Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pastors Face Jail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
    As are the artist, the soldier, and the executioner. If dialogue can produce nothing good out of you, perhaps the inevitable decomposition can. Perhaps you should take the name of Yorick?
    “For then the dust will return to the earth, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.”

Leave a comment:

• Epoetker
    replied
    Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    That’s because you are a little over excited or maybe you are trying to be playful. “The lunatic, the lover, and the poet, are of imagination all compact.” - Theseus (A Midsummer Night’s Dream).
    As are the artist, the soldier, and the executioner. If dialogue can produce nothing good out of you, perhaps the inevitable decomposition can. Perhaps you should take the name of Yorick?

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    It seems more the sort of thing a demon-possessed atheist might say when cornered. Which one am I speaking with now?
    That’s because you are a little over excited or maybe you are trying to be playful. “The lunatic, the lover, and the poet, are of imagination all compact.” - Theseus (A Midsummer Night’s Dream).
    Last edited by firstfloor; 11-17-2014, 01:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Epoetker
    replied
    That’s an example of non-scriptural eisegesis.
    It seems more the sort of thing a demon-possessed atheist might say when cornered. Which one am I speaking with now?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I don't mind at all FACING the jail, I just don't like bein on the inside of the bars!

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Did you just say "Hail Satan" and "Satan doesn't exist" in the same breath?
    That’s an example of non-scriptural eisegesis.

Leave a comment:

• Epoetker
    replied
    Lucifer means morning star (Venus), the bringer of dawn. Man’s disobedience to God, Hell and Satan are Christian myths taught to children to keep them in line. The psychology works particularly well for kiddie fiddling Catholic Priests.
    Did you just say "Hail Satan" and "Satan doesn't exist" in the same breath?

What’s the obscure language all about? Is your collar a bit tight or something? I thought you might like this:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ess-other.html
    Transparent distractions don't really work on me.

Leave a comment:

• jordanriver
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    The "kiddie fiddlers" were mostly gays cruising for teenage boys.
    The irony of it all, this is a thread where non-Christians are 'shocked' because we don't give the pulpit over to non-Christians. ..
    ...then when their fellow non-Christians masquerade as priests to molest children, they blame the Church

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    The psychology works particularly well for kiddie fiddling Catholic Priests.
    The "kiddie fiddlers" were mostly gays cruising for teenage boys.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Since you're so good at quotes, who originally came up with "better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven?"
    Lucifer means morning star (Venus), the bringer of dawn. Man’s disobedience to God, Hell and Satan are Christian myths taught to children to keep them in line. The psychology works particularly well for kiddie fiddling Catholic Priests.

What’s the obscure language all about? Is your collar a bit tight or something? I thought you might like this:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ess-other.html

Leave a comment:

• Epoetker
    replied
    I hadn’t suspected that before but “If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Let Jesus take the wheel, etc, etc.
    Do you know that a lot of the most dedicated enemies of gays and their ilk are those who saw value in male friendship, showmanship, public displays of affection, singing, and yes, even sensitive guys? It's almost as though they'd rather use their talents and inclinations humbly in a functional society instead of trampling on the common trust and demanding that the society submit to the most extreme expressions of those inclinations.

Since you're so good at quotes, who originally came up with "better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven?"

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    See, your philosophy of 'be as servile to evil and aggressive people as possible' isn't that hard to see if you look carefully!
    I hadn’t suspected that before but “If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Let Jesus take the wheel, etc, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Epoetker
    replied
    Originally posted by Firstfloor, digging hard
    God help me always to seek the truth … and protect me from those who have found it”
    That sounds rather a bit like the type of thing that a tyrant or oligarch might say, don't you think? And after that, you say this:

misogynistic, chauvinistic, supremacist men think it is their business to decide what women can or cannot to their own bodies. I would not expect a woman to tell me what I can do to mine.
    I would if I got married to her, but the respecting and enforcement of contracts isn't exactly a liberal's strong suit.

The age at which a foetus is entitled to legal personhood is a medical/scientific/moral question that ought to involve both sexes.
    I'm of the mind that having these things decided by women and disinterested specialized committees probably isn't a good idea.

Female infanticide in India is a very strange cultural phenomenon.
    "We are crazy for boys. We mourn when girls are born," says Rajan Singhi, a farmer in Devda and a father of two boys, who is proud of his long ancestry as a member of the warrior Bhatti Rajput clan.
    In most cases the killing takes place within 24 hours of a baby’s birth and the crime is committed either by the mother or the midwife, he says.
    "I have heard that people administer opium or thrust a small but heavy sack filled with sand or mustard seeds on the baby’s face. Many mothers do not breast feed their daughter, starving the child to death," Singhi says.”
    http://ilga.code8.cz/india-faces-fem...ticide-crisis/

Why do you think you can prevent that by stopping abortion? If anything, early abortion of female foetuses would reduce suffering.
    And the early suppression of knowledge of the truth would make it possible for the tyrant to rule with much less bloodshed! See, your philosophy of 'be as servile to evil and aggressive people as possible' isn't that hard to see if you look carefully!

Reading that passage made me more of the 'genocide the evil corrupt Bhatti Rajput clan and unburden the earth of their cursed family line' frame of mind, but to each their own.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    My objection was that misogynistic, chauvinistic, supremacist men think it is their business to decide what women can or cannot to their own bodies. I would not expect a woman to tell me what I can do to mine. The age at which a foetus is entitled to legal personhood is a medical/scientific/moral question that ought to involve both sexes.
    This is why you should stop pretending to know what you are talking about and try to learn before you speak. I don't know what your biology classes taught you, but mine would say that a fetus is not part of a woman's body and will not be, no matter how much you wish that was true. See, I have a different genetic code than my daughter, so how could she had been part of my body, during the fetus stage, if we didn't share the same genetic code? The second problem here is that you don't understand the law either. We tell people what they can do with their own bodies all the time. Can I go into a crowded room and just start swinging my arms wildly around? Why not? Is it because it might hurt somebody else? So if we say the unborn are persons and an abortion is the taking of a life that isn't yours to take, how can such a thing be 'misogynist' when the reason has nothing at all to do with what you claim? This is what happens when you keep speaking before you think. You end up looking quite foolish. Now do yourself a favor FF, stop talking. It would be the best option for you; at this point in time.

"We are crazy for boys. We mourn when girls are born," says Rajan Singhi, a farmer in Devda and a father of two boys, who is proud of his long ancestry as a member of the warrior Bhatti Rajput clan.
    In most cases the killing takes place within 24 hours of a baby’s birth and the crime is committed either by the mother or the midwife, he says.
    "I have heard that people administer opium or thrust a small but heavy sack filled with sand or mustard seeds on the baby’s face. Many mothers do not breast feed their daughter, starving the child to death," Singhi says.”

Why do you think you can prevent that by stopping abortion? If anything, early abortion of female foetuses would reduce suffering.
    Still desperately trying to avoid the fact that the very thing you support, supports the killing of fetus because of their sex? I understand, it must be hard to accuse other people of being misogynist, while supporting such a misogynistic practice.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    It took you .... (and other nonsense)
    My objection was that misogynistic, chauvinistic, supremacist men think it is their business to decide what women can or cannot to their own bodies. I would not expect a woman to tell me what I can do to mine. The age at which a foetus is entitled to legal personhood is a medical/scientific/moral question that ought to involve both sexes.

Leave a comment: