Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cosby was my Childhood Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Not exactly. Limbaugh, at least, has not said anything one way or the other about Cosby's guilt. He's just curious about the timing. Why are these women speaking out now? And why all at once?
    At least one of the women said that the 2008 lawsuit gave her the courage she hadn't had.

Frankly, I don't think either of us has the right to judge anyone, especially a woman in this society, for taking a long time to come out about such an intimate violation- unless you happen to be a rape victim yourself. I'm not one.
    O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

A neat video of dead languages!

Comment

It's curious enough in itself why Limbaugh cares enough to try to cast doubt on the accusers. Why not just let the legal process play out?
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I think there's a reason this guy says he "felt like a pimp"....

Source: Today.com

A former employee of NBC Entertainment who says he worked for Bill Cosby has come forward to claim he regularly brought young women to Cosby's dressing room. He also says he was asked to send money to multiple women over the years.

Frank Scotti claims that as Cosby's right-hand man, it was once his job to guard the door after bringing young women to Cosby's dressing room in Brooklyn, but that he doesn't know what went on behind closed doors.

"I felt like a pimp,'' Scotti, 90, told Kate Snow in an interview that aired on TODAY Monday. "Every time he had somebody I had to watch, I had the girl stay there. I felt dirty."

© Copyright Original Source

Could it be, that if he did what he claims to have done, that he WAS acting like a pimp?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          It's curious enough in itself why Limbaugh cares enough to try to cast doubt on the accusers. Why not just let the legal process play out?
          Cause Limbaugh is not a news commentator -- he's an entertainer who thrives on controversy.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't think he is trying to cast doubt on the accusers.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And here's the part where I get dogpilled...

It seems to me that Limbaugh has a real ax to grind against women who feel wronged by men- from calling that woman campaigning for birth control a slut, to claiming feminism causes small penis sizes, to his bizarre apologia for "seduction." I'm sooooooo surprised he's been married four times or whatever the number is.
              O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelp(p) View Post

It seems to me that Limbaugh has a real ax to grind against women who feel wronged by men- from calling that woman campaigning for birth control a slut, to claiming feminism causes small penis sizes, to his bizarre apologia for "seduction." I'm sooooooo surprised he's been married four times or whatever the number is.
                It's all about the ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  It's all about the ratings.
                  Him and Glenn Beck really have no business in the news business.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelp(p) View Post

It seems to me that Limbaugh has a real ax to grind against women who feel wronged by men- from calling that woman campaigning for birth control a Edited by a Moderator, to claiming feminism causes small penis sizes, to his bizarre apologia for "seduction." I'm sooooooo surprised he's been married four times or whatever the number is.
                    Sandra Fluke outed herself as a Edited by a Moderator slut (she basically admitted to having sex so often that she couldn't afford the contraceptives). His stance against militant feminism is spot on. And I have no idea about the "seduction" thing. Never heard that one.
                    Last edited by Jedidiah; 01-05-2016, 03:52 PM.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                      Him and Glenn Beck really have no business in the news business.
                      I haven't listened to Rush in AGES, but even when I did, he wasn't claiming to be in the news business, but claimed to be an entertainer.

"I combine two elements: irreverent humor and serious discussion of issues," says Limbaugh, who doesn't know when he'll stop. "People tune in for both. But the key is having credibility. This has led to critics saying I am just an entertainer. I'm proud to be an entertainer. This is showbiz. At the same time, I believe everything I say."

Comment

Presumably for the same reason that the majority of commentators care enough to treat Cosby like he's already been convicted.

Comment

Sandra Fluke outed herself as a slut (she basically admitted to having sex so often that she couldn't afford the contraceptives).
                          Fluke does seem to have a crappy argument for state funded birth control, I'll grant you that. Limbaugh's remarks about her were still pigish and say a lot more about him than about her.

His stance against militant feminism is spot on.
                          You actually believe being raised by a feminist causes small penis size?
                          And I have no idea about the "seduction" thing. Never heard that one.
                          “How many of you guys, in your own experience with women, have learned that no means yes if you know how to spot it?”
                          http://www.salon.com/2014/09/15/rush...ow_to_spot_it/

Comment

The legal process will not reveal any truth unless someone has proof. What it will reveal is who gets what or who does not. No information on what really happened. Personally I have problems with all the hype and attention. Even attention from me.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I'm sorry, but is playing "hard to get" not a thing anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
                                I'm sorry, but is playing "hard to get" not a thing anymore?
                                The statement that Limbaugh was objecting to,
                                “the act of knowingly, actively and voluntarily agreeing explicitly to engage in sexual activity.” The guidelines explicitly state that “the absence of ‘no’ does not mean ‘yes,’” and that “it cannot be implied or assumed even in the context of a relationship”
                                doesn't preclude that kind of thing if you're being respectful and listening to the other party. Either Limbaugh badly misreads the statement or he's talking about the kind of "seduction," in the Blurred Lines video. If he's really as smooth as he thinks he is, then there should be no reason that straight up asking somebody if they want to have sex is "taking the romance out of everything." But then again, I'm just a virgin beta male, so maybe I don't get it.

Comment