Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Voter Fraud, Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    "Awfully concerned"?

Another steaming pile of horsie poo. I am ALL FOR making sure that every potential legitimate voter can vote, and that every effort be made to make sure that can happen, INCLUDING providing the proper ID at no charge to them if that's a problem for them. Rogue has mentioned this numerous times.

Your goofy comment that this doesn't "faze me in the least" is... well... GOOFY and flat out false.

You're really sounding like JimL here ---- assuming goofy stuff, then snitting about it. MANY of us who want voter ID are totally in favor making sure that those who should be legally entitled to vote are not kept from doing so.
    And yet you have no concrete evidence of voter impersonation on a significant scale. You certainly don't have evidence that Voter ID laws will protect anywhere close to as many people as they disenfranchise. So, yes, I find a certain lack of concern about the many more people negatively affected by Voter ID to be concerning. Your desire for a truly free identification program has not been reflected in your arguments thus far, where you've argued against my repeated arguments that the actual cost of obtaining valid ID in many strict Voter ID states makes for bad and damaging laws.

If you agree that disenfranchisement of voters is a real problem that requires a system offering truly free identification then you necessarily are arguing that these most of these laws are poorly designed, create disenfranchised voters and need to be shelved until they no longer unnecessarily disenfranchise voters — either by ensuring access to free identification or being repealed outright.
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
      And yet you have no concrete evidence of voter impersonation on a significant scale.
      Ah, now it's a "significant scale"! You are a riot!

Have you ever had Frito Pie, Sam? We're having that for supper. Yummy!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Ah, now it's a "significant scale"! You are a riot!

Have you ever had Frito Pie, Sam? We're having that for supper. Yummy!
        You'll find, looking back, that not only have I always qualified the lack of voter impersonation with the "significant" qualifier but I've also repeatedly noted the estimated prevalence of in-person voter fraud in general elections to be ~0.000012% — something like 10 confirmed instances in the last 14 years. You're just not reading very carefully if you've consistently missed that qualifier. The job of Voter ID supporters has never been to find and showcase -just one case- to win; the job has always been to show that Voter ID protects more votes than it disenfranchises. To that end, supporters continue to fail.

I have to admit that I have never had Frito Pie. It does sound delicious.
        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• http://www.electionintegritywatch.co.../news-stories/

10.06.2014 – CT State Representative Arrested on 19 Voter Fraud Charges

9.20.2014 – Wanamingo MN Township Supervisor Burned Ballots in his back Yard

09.12.2014 – CA Senator gets jail time in Voter Fraud Case

07.01.2014 – Voter Registration Fraud Alleged in Minneapolis, MN – Over 140 registered at Mail Center

06.23.2014 – Shorewood WI Man Charged with 13 Counts of Voter Fraud

05.09.2014 – 3 Women Charged on 56 Counts of falsifying Ballots in Texas Municipal Election

04.03.2014 – Texas Woman gets 6 Months for Voting 5 times under Different Names in 2012 Runoff Election

04.02.2014 – North Carolina Officials Identify up to 35,000 cases of Double Voting on Initial Review

03.11.2014 – New Jersey Judge Charged with 2 Counts of Voter Fraud

03.11.2014 – Mummified Detroit Woman voted 2 years after Dying

02.24.2014 – 80 more Voting cases sent to Iowa Prosecutors

02.22.2014 – PA: Philly Election Board Worker Arrested for Voter Fraud

02.13.2014 – KY – Vote-Buyers Convicted in 2006 Allowed to run for Office Again (‘Bought’ voters were accompanied into booths and told who to vote for)

===
          and a lot more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            http://www.electionintegritywatch.co.../news-stories/

10.06.2014 – CT State Representative Arrested on 19 Voter Fraud Charges

9.20.2014 – Wanamingo MN Township Supervisor Burned Ballots in his back Yard

09.12.2014 – CA Senator gets jail time in Voter Fraud Case

07.01.2014 – Voter Registration Fraud Alleged in Minneapolis, MN – Over 140 registered at Mail Center

06.23.2014 – Shorewood WI Man Charged with 13 Counts of Voter Fraud

05.09.2014 – 3 Women Charged on 56 Counts of falsifying Ballots in Texas Municipal Election

04.03.2014 – Texas Woman gets 6 Months for Voting 5 times under Different Names in 2012 Runoff Election

04.02.2014 – North Carolina Officials Identify up to 35,000 cases of Double Voting on Initial Review

03.11.2014 – New Jersey Judge Charged with 2 Counts of Voter Fraud

03.11.2014 – Mummified Detroit Woman voted 2 years after Dying

02.24.2014 – 80 more Voting cases sent to Iowa Prosecutors

02.22.2014 – PA: Philly Election Board Worker Arrested for Voter Fraud

02.13.2014 – KY – Vote-Buyers Convicted in 2006 Allowed to run for Office Again (‘Bought’ voters were accompanied into booths and told who to vote for)

===
            and a lot more.

Pshaw!!!!! Insignificant!

And pay NO ATTENTION to the man behind the curtain! (who happens to be voting illegally)
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• It seems that people like Sam who think that ID's should not be required for voter verification are basically saying that the people without ID's are too stupid to get an ID.

Getting an ID is no harder than going to a voting poll in the first place. People too stupid to get a valid ID would be too stupid to figure out how to vote in the first place.

Comment

and a lot more.
                These are only the ones done so stupidly that they were discovered.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

It seems that people like Sam who think that ID's should not be required for voter verification are basically saying that the people without ID's are too stupid to get an ID.

Getting an ID is no harder than going to a voting poll in the first place. People too stupid to get a valid ID would be too stupid to figure out how to vote in the first place.
                  Required intelligence has never been a part of my argument. Though it does appear to be an implicit part of your own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Required intelligence has never been a part of my argument.
                    That's pretty obvious.

(never toss out a straight line like that!)

Comment