Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pastors Face Jail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonhard
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    More loss of religious liberty!
    Your thread titles are getting somewhat misleading seer. Where did the pastor face these things? He's saying he'll fight even if it means going to jail (which its left somewhat ambigious) but has he been threatened with that?

Even if he hasn't, I'd say that there are things he could do in an attempt to defend the unborn that would warrant that he get himself arrested.

All that being said, forcing people to pay for other people's abortions is horrible. I agree with that.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    started a topic Pastors Face Jail?

Pastors Face Jail?

More loss of religious liberty!

On a Sunday morning, congregants fill the campus of Calvary Chapel Chino Hills, a non-denominational evangelical church located in the heart of Southern California. Since the church’s inception, Senior Pastor Jack Hibbs – a strong pro-life proponent – has encouraged his congregation to uphold religious values and fundamental liberties in the public square. Now, the church is opposing a California mandate egregiously imposed on religious institutions across the Golden State. The congregation is challenging a decision by the California Department of Managed Healthcare that forces all employers, including churches, to provide coverage for elective abortions in all health insurance plans.

We will take this to the point of being jailed, if necessary, being arrested, if necessary – whatever it takes. I cannot violate my biblical worldview,” Hibbs said. “Once I have to do that, I no longer live in the United States our founding fathers gave me.”
    http://liveactionnews.org/pastor-id-...ding-abortion/