Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Those Freedom Loving Liberals!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
    Here we are again ... once again I'm getting close to leaving this forum for its consistent and continuous demonisation of anyone with even the most slightly progressive view as one of those AWFUL LIBERALS. Blame, blame, blame. Let's take an entire spectrum of political thought and condense it down to one hated word: LIBERAL. Let's look for things to complain about from the OTHER SIDE.

    I don't post about Glen Beck and the stupid things he says because I understand that he is not representative of conservative thought. I can't be the only one who is intelligent enough to hold a nuanced view of people with whom I disagree ...... can I?
    Pman, please don't paint the forum with a broad brush because some posters are posting with a ...broad brush. You are indeed not the only one here capable of nuance. Those without (or with the least) nuance tend to shout the loudest, but you're going to find that pretty much everywhere; withdrawing from conversation here won't fix that.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      30 second search:

      http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-pastry?lite=e

      AllPeopleRights replied Mar 4, 2013
      #290.1
      comment author avatar
      Perhaps they are trying to catch problems early on - before the kid becomes a mass shooter later. Perhaps this particular kid has brought focus to guns before? We don't know all the details here.

      bill-3241772 commented Mar 5, 2013

      #299
      comment author avatar
      Probably a gun totin bible thumper republicant kid in whose family it is considered a "right" to show the gun as a means of ahem, self defense. Which we all know as weapons of mass destruction.

      Anyway, the point isn't that the average liberal is this crazy, but rather that this craziness is just the natural extension of liberalism.
      I meant people who have some sort of weight to the things they say, but w/e, you understand that was a minor part of my larger point.

      Umm, of course it's school administrators, who else would ban things in schools? But that's not the only commonality, the other commonality is liberalism.
      Liberals don't believe students shouldn't be able to express their religion on their own time, so the commonality is a straw man.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
        Whose political ideology created school administrators in the form we all know and despise today?
        I don't think that's relevant.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
          And public schools are of course well known for being bastions of conservative thought.
          Public schools reflect the ideology of their attendant's parents. You're thinking of colleges.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
            Public schools reflect the ideology of their attendant's parents. You're thinking of colleges.
            I have some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              I have some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you.
              With all the earthquakes in Cali, that might not be so funny one day.
              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                Public schools reflect the ideology of their attendant's parents. You're thinking of colleges.
                No, public schools reflect the ideology of their teachers and staff.

                And of course, teachers unions, like any other labor union, are well-known for their political neutrality.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by phank View Post
                  In any case, as presented, this case sounds stupid. There doesn't appear to be any official school sponsorship or support. Now, if the rest of the story, omitted for some reason, is that the school denied the same opportunity to a group of wiccans, then we might have something substantive here.
                  What does making the unconstitutional ban broader change? Nothing. Pointless post serving only to jab at Seer.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
                    No, public schools reflect the ideology of their teachers and staff.

                    And of course, teachers unions, like any other labor union, are well-known for their political neutrality.
                    What sort of things would you expect to see at a conservative public school?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                      What sort of things would you expect to see at a conservative public school?
                      Support for the Constitution as written, not as liberal folks are trying to get it changed to. See all the false information in some of the official textbooks. And no, I will not link to them. I am sure you have seen some awful stuff, but it may not have seemed awful to you.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        Support for the Constitution as written, not as liberal folks are trying to get it changed to. See all the false information in some of the official textbooks. And no, I will not link to them. I am sure you have seen some awful stuff, but it may not have seemed awful to you.
                        Could you be more specific? If you were to walk into a public school, how would you know whether it was liberal or conservative? What would you see or hear that would mean the school supports the Constitution as written? What sort of lessons would they be teaching?

                        I'm asking this because I know conservative public schools exist in large numbers and want to know how you define a school's political ideology. That way I can better address your disagreement.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                          Could you be more specific? If you were to walk into a public school, how would you know whether it was liberal or conservative? What would you see or hear that would mean the school supports the Constitution as written? What sort of lessons would they be teaching?

                          I'm asking this because I know conservative public schools exist in large numbers and want to know how you define a school's political ideology. That way I can better address your disagreement.
                          This specific case a conservative school would say as long as we are not involved it is okay. Another example I have seen lately was a school teaching a paraphrased version of the 2nd amendment specifying that only state militias were covered by that amendment. A conservative school would offer the actual verbiage of the amendment and invite discussion. These are just a couple examples.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            This specific case a conservative school would say as long as we are not involved it is okay. Another example I have seen lately was a school teaching a paraphrased version of the 2nd amendment specifying that only state militias were covered by that amendment. A conservative school would offer the actual verbiage of the amendment and invite discussion. These are just a couple examples.
                            Those are still pretty vague. Let me get to the point. Would a conservative school allow for an explicitly Christian placard to be hanged on its walls? Would a conservative school teach abstinence only? Would a conservative school open its sports games with prayer? Would a conservative school teach creationism or intelligent design? How did liberal ideology manage to slip into schools in rural, conservative areas? The idea that all public schools are places of liberal thought is not only ludicrous but borders on conspiracy theory.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                              Those are still pretty vague. Let me get to the point. Would a conservative school allow for an explicitly Christian placard to be hanged on its walls? Would a conservative school teach abstinence only? Would a conservative school open its sports games with prayer? Would a conservative school teach creationism or intelligent design? How did liberal ideology manage to slip into schools in rural, conservative areas? The idea that all public schools are places of liberal thought is not only ludicrous but borders on conspiracy theory.
                              You are not asking about a conservative school here. You are asking about a Christian school

                              A public school should not support one religion over another, as is being done in one North Carolina school. In that case it is support for Islam and no comment on Christianity. A public school should teach sexual morality as opposed to do what feels good, sex should be learned at home. A public school should allow purely student organized and led prayer to open games. YEC is not science, nor is ID. Liberal thought is not pro liberal socially or economically. Liberal thought should allow equal freedom to ask any question that comes up, and those questions should be answered without bias.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                                What sort of things would you expect to see at a conservative public school?
                                Bigfoot.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Reepicheep, Yesterday, 07:21 PM
                                9 responses
                                44 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Gondwanaland  
                                Started by Reepicheep, Yesterday, 01:13 PM
                                10 responses
                                79 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post tabibito  
                                Started by MaxVel, Yesterday, 09:03 AM
                                29 responses
                                187 views
                                2 likes
                                Last Post MaxVel
                                by MaxVel
                                 
                                Started by Cow Poke, Yesterday, 06:59 AM
                                30 responses
                                140 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Mountain Man  
                                Started by shunyadragon, 07-22-2021, 05:50 PM
                                35 responses
                                193 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Working...
                                X