Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The difference between harrassment and compliments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrift
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    Well Adrift, it is a new day - we all need to be more open minded!
    I think my brain is leaking.

Leave a comment:

• Paprika
    replied
    Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    There's a difference of sexually implicitness. When a man compliments a womans breasts he's saying "Right now I find you really sexually attractive, and I want you to know." and a woman complimenting on another womans hair "That's really neat what you did with that, it suits you."
    So how is the former necessarily harassment?

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    Seriously?

Well Adrift, it is a new day - we all need to be more open minded!

Leave a comment:

• Leonhard
    replied
    Ok, what exactly is the difference between say you have nice hair or nice breasts? I mean they are both body parts.
    There's a difference of sexually implicitness. When a man compliments a womans breasts he's saying "Right now I find you really sexually attractive, and I want you to know." and a woman complimenting on another womans hair "That's really neat what you did with that, it suits you."
    Last edited by Leonhard; 11-10-2014, 09:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    Ok, what exactly is the difference between say you have nice hair or nice breasts? I mean they are both body parts.
    Seriously?

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    An interesting question in another thread was what exactly constituted the line between when men go over the line with women. Some people indicate that men just can't help it, and so should be excused almost no matter what they do (short of rape and grabbing), which is nonsense as men aren't animals. Others go in the opposite direction and say that even the mere saying 'hello' in a non-suggestive way is harrasment.

Lets make it easy.

Edited by a Moderator

Did the bolded happen in the other thread?
    Last edited by Jedidiah; 11-11-2014, 04:17 PM. Reason: Language not acceptable

Leave a comment:

• Paprika
    replied
    Ok, what exactly is the difference between say you have nice hair or nice breasts?
    The rejection of the compliment.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    An interesting question in another thread was what exactly constituted the line between when men go over the line with women. Some people indicate that men just can't help it, and so should be excused almost no matter what they do (short of rape and grabbing), which is nonsense as men aren't animals. Others go in the opposite direction and say that even the mere saying 'hello' in a non-suggestive way is harrasment.

Lets make it easy.

Edited by a Moderator

Last edited by Jedidiah; 11-11-2014, 04:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Leonhard
    started a topic The difference between harrassment and compliments.

The difference between harrassment and compliments.

Lets make it easy.

Edited by a Moderator

EDIT: DarthEx is not allowed to post in this thread.
    Last edited by Sparko; 11-12-2014, 08:37 AM.