Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pastors Face Jail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Jesus, being Jewish, would disagree with you. Halacha, i.e. Jewish law defines when a fetus becomes a nefesh (person), namely when the head emerges from the womb. Before then, the fetus is considered a 'partial life' and there are several circumstances when abortion is permitted - even mandated in certain limited situations.

http://www.aish.com/ci/sam/48954946.html

"You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.”
    Mark 7:8, NIV

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by phank View Post
    And here is the sort of brain-dead fanaticism we must deal with in the land of the free. An excellent illustration of why topics like this cannot be discussed rationally, or for that matter discussed at all.
    So what else would you call the mass killing of the unborn on the alter of convenience?

Back to the OP, what we have is a California insurance regulation, and a carefully extracted, mindless drooling over-reaction on the part of some religious nitwit. The old saw "I disagree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it", in religious hands, morphs into "I disagree with what you say and I'll kill you if you say it again." Christian tolerance American style is fascinating to behold. So it's entertaining to see another Christian cleric demonstrating Christ's advice to turn the other cheek, American style.
    In other words, Phank hates religious liberty and thinks he has the right to strip people of their rights to disagree with him by forcing them to provide something they believe is the murder of innocents. The icing on the cake is your stupidity on actually knowing what 'turn the cheek' actually means. Guess your ignorance, stupidity, and hatred has taken control of your again. Gosh, do you really hate religion that much? How sad...

It's no wonder that Americans in a recent poll voted about ten to one that Christ would be appalled if he returned today and saw the vicious intolerance practiced in his name.
    Or how he sees people supporting the murder of the unborn on the alter of convenience. Sorry Phank, but murder is murder, no matter how much you want to sugar coat it and pretend it isn't what it is, while calling everybody you disagree with a bunch of names.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Women have possession, men don’t. At what stage would you allow the state to have rights over your property? When does a foetus become a person with individual rights? If you go by the Bible it is about one month after birth.
    That's another stupid comment, by that logic, parents have the right to kill their children anytime they want. Even after they are born. Please stop drooling all over yourself FF, I'm sure it makes quite a mess...

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    That’s a little bit slimy but note that my reaction was in response to Seer’s fraudulent claim of loss of religious liberty. And I am not giving my advice to women but to misogynistic men to encourage them to stop poking their stupid noses into women’s business.
    What a stupid comment.

Are you saying that fathers do not matter in the lives of their children?

Leave a comment:

• pancreasman
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    So churches then should pay for abortions? Perhaps we should also force them to officiate homosexual weddings. You are a classic Stalinist pancreasman.
    You'd be more likely to have persuasive power if you didn't stereotype and play to the cheer squad. Liberals are no more alike than conservatives are like Glen Beck.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Women have possession, men don’t.
    This is about as dumb as can be. Possession? If I take a woman off the street and haul here out to a cabin in the woods, I have her in my possession. According to your logic it would then be okay for me to kill her.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    That's the problem, it is not just their body anymore. There is now someone else's body involved and what about their rights?

To quote abortion survivor Gianna Jessen, "who was looking out for her rights when they were trying to kill her"? What about her body which they were trying to destroy?
    Women have possession, men don’t. At what stage would you allow the state to have rights over your property? When does a foetus become a person with individual rights? If you go by the Bible it is about one month after birth.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Nobody would hold the insurer or participants in the scheme responsible for any aspect of medical treatment which is a strictly private matter between a physician and his patient.
    Except that abortion is not in any sense medical treatment. It is the murder of an innocent. That makes it my business and the business of every honest man who believes that murder is wrong. Being a woman does not make anyone above the law against murder. Just because it is legal it is no less the killing of an innocent person.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    If you were really pro-life you would not have armed forces, armed police, contraception or the death penalty.
    I personally have never claimed to be pro-life. I am openly anti-abortion.

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    No, they just don’t count. Unless you are invited by the woman in question to give your opinion, women’s bodies are an issue between them and their doctors.
    That's the problem, it is not just their body anymore. There is now someone else's body involved and what about their rights?

To quote abortion survivor Gianna Jessen, "who was looking out for her rights when they were trying to kill her"? What about her body which they were trying to destroy?

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    That’s a little bit slimy but note that my reaction was in response to Seer’s fraudulent claim of loss of religious liberty. And I am not giving my advice to women but to misogynistic men to encourage them to stop poking their stupid noses into women’s business.
    Slimy? You just stated your opinion that men's opinions on the subject are inherently invalid (which sounds a bit sexist, but is self-defeating anyway). Are you saying that all men opposed to abortion are stupid misogynists?

Btw, my wife is 9 months pregnant right now, and abortion upsets her deeply. Every woman I know who has been pregnant (some, like my mother, have been pregnant a lot) is ardently opposed to it.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    Then why are you giving your opinion?

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    No, they just don’t count. Unless you are invited by the woman in question to give your opinion, women’s bodies are an issue between them and their doctors.
    Then why are you giving your opinion?

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    So basically men's opinions on the subject of abortion only count if they're pro-abortion?

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    With this sort of issue it helps to imagine how you would feel if men got pregnant. I doubt if you and star wars fan have that much imagination so don’t worry about it.
    So basically men's opinions on the subject of abortion only count if they're pro-abortion?

Leave a comment: