Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cosby was my Childhood Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    I haven't seen any evidence of them losing anything. They may be telling 100% of the truth...they may not be...there's no proof other than their word, but it seems to be accepted pretty much by everyone. So it doesn't seem like they have anything to worry about so far...
    They will if their addresses ever leak out. The public is not usually kind to rape accusers, especially if they can cast them as heartless gold diggers trying to shake down a nice old man.
    Last edited by Kelp(p); 11-24-2014, 12:26 AM.
    O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

A neat video of dead languages!

Comment

It's interesting, or ironic, or something that Cosby is being defended by right wing commentators:

Glenn Beck

and Rush Limburgh

both of whom say it's all the liberal media's fault.

Comment

Unless there's very good reason to think otherwise, I expect that there's a lot of truth to the allegation (most rape allegations turn out to be true), which is unfortunate, especially for the victims of Cosby's behaviour and more so for a childhood icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          I remember when the initial allegations were made a few decades ago. They determined then that there was no evidence to prove Cosby did any of it. Sorry, I just don't believe it.
          One settled out of court with Cosby back then suggesting that there might have indeed been evidence but that the case was dropped. And now many more women have stepped forward. I think it is something like seven accusers at last count. While it is certainly plausible that a couple of them might be "jumping on the bandwagon" seeking either money or publicity I find it hard to believe that they all are.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Does anybody else remember him in "I Spy"?
            Along with Robert Culp. Then he had a sitcom where he was a coach at a school.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              One settled out of court with Cosby back then suggesting that there might have indeed been evidence but that the case was dropped. And now many more women have stepped forward. I think it is something like seven accusers at last count. While it is certainly plausible that a couple of them might be "jumping on the bandwagon" seeking either money or publicity I find it hard to believe that they all are.
              Until I see actual evidence, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. The settlement was a civil suit and was simply his word against hers. The Montgomery County prosecutors declined to file criminal charges because there was no evidence at all to support her claims.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Kelp(p) View Post
                I tend to think he's guilty (but I hope I'm wrong). These women just have too much to lose speaking out against a beloved public figure like this.
                Not really. The settlement in 2006 was allegedly for a rather hefty sum. There is simply no way for him to prove his innocence, and that is a very easily exploitable position.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  Unless there's very good reason to think otherwise, I expect that there's a lot of truth to the allegation (most rape allegations turn out to be true), which is unfortunate, especially for the victims of Cosby's behaviour and more so for a childhood icon.
                  Key word is most...as in the case of Wanetta Gibson

http://newsone.com/2597559/brian-banks-wanetta-gibson/

this is an old article, but the info is current far as I know. False allegations are just as destructive.
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I don't know if it is true, false or maybe partially true. I guess I will wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Does anybody else remember him in "I Spy"?
                      No, but I vaguely remember "Ghost Dad", which I tried telling my family about, and they didn't believe me.

I really hope he is innocent, but it does look pretty bad right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I don't know if it is true, false or maybe partially true. I guess I will wait and see.
                        yeah
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/11/2...?ncid=webmail1
                          This latest accusation has come as it was revealed that Cosby demanded female staffers on the "Late Show" watch him eat curry before he would go on stage.

"He'd include as a request, before he arrived, that the young girls, interns and assistants, all had to gather around in the green room backstage and sit down and watch him eat curry," a source told the Daily News.

"No one would say anything, and he would sit silently eating and make us watch and want us to watch."

Cosby's latest appearance on the show was canceled amid the torrent of rape claims being made against him, and Letterman's staffers expressed relief at not having to go through the "hated" pre-show ritual with the accused pervert.
                          O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

A neat video of dead languages!

Comment

strange
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                              It's interesting, or ironic, or something that Cosby is being defended by right wing commentators:

Glenn Beck

and Rush Limburgh

both of whom say it's all the liberal media's fault.
                              Not exactly. Limbaugh, at least, has not said anything one way or the other about Cosby's guilt. He's just curious about the timing. Why are these women speaking out now? And why all at once?
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Kelp(p) View Post
                                http://www.aol.com/article/2014/11/2...?ncid=webmail1
                                Letterman's staffers expressed relief at not having to go through the "hated" pre-show ritual with the accused pervert.
                                That's ironic coming from Letterman's staffers.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment