Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Ferguson newsleaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Ferguson newsleaks

Report: Autopsy analysis shows Michael Brown may have gone for Darren Wilson’s gun

Official autopsy shows Michael Brown had close-range wound to his hand, marijuana in system

PDF: Autopsy report for Michael Brown

Interesting info for those interested in trying this in the press.

The more I read the more I'm convinced that this was a justified shooting. But that is not going to go over well with the protesters...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I get the impression, justified or not, that the protesters are trying to make this more about a systemic police thing. I would understand - it's always dangerous to tie a movement to one event where it's not entirely clear what happened yet.

If I had to guess, I would say it was a justified shooting; but at this point in time, so much has happened since that the original incident is really just the tip of the iceberg.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

interesting - kinda what I had been guessing all along, but couldn't support with fact.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

August 18, 2014....
          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Some of the reports say that this 6'4" 300lb man rushed the police car, and tried to slam the door on his legs and punched him. Do you know for a fact that this is NOT true? There were also reports that the man tried to grab the officer's gun.

Perhaps you are unaware of the fact that a police officer is justified in shooting in most states if he is reasonably in fear for his life, or the lives of others around him.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And this is why our system presumes innocence...
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

An acquaintance of mine who lives in a suburban county near St. Louis says that the protesters are showing up and accusing every white person who lives in that county of being there due to white flight.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                An acquaintance of mine who lives in a suburban county near St. Louis says that the protesters are showing up and accusing every white person who lives in that county of being there due to white flight.
                "You're just here from white flight."

"Oh, no, I moved here from 'jerk flight' - I didn't want to live near jerks like you."

<closes door>
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I get the impression, justified or not, that the protesters are trying to make this more about a systemic police thing. I would understand - it's always dangerous to tie a movement to one event where it's not entirely clear what happened yet.

If I had to guess, I would say it was a justified shooting; but at this point in time, so much has happened since that the original incident is really just the tip of the iceberg.
                  This seems to be a fair and accurate assessment, though I'm still hesitant to label any such deadly shooting "justified," regardless of the victim's intentions. "More understandable," yes. It seems that the protesters may have reacted prematurely [I was about to say "jumped the gun" before I realized that given the context it'd be a terrible choice of words], but the overall point of their movement isn't affected by the verdict of this particular case. There's still much work to be done from and between both sides before healing can begin.
                  Last edited by fm93; 10-22-2014, 11:40 AM.
                  Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

That's probably pretty accurate.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

The thing is, I see no good outcome here. If they railroad the cop that would be unjust, if he is not charged or found not guilty the town will explode.
                      Last edited by seer; 10-22-2014, 02:58 PM.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                        That's probably pretty accurate.
                        Yes, accurate and necessary. If you can escape bad schools and crime you owe it to your family to do it.

Comment

The implication being that nobody lived there prior to the 20th century?

Comment

I'll never understand why they lionized Michael Brown and not Eric Garner. Eric Garner was a better martyr.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              I'll never understand why they lionized Michael Brown and not Eric Garner. Eric Garner was a better martyr.
                              How? The cops didn't kill him, he had a heart attack, and the cops had a good reason to restrain him because he was resisting arrest. At least with Brown there was a bit of ambiguity as to whether he was innocent or not.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment