Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Those Freedom Loving Liberals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    Historically, liberals have only cared about school-sponsored prayer and worship and have no issue with students practicing their faith on their own.
    That hasn't been my experience as one ARRESTED for practicing my faith on my own, relative to public schools. They first wanted to eliminate ALL religious activities on school grounds, then it got down to allowing "student let" activities under the "equal access" agreement.

Seer's ignorance has resulted in blaming this (and as seen on this forum, literally everything he dislikes) on liberals instead of overzealous school officials frightened of bad press and lawsuits. This decision has nothing to do with liberal ideology. Either that, or we are not getting the whole story
    In my case it was overzealous liberals, but, yeah, a lot of it has to do with fear of lawsuits from ...... OH YEAH... LIBERALS!

Leave a comment:

• Psychic Missile
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Bad press and lawsuits from who? I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's not from Tea Party activists.
    Why did that one school suspend a boy for a gun-shaped poptart? Teachers and administrators ignorant of the law try to play it safe by overreaching. The ACLU and the FFRF only care about school sponsored religion. They have no issue with students practicing religion on their own.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    Historically, liberals have only cared about school-sponsored prayer and worship and have no issue with students practicing their faith on their own. Seer's ignorance has resulted in blaming this (and as seen on this forum, literally everything he dislikes) on liberals instead of overzealous school officials frightened of bad press and lawsuits. This decision has nothing to do with liberal ideology. Either that, or we are not getting the whole story
    Bad press and lawsuits from who? I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's not from Tea Party activists.

Leave a comment:

• Psychic Missile
    replied
    Historically, liberals have only cared about school-sponsored prayer and worship and have no issue with students practicing their faith on their own. Seer's ignorance has resulted in blaming this (and as seen on this forum, literally everything he dislikes) on liberals instead of overzealous school officials frightened of bad press and lawsuits. This decision has nothing to do with liberal ideology. Either that, or we are not getting the whole story

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• seer
    started a topic Those Freedom Loving Liberals!

Those Freedom Loving Liberals!

How on earth is meeting on free time to pray and discuss religious topics a violation of separation?

http://www.adfmedia.org/News/PRDetail/9414