Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Black Men Speak Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    never saw that one. but you think Avatar and the last Airbender were true stories.
    You are either unintentionally or intentionally misreading what I wrote. Here it is again, with emphasis: "the goal is telling a true story with style or appealing to fans/getting the material a wider audience, respectively."

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      No, I did not say that they are lying, what I said is to consider the source. What I said is that they are either paid political hacks, i.e. lying in a right wing propagandist produced video, or, and "or" is the operative word, they are ignorant as to the political truth.
      My issue is that this should be a categorical consideration for every conservative propaganda, commercial, public service, documentary, or informational video. The source, actors, participants, etc. shouldn't be a concern. Regardless of whether or not this is a ploy by politicians to get more votes, there's no reason to assume the participants aren't sincere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
        You are either unintentionally or intentionally misreading what I wrote. Here it is again, with emphasis: "the goal is telling a true story with style or appealing to fans/getting the material a wider audience, respectively."

I quoted you in context and you even went on to defend what you said. If you didn't mean what you wrote, perhaps you should work on your grammar a bit more.

"There's certainly value in telling a story in a new way. The problem is when you have movies like 21 or Avatar the Last Airbender where the goal is telling a true story with style or appealing to fans/getting the material a wider audience, respectively." - PM

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          One of the reason blacks are speaking out is because blacks, according to many blacks themselves, are worse off under Obama. Not just a little, but a lot... (bolding mine)

Source: BlackQuillAndInk.com

So, according to the script of this political culture, election of a black man as president meant more than an end to racism. The conclusion had to be that if the man holding the highest political office in the nation was black, it must follow that blacks would be better off.

Now blacks have a dilemma. We have a black president, and blacks are worse off. Not just a little, but a lot worse off.

In the words of longtime Congressional Black Caucus member Maxine Waters, D-Calif., “Our people are hurtin’.”

Blacks now grapple with two possible conclusions.

One, our black president is a traitor to his race. Our struggles put him in power and now he’s not taking care of his folks. He’s become, in the words of left-wing professor and activist Cornel West, a “mascot” of Wall Street.

Or, two, that the man’s performance reflects his views and his capability, not his race. He’s not delivering for anyone. Blacks are hurting more because they were already in worse shape when Obama got elected. Bad policies hurt the weakest the most.

And it happens that the bad policies that have always failed are the big government liberalism that has defined modern black politics.

© Copyright Original Source

- See more at: http://blackquillandink.com/?page_id....HgJWS1g9.dpuf
          come on CP you know that the useful idiots like JImL will only say that Star Parker is a traitor or very uniformed stop confusing them with the facts that contradict the talking points from their Masters they don't' want to hear them.
          Last edited by RumTumTugger; 11-03-2014, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I quoted you in context and you even went on to defend what you said. If you didn't mean what you wrote, perhaps you should work on your grammar a bit more.

"There's certainly value in telling a story in a new way. The problem is when you have movies like 21 or Avatar the Last Airbender where the goal is telling a true story with style or appealing to fans/getting the material a wider audience, respectively." - PM
            As it is not clear to you, I will go into excruciating detail on why you are wrong. I will use quotes and bold type to separate statements since this appears to be a particular difficulty of yours.

This is my sentence:
            The problem is when you have movies like 21 or Avatar the Last Airbender where the goal is telling a true story with style or appealing to fans/getting the material a wider audience, respectively.

I mentioned two movies: 21 and Avatar:TLA. I mentioned two goals: "telling a true story with style" and "appealing to fans/getting the material to a wider audience". I used the word "respectively" to show that those two goals correspond to the movies I mentioned earlier. They correspond in the order mentioned. 21 corresponds with "telling a true story with style". Avatar:TLA corresponds with "appealing to fans/getting the material to a wider audience". Therefore, as per the grammar of the English language, I was not calling Avatar a true event.

Comment