Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Just in case anybody cares........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in case anybody cares........

http://globalnews.ca/news/1628313/sh...-says-witness/

I don't know if this is the right place for this or not. Couldn't think of anywhere else.

This just doesn't happen in Canada........until now.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I don't know if this is the right place for this or not. Couldn't think of anywhere else.

Was about the only story on CNN and Fox at the restaurant I had lunch at today.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Was about the only story on CNN and Fox at the restaurant I had lunch at today.
      Glad to know somebody outside the country was paying attention.

Sometimes I feel as if nobody cares about any country other than their own.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

My first thought was for you and The Girl and "the kids".
        Last edited by mossrose; 05-18-2022, 02:24 PM.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Thanks, Bill.

It still feels very far away from us, but it does bring the realization home that we are not immune from the war on terror.

Comment

We care!
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

At least your leader has the fortitude to call a spade a spade. Can we trade? We'll throw in the Left Coast for free.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I did find it a bit annoying how CNN's main headline was that they shut down the Canadian embassy in DC. At that point, it hadn't been established whether there were more shooters still on the loose/whether they had everybody, and I thought it was appropriate to keep the focus in Ottawa.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    At least your leader has the fortitude to call a spade a spade. Can we trade? We'll throw in the Left Coast for free.
                    He does do that, and I am glad.

And we have our own left coast, thanks. Don't need another one.

Comment

At least your leader has the fortitude to call a spade a spade.
                      Yeah. No pretending it was merely some case of "workplace violence" like what the Administration called Nidal Malik Hasan's killing 13 and wounding over 30 others at Fort Hood.

And the shooting on Ottawa wasn't the first attack. An ISIS-member wannabe Martin Rouleau-Couture who had been stopped in June trying to fly to Turkey so he could join the group, used a car to run over two soldiers in Quebec killing one on the 21st. He was shot and killed when he flipped the car in a ditch and came out brandishing a knife.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Yeah. No pretending it was merely some case of "workplace violence" like what the Administration called Nidal Malik Hasan's killing 13 and wounding over 30 others at Fort Hood.

And the shooting on Ottawa wasn't the first attack. An ISIS-member wannabe Martin Rouleau-Couture who had been stopped in June trying to fly to Turkey so he could join the group, used a car to run over two soldiers in Quebec killing one on the 21st. He was shot and killed when he flipped the car in a ditch and came out brandishing a knife.
                        That's right. But it was not played in the news as much here as today's incident was.

Comment

We do care, and with the Aussies having just dealt with a similar thing (they caught the blighters before they could go ahead with their plot to behead a random person in central Sydney) we're rather worried that there will be similar things happening here. ISIS are agitating for an all out international religious global war.
                          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                            We do care, and with the Aussies having just dealt with a similar thing (they caught the blighters before they could go ahead with their plot to behead a random person in central Sydney) we're rather worried that there will be similar things happening here. ISIS are agitating for an all out international religious global war.
                            There are no civilians in the dar al-harb.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Well their leader is not trying to weaken or destroy Canada. It does not take fortitude just honesty.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment