Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

WOOOOO POLITICS(not)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOOOOO POLITICS(not)

Well turned 18 in September so I can now vote my first chance to do so was today which our teacher encouraged us to do(and none of us did).

Anyways I lost a thread a long time ago that we had on me "choosing" a party and such.
    So yeah, any help would be appreciated.
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Vote for the Whig Party candidate, obviously.
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Throw the bums out!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Throw the bums out!
        Amen!
        3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

When I was 4 or 5 I thought I should be a Democrat because my name starts with D.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Pirate Party.

Seriously.
            "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
            -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            I support the :
            sigpic

Comment

I wish I could say, ignore the pols. Unfortunately, you have to be wary of their antics.
              The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Generally I would say ignore the party and vote for the person (or in some cases against the person).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Tea Party.

Though I am a Libertarian.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Isn't there some survey I could take or something that'll determine my views and such?
                    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Write in Cthulhu. I mean, hey... why vote for a LESSER Evil?
                      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Ah, I think you DID post about survey results pre-crash. (Mumbles "now what was that name again?")
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Don't worry about surveys, study the issues.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            Don't worry about surveys, study the issues.
                            But the survey did include the issues

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                              But the survey did include the issues
                              Not the same at all. Study the issues, the candidates and the party platforms. Then decide.

Comment