Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Ebola case springs up in New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ebola case springs up in New York

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-p...ry?id=26406430

The doctor, Craig Spencer, was rushed to Bellevue Hospital on Thursday and placed in isolation while health care workers spread out across the city to trace anyone he might have come into contact with in recent days. A further test will be conducted by the federal Centers for Disease Control to confirm the initial test.

While officials have said they expected isolated cases of the disease to arrive in New York eventually, and had been preparing for this moment for months, the first case highlighted the challenges surrounding containment of the virus, especially in a crowded metropolis.

Even as the authorities worked to confirm that Mr. Spencer was infected with Ebola, it emerged that he traveled from Manhattan to Brooklyn on the subway on Wednesday night, when he went to a bowling alley and then took a taxi home.

The next morning, he reported having a temperature of 103 degrees, raising questions about his health while he was out in public.
    Thank God it wasn't a more conservative area this time.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

I'm pretty sure the virus isn't concerned with political affiliation...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

You would think a doctor would self-quarantine after returning from a trip to treat Ebola patients.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        I'm pretty sure the virus isn't concerned with political affiliation...
        True true, but Darth Executor was making reference of how of all the selectable places of the U.S.A. , it is a boon that it occurred in one of the bastions of US liberal leanings.
        Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
        As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

If we're thinking of least-damaging places for it to land, one would think a less populated area would be most ideal.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post
            True true, but Darth Executor was making reference of how of all the selectable places of the U.S.A. , it is a boon that it occurred in one of the bastions of US liberal leanings.
            And he's wrong to do so.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post

You would think a doctor would self-quarantine after returning from a trip to treat Ebola patients.
              I said something like this earlier on fb.

There are a lot of really evil people out there who do a lot of really horrible things, but it's the stupid people who are going to get us all killed.

Comment

And they are saying "there is no reason to be alarmed"

Translation: "Oh crap. head for the hills"

Makes you wonder, they say Ebola is so hard to catch and spread, and if that is so, then how is it that doctors and nurses are catching it? They are supposed to know what they are doing and taking precautions. If they are catching it, then how do they suppose there is no reason to be alarmed when they are running around in public where everyone else is unprotected?

Comment

I don't much care for New York City liberals, but the thought of quarantine of the entire city terrifies me. Huge blow to world commerce.
                  The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                    I don't much care for New York City liberals, but the thought of quarantine of the entire city terrifies me. Huge blow to world commerce.
                    New York City is not 100% liberal.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

And he's wrong to do so.
                      Why? They're the ones screaming rayciss when it comes to stopping commercial flights to those areas, let them take it on the chin first.
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

New York being the hub that it is, this could have wide-reaching effects. Reminds me of the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes movie where SPOILER ALERT, the neighbor of Caesar gets infected and because he's a pilot, infects people at the airport, who then take it all over the world.

That's just fiction, just entertainment. But it's a possibility that's coming slowly now, but soon could get worse and worse as it has in Liberia, Guinea, and Sierra Leone. I think as we focus on the one guy in NYC, we need to not forget the over 3000 that have already died and almost 5000 cases.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          Why? They're the ones screaming rayciss when it comes to stopping commercial flights to those areas, let them take it on the chin first.
                          Because God loves them, too - grace is both truly incredible and sometimes truly baffling, but He does.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Because God loves them, too - grace is both truly incredible and sometimes truly baffling, but He does.
                            Umm, ok. I don't see what that has to do with my comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              And they are saying "there is no reason to be alarmed"

Translation: "Oh crap. head for the hills"

Makes you wonder, they say Ebola is so hard to catch and spread, and if that is so, then how is it that doctors and nurses are catching it? They are supposed to know what they are doing and taking precautions. If they are catching it, then how do they suppose there is no reason to be alarmed when they are running around in public where everyone else is unprotected?
                              Thomas Duncan, the first case to be diagnosed in the U.S. lived in close contact with his family of 4 in Dallas for a week or so and no one in that home was infected. Thousands of people, in this country alone, die from the flu every year and no one is saying "Oh crap. Head for the hills." Also every case in this country that has been reported, and delt with in a timely fashion to this point has been successfully treated. Don't let the politicians stoke your fears for political reasons.

Comment