Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Just in case anybody cares........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just heard that Cpl. Cirillo was a reservist, not even a full-time soldier yet.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I just heard that Cpl. Cirillo was a reservist, not even a full-time soldier yet.

And, if your guards of the tomb of the unknown are anything like ours, he studied hard and CHOSE to be where he served as an incredibly honorable and noble thing to do. Nobody can just "volunteer", "hey, I'll stand watch tomorrow".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        And, if your guards of the tomb of the unknown are anything like ours, he studied hard and CHOSE to be where he served as an incredibly honorable and noble thing to do. Nobody can just "volunteer", "hey, I'll stand watch tomorrow".
        Yes. His desire was to become a full time soldier to serve our country.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I haven't heard from him in ages. As far as I know he is in Halifax, and don't know what is happening there. I imagine security there is tighter anyway because a large part of the Navy is situated there. Like me, a long way from Ottawa.
          Ah, okay. Last I heard he was still in the military so I was wondering.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Ah, okay. Last I heard he was still in the military so I was wondering.

I forgot he was in the military.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              I know it's been a long time but is anyone in touch with Tuck?
              The email address I found for him is no longer active.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

This is one of those cases where we never IMAGINED we'd have to think of "security*" at a place of honor like that. The world is changing SO much. Is it true that Canadian soldiers have been advised to wear civilian clothes to and from work?

(that invokes sad memories of Vietnam soldiers being advised to change into civies before coming home, so they wouldn't get spit on, shouted at, or beaten)

*other than, of course, the appearance of security for order - not for fighting off terrorists
                  The very first news report I heard (on the radio headed for lunch) mentioned that

Source: Following Parliament Hill attack, Canada's military told to stay out of uniform in public

An attack on a uniformed member of the Canadian military in downtown Ottawa on Wednesday should give us all pause. This soldier was killed while standing guard outside Ottawa's National War Memorial, dressed in a uniform that is meant to signify Canada’s commitment to freedom.

Military bases across the country were placed on high alert following the attack in downtown Ottawa, the second attack in three days targeting uniformed members of the Canadian military.

And amid those increased tensions and the apparent increase in threat against those proudly serving in military uniforms, some soldiers are being warned to limit wearing those outfits to official duties.
                  Following the the shooting death of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo on Wednesday and the death of Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Que., on Monday, some military officials are warning soldiers to stay out of uniform whenever they are off duty.

CBC Montreal reports that an email was sent to local military personnel telling them to only wear their military uniforms when on base or while travelling to their homes. In all other cases, they should stay out of their gear. Another email to student soldiers warned them not to wear their uniforms at any time.

New Glasgow News similarly reported on Wednesday that Rear Admiral John Newton, Commander of Maritimes Forces Atlantic released a message to personnel, reading:

In light of the current situation happening in Ottawa, [Newton] has asked all personnel remain in their respective buildings for the time being and restrict movement in uniform in public as much as possible.

Lewis MacKenzie, retired Major General of the Canadian Armed Forces, says it would be very difficult for a military serviceperson to lay down their uniforms in a time like this.

"As far as enhancing the protection of military members, I can understand the direction regarding the wearing of uniforms, when and where," MacKenzie told CBC News.

"I would only suggest that the military doesn’t make requests. It gives directions. Direction has been given, to the best of my knowledge, that uniforms will not be worn in certain situations off base. From a force protection point of view … that makes sense."

*Story continues*

Source

© Copyright Original Source

It is really a sad state of affairs when a serviceman cannot wear his/her uniform in their own country

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    The very first news report I heard (on the radio headed for lunch) mentioned that
                    Political Correctness is taking its toll.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

00000warmem.jpg

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

x
                      Last edited by rogue06; 10-23-2014, 01:27 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So we remove the uniform that is meant to signify our commitment to freedom?

Who the heck thought that one up??

Comment

So we remove the uniform that is meant to signify our commitment to freedom?

Who the heck thought that one up??
                          It is the consequences of bowing to Political Correctness in not being able to stand up to the haters because they're Muslims. You have to be NICE to the Muslims, after all, the vast majority of them are peaceful. Unfortunately, it wasn't a "peaceful" one who encountered and murdered the Corporal.

Comment

I would LOVE to hear our national leader and know in my heart he was genuine.
                            He is genuine alright, but not in any way we can applaud.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                              He is genuine alright, but not in any way we can applaud.
                              Well, yeah, there's that... the cow plops on my property are genuine, after all.

Comment

Well, yeah, there's that... the cow plops on my property are genuine, after all.
                                Hey now. Fertilizer has its uses.
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment