Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Idiots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    It's my understanding that Muslims deny the deity of Christ. That is a pretty significant doctrinal difference, no?
    That's more of a dispute about whether someone can also be said to be God, not about God himself. When you speak of the federal government, you think of the president, Congress and Supreme Court. Another person may for some reason think the Supreme Court doesn't count as the federal government, but the two of you are still conceiving of the same president and same Congress. The other person's conception is incomplete, not completely different.
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

There is one verse I can think of that might suggest that non-Christians can unknowingly worship God; Acts 17:23. I've long been fascinated by Paul's little speech here. Does it mean that the people really were unknowingly worship God, or does Paul just phrase it this way rhetorically?
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
        That's more of a dispute about whether someone can also be said to be God, not about God himself. When you speak of the federal government, you think of the president, Congress and Supreme Court. Another person may for some reason think the Supreme Court doesn't count as the federal government, but the two of you are still conceiving of the same president and same Congress. The other person's conception is incomplete, not completely different.
        Totally screwy concept of Christianity in this analogy. There is one God and no parts in Christianity.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          What use is this? Will Muslims now offer their historic Mosques for Christian prayers?
          Well, the West does lead the world in "Islamic values".

Comment

Originally posted by phank View Post
            And besides, we KNOW that all Samaritans were evil. Jesus would never have crafted a parable praising such a person - Samaritans had wrong beliefs.

I'm always amazed that a religion that nominally deifies a character who exemplifies understanding, tolerance, forgiveness, and acceptance is so consistently, often virulently opposed to these qualities. Tolerance? Acceptance? Forgiveness? IDIOCY!
            'But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

And besides, we KNOW that all Samaritans were evil. Jesus would never have crafted a parable praising such a person - Samaritans had wrong beliefs.
              You're really just not getting this. Please show me where Jesus invited the Samaritan religious leaders to hold services in the Temple.

I'm always amazed that a religion that nominally deifies a character who exemplifies understanding, tolerance, forgiveness, and acceptance is so consistently, often virulently opposed to these qualities. Tolerance? Acceptance? Forgiveness? IDIOCY!
              Yes, your post is idiocy. Again, when Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life - no man comes to the Father but by me" -- He certainly was NOT endorsing other religious leaders who taught otherwise.

You're really not very good at this.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                It's my understanding that Muslims deny the deity of Christ. That is a pretty significant doctrinal difference, no?
                "There is no God but Allah - and Jesus is his slave".
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with trying to get along with other religions, but letting them worship with you is basically saying "Your religion is as true as ours" and anyone who is Christian can't say that, because Muslims believe Jesus was just a man and he was never crucified. Jesus' divinity, his crucifixion and resurrection are the very cornerstone of Christianity. To say that doesn't matter is basically calling Jesus a liar and claiming to not be a Christian at all.

Comment

Read all about it. Idiotic Christians turn the other cheek! What would Jesus have thought?
                    That phank doesn't understand the Bible and is trying to use his horrible misunderstanding of the Bible to brow beat Christians, that actually do understand the Bible, into agreeing with him?
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      That phank doesn't understand the Bible and is trying to use his horrible misunderstanding of the Bible to brow beat Christians, that actually do understand the Bible, into agreeing with him?
                      It's like me getting into an argument with women about makeup.

Comment

Wee bit of a difference between helping some guy that was beaten and left for dead on the side of the road and letting them worship in your holy places.

I'm amazed how many atheist don't understand the Bible, but keep pretending that they do, while flat out ignoring the parts they do not like and/or want to hear. I seem to recall Jesus saying he is the truth, the way, and the light and NOBODY can come to the father, except though him. Does Islam teach this belief or not? A simple yes or no would answer the question. Unless of course, you don't like the answer and instead choose to call everybody who dares to disagree with you a bunch of names. If that is your choice, troll away.
                        Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 11-15-2014, 09:06 AM.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          It's like me getting into an argument with women about makeup.
                          You've been married for how long and you still haven't learned? Here, let me help you out:

Rottenecards_1323365_4j2cx4r6b3.png

If you guys just remembered that, you'd be set.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            You've been married for how long and you still haven't learned? Here, let me help you out:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2656[/ATTACH]

If you guys just remembered that, you'd be set.
                            I don't try to win arguments with women - I just keep expectations very low.

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                              I have my doubts regarding extremist groups like ISIS and al-Qaeda, but yes, I believe that many Muslims do ultimately worship the same God as Christians. The existence of differing doctrinal points isn't enough by itself to claim otherwise, unless you want to insist that Calvinists and Arminians are ultimately worshiping a different god (although I don't think that's an absurd conclusion to draw).
                              Scripture Verse: John 14:6-7, NIV

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

© Copyright Original Source

Does Islam accept or reject the verse? Yes or no?
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                I don't try to win arguments with women - I just keep expectations very low.
                                And thus you know the answer.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment