Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So what am I doing in Civics 101?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    I thought only fictional people in comic books were dumb enough to elect some one that was evil like Lex Luthor! And they reelected the guy?! Is he REALLY a Christian? Or is he getting a platinum toilet brush?
    In this case his opponent was Charlie Crist. Here's a sample of what Crist is all about:

http://www.ontheissues.org/governor/...t_Abortion.htm

If you don't understand, it's ok. Crist doesn't understand either. I don't know much about Scott (other than that his policies appear to be the typical stupid conservative drivel), but I know plenty about Crist. He's internationally infamous for being completely shameless about his lack of any discernible principle beyond "get Crist elected to something, anything, please gib government office". Based on what I know about Crist it would be more accurate to say that Crist lost than that Scott won.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      He's internationally infamous for being completely shameless about his lack of any discernible principle beyond "get Crist elected to something, anything, please gib government office".
      That was indeed the line given about him, but I consider that vastly overstated as an estimate of his motives. I'll leave it at that for now though you can ask me for more info by email if you wish.
      Last edited by jpholding; 11-10-2014, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
        That was indeed the line given about him, but I consider that vastly overstated as an estimate of his motives. I'll leave it at that for now though you can ask me for more info by email if you wish.
        Sure send me anything you have on the subject. My assessment of him is a result of his own words though so I'm not sure my opinion will sway much.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I noticed you inexplicably posting in Civics 101 and just put it down to your advanced age and old man senility.

Comment

Many voters here in Florida ought to be comic book characters!

Scott professes to be a Christian, but he only seems to mention it when he is up for election. His professions of faith are purely rote and I have never seen him refer to Jesus or Christianity at any other time. To make matters worse, he attends a church that spent over 2 million dollars on itself for a building then gave a relative pittance to help churches in poorer areas with their own facilities.

http://www.businessobserverfl.com/se...h-avenue-home/
            http://naples.floridaweekly.com/news...ebration_.html

If he gets a toilet brush it will be plastic.
            I was making a platinum screwball joke... Sounds like FL has poor candidate choices... y'all need more applicants.
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
              I noticed you inexplicably posting in Civics 101 and just put it down to your advanced age and old man senility.
              Then what's your excuse? Horny doofiness?

Comment

I was making a platinum screwball joke... Sounds like FL has poor candidate choices... y'all need more applicants.
                We have plenty. What we need is for them to be recognized by an electorate that too often views candidates in messianic terms and won't even consider any others.

Comment

We have plenty. What we need is for them to be recognized by an electorate that too often views candidates in messianic terms and won't even consider any others.
                  Your electorate are NUTS!
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Your electorate are NUTS!
                    It's not as bad as what happened in my state in the 90s. The night before the governor election, somebody made anonymous calls before the election that said "Remember, (name of candidate) is a Jew." This candidate lost.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

KingsGambit: Ugh.
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Then what's your excuse? Horny doofiness?
                        I don't post there because they don't talk about me, and if they don't talk about me

ZEN ZIT BORES ME!

Comment

I'm guessing the majority only voted for the guy because he had an R by his name.

Comment

Originally posted by OfficialPro View Post
                            I'm guessing the majority only voted for the guy because he had an R by his name.
                            That's frequent here, yes. We have more than a few transplants who come from high tax states like CT so that they can abuse our roads, parks and services and not have to pay anywhere near as much tax to keep them going. Then when stuff like this happens because of budget cuts:

http://news.wgcu.org/post/deaths-dcf...ts-budget-cuts

...they say it's just proof that government can't do the job and we need to cut even more.

Comment

That's frequent here, yes. We have more than a few transplants who come from high tax states like CT so that they can abuse our roads, parks and services and not have to pay anywhere near as much tax to keep them going. Then when stuff like this happens because of budget cuts:

http://news.wgcu.org/post/deaths-dcf...ts-budget-cuts

...they say it's just proof that government can't do the job and we need to cut even more.
                              Not sure what you mean. The Tragedy of the Commons?
                              The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                                Not sure what you mean. The Tragedy of the Commons?
                                That might fit with our issues with water supply. What I had in mind though was more like a carpetbagger phenomenon.

Comment