Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Black Men Speak Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Men Speak Out!

Interesting...

Last edited by Raphael; 10-28-2014, 03:27 PM. Reason: embedded video
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Amen
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Obviously Uncle Toms

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Obviously Uncle Toms

Obviously
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They may have some valid points against the Democratic Party, but they also didn't explicitly endorse the Republican Party. Saying that the Democratic Party is flawed is hardly the same thing as saying the Republican Party should be supported.

Additionally, I'm more than a bit perturbed at how certain users seem so cavalier to black interests but all of a sudden heartily support black people once they start criticizing the users' political opponent.
          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
            They may have some valid points against the Democratic Party,
            Absolutely!

but they also didn't explicitly endorse the Republican Party.
            So?

Saying that the Democratic Party is flawed is hardly the same thing as saying the Republican Party should be supported.
            Yeah, we know.

Additionally, I'm more than a bit perturbed at how certain users seem so cavalier to black interests but all of a sudden heartily support black people once they start criticizing the users' political opponent.
            I work with black people all the time. In a few minutes, I'll be teaching my "Jobs for Life" class which is composed of 90% blacks.

Anything else?

Comment

Could you give an example?
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                So?
                So in case seer tries to use this to serve his own agenda, I have a pre-empted response ready.

I work with black people all the time. In a few minutes, I'll be teaching my "Jobs for Life" class which is composed of 90% blacks.

Anything else?
                I wasn't referring to you.
                Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

Comment

So in case seer tries to use this to serve his own agenda, I have a pre-empted response ready.
                  Ah

I wasn't referring to you.
                  Then don't hide behind "certain users".

Comment

They may have some valid points against the Democratic Party
                    SURE they do -- they're realizing that the Democrats have just been poverty pimps keeping them "on the plantation", so to speak, just ASSUMING they have the black vote. These guys say "we're not that stupid". Without the black vote, the Democrats can't win. Which is why the Democrats keep PANDERING to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      Could you give an example?
                      Dismissing black authors who explain why there exists a culture of mistrust towards the police by instead baselessly asserting that it's due entirely to a lack of fathers.
                      http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-With-His-Head!

Ignoring the specific concern that many black people have with the police systems by using a red herring:
                      http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...e-Real-Problem

Definitively asserting that voter ID laws don't discriminate against African-Americans while not even understanding why some people believe that they do. (Again, I'm not saying that they are, but he didn't even know what the argument was.)
                      http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...Are-Not-Racist

And, of course, explicitly admitting to believing that the white race is superior:
                      http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-And-I-m-Proud

Comment

SURE they do -- they're realizing that the Democrats have just been poverty pimps keeping them "on the plantation", so to speak, just ASSUMING they have the black vote. These guys say "we're not that stupid". Without the black vote, the Democrats can't win. Which is why the Democrats keep PANDERING to them.
                        I've been hearing very similar complaints coming out of Missouri and Louisiana this election cycle and in the latter location echoes of how Sen. Mary Landrieu only shows up in black communities when she is up for reelection to make all sorts of promises and then disappears until the next cycle

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

SURE they do -- they're realizing that the Democrats have just been poverty pimps keeping them "on the plantation", so to speak, just ASSUMING they have the black vote.
                          I think that's an extreme assessment, but I do think you're correct in that some have basically assumed that black men will automatically vote for them, which is a narrow-minded, dangerous and unfair assumption to make.

These guys say "we're not that stupid". Without the black vote, the Democrats can't win. Which is why the Democrats keep PANDERING to them.
                          I agree that Biden's "they'll put you back in chains" quote seemed like direct, desperate, sleazy pandering.

Comment

I think that's an extreme assessment,
                            What's extreme about it? Do you EVER see Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton jumping in on anything EXCEPT race baiting situations?

but I do think you're correct in that some have basically assumed that black men will automatically vote for them, which is a narrow-minded, dangerous and unfair assumption to make.
                            But it has worked for SO LONG!

I agree that Biden's "they'll put you back in chains" quote seemed like direct, desperate, sleazy pandering.
                            he's not alone --- they bring up images of the black guy up in Jacksonville who was dragged behind the truck, they imply Republicans will put them back in chains... SHAMELESS pandering.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I've been hearing very similar complaints coming out of Missouri and Louisiana this election cycle and in the latter location echoes of how Sen. Mary Landrieu only shows up in black communities when she is up for reelection to make all sorts of promises and then disappears until the next cycle
                              Remember Hillary's pandering with the "black voice"?

Comment