Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Businesses Don't Create Jobs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Businesses Don't Create Jobs!

OK, it's from Breitbart, so liberals, please pitch your obligatory hissies...

But it's VIDEO of Hillary saying something stupid.

NATURALLY, it's "out of context, right?

Source: Breitbart

“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs,” Clinton said.

“You know that old theory, ‘trickle-down economics,’” she continued. “That has been tried, that has failed. It has failed rather spectacularly.”

“You know, one of the things my husband says when people say ‘Well, what did you bring to Washington,’ he said, ‘Well, I brought arithmetic,’” Clinton said, which elicited loud laughs from the crowd.

© Copyright Original Source

So, what's she saying?
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 10-26-2014, 05:19 PM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I tried to creat something once. It didn't work out so well.

But this:

“You know that old theory, ‘trickle-down economics,’” she continued. “That has been tried, that has failed. It has failed rather spectacularly.”
    I find myself in ever-closer agreement with that sentiment.
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
      I tried to creat something once. It didn't work out so well.
      You left out the "e" - that's why it didn't work.

But this:
      I find myself in ever-closer agreement with that sentiment.
      Next, you're going to tell me you're a Catholic.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Businesses manage the flow of information to make sure supply meets demand. Businesses make employment more effective and efficient, but it's the demand (when recognized), not the business itself, that creates jobs.

Or something like that. The above statement is the malformed illegitimate child of a strange and incomplete understanding of Austrian economics and an only marginally more-developed understanding of Catholic labor theory.
        Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Businesses manage the flow of information to make sure supply meets demand. Businesses make employment more effective and efficient, but it's the demand (when recognized), not the business itself, that creates jobs.
          Spart.... a "business" is not a thing - it's people. And it's actually PEOPLE who hire other PEOPLE, and you can fancyschmacy it up all you want, but as the PEOPLE who run the business grow the business, they, at some point (or points) need more PEOPLE.

That's how jobs are created. I've been there, done that.

Comment

CP. Would you like me to change the title of this thread for you?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Laughing. I DONE it again!

OK..... Spart got me!

I'm gonna go and hang my head in shame, and ... um.....

gosh

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  OK, it's from Breitbart, so liberals, please pitch your obligatory hissies...

But it's VIDEO of Hillary saying something stupid.

NATURALLY, it's "out of context, right?

Source: Breitbart

“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs,” Clinton said.

“You know, one of the things my husband says when people say ‘Well, what did you bring to Washington,’ he said, ‘Well, I brought arithmetic,’” Clinton said, which elicited loud laughs from the crowd.

© Copyright Original Source

So, what's she saying?
                  Is this the same Breitbart that gave credence to the Gamergate accusation that all gaming journalist collude and hence are corrupt?
                  "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                  -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  I support the :
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                    Is this the same Breitbart that gave credence to the Gamergate accusation that all gaming journalist collude and hence are corrupt?
                    I have no idea, but it doesn't change what Hillary actually said.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Spart amen'd your post, Moss --- that means he's SEEN it! He will be UNBEARABL

Comment

Or something like that. The above statement is the malformed illegitimate child of a strange and incomplete understanding of Austrian economics and an only marginally more-developed understanding of Catholic labor theory.
                        Starting a business does not mean there is already high demand. Besides some businesses still continue even at a lose because of owners hope that someday demand will increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinoy View Post
                          Starting a business does not mean there is already high demand. Besides some businesses still continue even at a lose because of owners hope that someday demand will increase.
                          Yeah, and sometimes it eventually pays off.... sometimes the proprietor loses his shirt. For that RISK, he should be allowed to actually keep some profit, should there be any.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Laughing. I DONE it again!

OK..... Spart got me!

I'm gonna go and hang my head in shame, and ... um.....

gosh
                            Their, there, they're. Spelling Nazi hoisted by his own petard.

I guess Hillary is having her "they didn't build that" moment.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Their, there, they're. Spelling Nazi hoisted by his own petard.

I guess Hillary is having her "they didn't build that" moment.
                              EGGzackly.

Comment