Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do feminists need patriarchy to protect them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do feminists need patriarchy to protect them?

The controversial web site Return of Kings, the web site of infamous PUA Roosh (who has the most hideous beard I've ever seen) which gained the ire of feminists everywhere a while back for suggesting that guys should date anorexic girls, advances this interesting hypothesis (fair warning, I think there's an f bomb in there somewhere):

http://www.returnofkings.com/47282/t...o-protect-them

Feminists are trying to take down Real Social Dynamics pick-up coach Julian Blanc for a video he posted, in which Julien pulls Asian women toward his crotch while repeatedly shouting “pickachu.” They’ve already gotten RSD banned from several major hotels, and shut down an RSD event, attacking and hitting RSD instructor Max. Those behind #TakeDownJulienBlanc say that what Julien does in the video is sexual harassment, and ask why other men don’t police men like Julien Blanc?

Well feminists, I’ve been waiting for this a long time, and it’s finally come. I’ve been waiting for the day you’d ask us to bring back patriarchy.
    It's a very long article and worth reading in full. Since it covers a great deal of material I can't even quote enough select pieces to give a full summary. The primary question is interesting though: can feminists actually do anything to police men without the aid of other men? As the article notes, the controversial PUA in question was subjected to travel bans by powerful white men. In one of the vides one man is brutally assaulted by a black female feminist, but the female feminist is so weak that the brutal assault doesn't amount to much actual physical harm. The Onion did a piece on this a few years back. On tweb itself we don't seem to have a lot any female feminists. Naturalism 101 might as well be renamed to "The Blue Oyster."
    Last edited by Darth Executor; 11-11-2014, 03:23 PM.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Not that I'm against asking why men aren't policing other men (this is basically what society and peer pressure/shame is all about), but it just goes to show that some feminists like to have their cake and eat it too or they simply don't hear the words coming out of their own mouth.

BTW, the pick up artist tactic of pulling women to your crotch and yelling "PICKACHU!" is one of the most despicable and hilarious things I've heard in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      The primary question is interesting though: can feminists actually do anything to police men without the aid of other men?
      Probably not, just like how African-Americans after slavery couldn't do anything to police white people who committed crimes against them without the aid of other white people. But that's hardly the same as saying "Oh look, now those uppity blacks want to bring back white supremacy." It's a condemnation of white supremacy, in fact, that for a long time African-Americans weren't given the power needed to defend themselves. Likewise, it's a condemnation of patriarchy that women still don't have sufficient power and influence to legally ward off people like that.
      Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
        Probably not, just like how African-Americans after slavery couldn't do anything to police white people who committed crimes against them without the aid of other white people.
        Isn't that an admission of inherent inequality? People are not helpless against their lessers or their equals. You can only be helpless against your betters.

But that's hardly the same as saying "Oh look, now those uppity blacks want to bring back white supremacy."
        I don't think the argument was that feminists WANT to bring back patriarchy so much as that their requests require de facto patriarchy as women lack the ability to do so themselves.

It's a condemnation of white supremacy, in fact, that for a long time African-Americans weren't given the power needed to defend themselves.
        If you need someone else to give you power then they are your de facto ruler. If African-Americans cannot defend themselves without whitey's help then they are in fact petitioning white supremacy to protect them, much like a servant would petition a king. Same with feminists.

Likewise, it's a condemnation of patriarchy that women still don't have sufficient power and influence to legally ward off people like that.
        How is it a condemnation? There is no naturally obvious reason why one group of people should submit themselves completely to the dominance of another, weaker group, like feminists and anti-racists demand.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Look at their actions: they're effectively using the hated patriarchy, and are perfectly happy to do so until they get enough power to be independent (or so they dream).

Comment

There are far more creative and classy ways to use the venerable Pikachu in a pick-up routine:

Recovering PUAs apologize for using a public trademark disrespectfully

Comment