Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Businesses Don't Create Jobs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    OK, it's from Breitbart, so liberals, please pitch your obligatory hissies...

But it's VIDEO of Hillary saying something stupid.

NATURALLY, it's "out of context, right?

Source: Breitbart

“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs,” Clinton said.

“You know that old theory, ‘trickle-down economics,’” she continued. “That has been tried, that has failed. It has failed rather spectacularly.”

“You know, one of the things my husband says when people say ‘Well, what did you bring to Washington,’ he said, ‘Well, I brought arithmetic,’” Clinton said, which elicited loud laughs from the crowd.

© Copyright Original Source

So, what's she saying?
    Who on earth thinks this woman has any ability to govern a nation. I mean she only made her name on the coat tails of her husband.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Who on earth thinks this woman has any ability to govern a nation. I mean she only made her name on the coat tails of her husband.
      Low information voters.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Remember when her primary campaign attacked Obama's inexperience?
        Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
          Remember when her primary campaign attacked Obama's inexperience?
          Yeah, but she excused her husband's own "experience" with "bimbos", because it served her purpose, too.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

... NATURALLY, it's "out of context, right?
            Hard to say, unless you can produce the actual context. The immediately following sentence is about trickle-down or supply side economics, so maybe the larger context is tax policy. Maybe she wants to tie tax cuts to domestic job creation (as I would recommend) rather than just assuming that tax cuts will automatically produce more jobs instead of merely greater profits. Or perhaps this is just a typical crowd-pleasing campaign appearance that does not lend itself to any subtlety.
            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
              Hard to say, unless you can produce the actual context. The immediately following sentence is about trickle-down or supply side economics, so maybe the larger context is tax policy. Maybe she wants to tie tax cuts to domestic job creation (as I would recommend) rather than just assuming that tax cuts will automatically produce more jobs instead of merely greater profits. Or perhaps this is just a typical crowd-pleasing campaign appearance that does not lend itself to any subtlety.
              Your last sentence --- THAT!

Comment

Your last sentence --- THAT!
                Oh, so exactly the same as every Republican political speech.

Comment

Not exactly, but pretty much, yeah.

Comment

Well Republicans are only very slightly better than Democrats. So yeah.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

fify

Republicans, Democrats...I'm increasingly seeing less of a meaningful difference.
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        fify

Republicans, Democrats...I'm increasingly seeing less of a meaningful difference.
                        "Vote for me -- I wanna retire FILTHY RICH!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          Well Republicans are only very slightly better than Democrats. So yeah.
                          I used to believe that, back in 1980, when Republicans said they would appoint Supreme Court justices who would reverse Roe v Wade, pass a constitutional amendment to protect the life of the unborn, etc. After a year or two, it was clear that they were merely lying to get votes.

Comment

Everyone knows only the government can create jobs. And pay people not to work at them.

I think I will go not grow some corn this year and make a bundle.

Comment

Yeah, I am already not raising pigs and not raising corn not to feed them.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                                Yeah, I am already not raising pigs and not raising corn not to feed them.
                                I hope the government starts paying me $15/hour to not flip burgers.

Comment