... (what a shock bad behavior includes a stripper and Hugh Hefner)
                              I can speculate even guess what actually happpened. I doubt it was actually rape.
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                                Here's what's super sad....Even if Cosby had an affair (I wouldn't put it past him) a drunk relationship with a stripper or a woman (well....it IS Hollywood and I would NEVER excuse the behavior) or exploited someone at the playboy mansion while ahem drunk and even a bit stoned... (what a shock bad behavior includes a stripper and Hugh Hefner)
                                I can speculate even guess what actually happpened. I doubt it was actually rape.
                                If, at any point, she says no.....
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment