Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Ebola case springs up in New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Thomas Duncan, the first case to be diagnosed in the U.S. lived in close contact with his family of 4 in Dallas for a week or so and no one in that home was infected. Thousands of people, in this country alone, die from the flu every year and no one is saying "Oh crap. Head for the hills." Also every case in this country that has been reported, and delt with in a timely fashion to this point has been successfully treated. Don't let the politicians stoke your fears for political reasons.

I am not worried. I just think a doctor would take better care of exposure, and would also be careful of being in public after being in an infected area. Stupidity. If things go wonky, it will be stupidity that does us in.

Comment

Dr. David Eifrig says, "[Nigeria and Senegal] have been declared Ebola-free in recent weeks." If those countries--in Africa of all places--can cope, then so can the USA keep Ebola from going epidemic here, I guess.
      The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        Umm, ok. I don't see what that has to do with my comment.
        Remember the part where the disciples want to call down fire on a particularly recalcitrant village? Same principle.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Remember the part where the disciples want to call down fire on a particularly recalcitrant village? Same principle.
          Not really. The fire would have been an additional set of troubles, whereas I'm saying that if trouble is gonna hit it should hit the people who contributed to it.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            Not really. The fire would have been an additional set of troubles, whereas I'm saying that if trouble is gonna hit it should hit the people who contributed to it.
            That's not exactly how your comment comes off. But okay.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment