Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ferguson About to Ignite Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferguson About to Ignite Again?

It's about time for the grand jury to announce their finding.

Source: NYTimes

FERGUSON, Mo. — Walk down West Florissant Avenue, and the scars of the summer are still there. The door and display window of a beauty supply store remain covered with plywood; a glued-up poster, “Beauty Town Is Back,” is the one hopeful sign of the life inside. A cellphone store, too, still has the plywood up from when riots and confrontations with the police shook this neighborhood. And the Family of Faith Baptist Church uses its billboard to proclaim, “Join us as we pray for peace.”

But few are expecting peace as this St. Louis suburb prepares for a grand jury decision, expected in the next few weeks, on whether to indict the police officer who fatally shot an unarmed black man in August, inciting months of protests and putting Ferguson at the center of a national debate over the police and race.

Here, where heavily fortified police officers faced the demonstrators and the nights sometimes turned violent, even those shopkeepers who put in new windows are boarding up again.

© Copyright Original Source

Source
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Lord have mercy.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

We can each say an Our Father for this issue.

Comment

I hope and pray for peace. And those calling for "justice" may have to realize that Officer Wilson was in the right.
        Last edited by seer; 11-08-2014, 05:18 AM.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          I hope and pray for peace. And those calling for "justice" may have to realize that Officer Wilson was in the right.
          Doing what may have been justified is not always the same thing as doing what is right.
          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
            Doing what may have been justified is not always the same thing as doing what is right.
            What would you have had him do?
            "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
            -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            I support the :
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
              It may have been both right and just. And some people are just going to have accept the decision.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

It may have been both right and just. And some people are just going to have accept the decision.
                We might never properly know exactly what happened, however there's reasonable doubt in favor of the officers innocence from what I've seen, and that's all that is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  We might never properly know exactly what happened, however there's reasonable doubt in favor of the officers innocence from what I've seen, and that's all that is needed.
                  The sad truth is, if Wilson is not indicted Ferguson will burn, a lot of people will get hurt.

Comment

I suspect this time they will be taking it outside of Ferguson, and after stiff resistance will take a lesson from terrorists and take it underground.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

The sad truth is, if Wilson is not indicted Ferguson will burn, a lot of people will get hurt.
                      This is an important point --- the Grand Jury has NOT YET indicted Wilson --- they are considering if it is reasonable to do so. And even IF Wilson is indicted, the evidence and testimony will be presented in a subsequent trial.

From the rumblings, however, it is sounding like Wilson may be "no billed", meaning no trial.

And, if Ferguson erupts in violence, it says more about who THEY are than what "justice" is.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment