Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rainbow cakes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rainbow cakes

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ommission.html

    The way I see this is that this bakery haven't discriminated against gay people if they would have done same thing on any other matter of conscience for themselves. There must have been other bakeries which would have made this cake and one wonders if this was contrived in an attempt to drive Christians from the market place. If people contrive to make trouble for Christians when does it become harassment? Gay people see their identity as flowing from their sexuality and Christians see their identity as flowing from their commitment to Jesus Christ. I realize that not all Christians are in agreement on Biblical interpretations of homosexuality, but for those of us who do hold the conservative interpretation, why should our Christian identity be seen as less then a gay identity. For the record I support the right of gay people to get married but I do not support gay marriage. In other words I think gays should be able to marry if that is their choice, but if asked my opinion as to whether or not a gay person should marry then I would say 'no'

  • #2
    Why not ask Christian bakers for cakes that say "JESUS IS A LIE" and then sue them when they refuse to bake them
    "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Abigail View Post
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ommission.html

      The way I see this is that this bakery haven't discriminated against gay people if they would have done same thing on any other matter of conscience for themselves. There must have been other bakeries which would have made this cake and one wonders if this was contrived in an attempt to drive Christians from the market place. If people contrive to make trouble for Christians when does it become harassment? Gay people see their identity as flowing from their sexuality and Christians see their identity as flowing from their commitment to Jesus Christ. I realize that not all Christians are in agreement on Biblical interpretations of homosexuality, but for those of us who do hold the conservative interpretation, why should our Christian identity be seen as less then a gay identity. For the record I support the right of gay people to get married but I do not support gay marriage. In other words I think gays should be able to marry if that is their choice, but if asked my opinion as to whether or not a gay person should marry then I would say 'no'
      Where is the tolerance from the left?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by seer View Post
        Where is the tolerance from the left?
        You are joking right? Tolerance - left?
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          You are joking right? Tolerance - left?
          But haven't they been demanding tolerance for 50 plus years from the rest of us? You are not suggesting that they are hypocrites are you?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Abigail View Post
            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ommission.html

            The way I see this is that this bakery haven't discriminated against gay people if they would have done same thing on any other matter of conscience for themselves. There must have been other bakeries which would have made this cake and one wonders if this was contrived in an attempt to drive Christians from the market place.
            Do you know if they sent the order knowing that the bakery was owned by a Christian, or if they simply asked for one and were taken aback when the owner refused?

            If people contrive to make trouble for Christians when does it become harassment? Gay people see their identity as flowing from their sexuality and Christians see their identity as flowing from their commitment to Jesus Christ.
            The two are not mutually exclusive.

            I realize that not all Christians are in agreement on Biblical interpretations of homosexuality, but for those of us who do hold the conservative interpretation, why should our Christian identity be seen as less then a gay identity. For the record I support the right of gay people to get married but I do not support gay marriage. In other words I think gays should be able to marry if that is their choice, but if asked my opinion as to whether or not a gay person should marry then I would say 'no'
            I think they ought to fulfill the message on the cake and support gay marriage, but I wouldn't want them to be required to bake a cake with that specific message on it if they truly believed it was against their religion. Refusing to bake a mere cake for a gay wedding is silly and discriminatory, but I can understand the objection if the order was to print a specific message on the cake.

            That said, I do wish that certain posters in this thread would actually get to discussing the issues rather than merely throwing out insults about people with whom they disagree. Makes me suspect that they're motivated more by dislike for a group of people than concern for professed moral ideals.
            Last edited by fm93; 11-06-2014, 05:34 PM.
            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

            I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

            Comment


            • #7
              Yawn ... Didn't we discuss this to death a few years ago? How about we find something new to whine about?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                Yawn ... Didn't we discuss this to death a few years ago? How about we find something new to whine about?
                Time is a flat circle.
                Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

                I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

                Comment


                • #9
                  Apparently.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                    Time is a flat circle.

                    It's more like a ball.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

                      It's more like a ball.
                      That's a mistranslation. Everyone knows that. Eat some rainbow cake.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                        Time is a flat circle.
                        linear time.jpg
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The Children's Television Workshop should sue.

                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                          "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                          My Personal Blog

                          My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                            That's a mistranslation. Everyone knows that. Eat some rainbow cake.
                            I think I will take the word of Dr. Who when it comes to time over your own.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                              That's a mistranslation. Everyone knows that. Eat some rainbow cake.
                              Speaking of which, type in "australia rainbow cake" on Google. (I can't directly link to it here due to profanity.) Click on the result that says "Rainbow-Cake Recipe Inspires Comment Apocalypse." It is a truly remarkable display of Internet commenting. The political battles are, amazingly, even worse than the ones on this website.
                              Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

                              I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Ronson, Yesterday, 10:59 PM
                              11 responses
                              41 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by seer, Yesterday, 02:50 PM
                              12 responses
                              68 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post thormas
                              by thormas
                               
                              Started by rogue06, Yesterday, 02:18 PM
                              3 responses
                              41 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Whateverman, 10-21-2020, 07:17 PM
                              58 responses
                              265 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Whateverman, 10-21-2020, 04:39 PM
                              3 responses
                              40 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Whateverman  
                              Working...
                              X