Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Utah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    What would a gun ban achieve?
    It would make those banning guns feel better.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      Out of curiosity, what makes someone a "gun crazy?"
      They support the Second Amendment.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        Just not this time.
        What, specifically, is she wrong about?
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          It's a relative term, Jesse.
          Sure is.

I would think a gun crazy was somebody who had a whole house full of them, including piles of high capacity magazines, and did a lot of unsafe shooting.
          So, not a gun crazy, for the purposes of this thread, anyway.

Some liberals would think I'm a gun crazy because I own less than a dozen hand guns and am a certified range safety officer.
          Some conservatives would call less than a dozen "crazy," too.

It's quite possible that YOU would think that was a "gun crazy", so, it's a fair question.
          Not so much. Everybody's going to have a different opinion about where to draw the line between daytime and nighttime, but once you hear someone saying they want to cause the biggest school shooting in history, reasonable folks will think there's not much debate as to whether we've spotted a gun crazy howling away in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            They support the Second Amendment.
            On an airplane.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
              Sure is.
              So, you use a very arbitrary term, then castigate people for not knowing what you meant, then admit it could mean pretty much anything depending on the person. Do you do this just for fun?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                So, you use a very arbitrary term, then castigate people for not knowing what you meant, then admit it could mean pretty much anything depending on the person.
                Your translator's on the blink again.

Do you do this just for fun?
                Yes, I posted that with the full expectation you wouldn't read it all the way to the end.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                  Your translator's on the blink again.
                  Nope, it's the broadcaster. My superheterodyne discriminator circuit filtered out the noise, and there wasn't anything left.

Yes, I posted that with the full expectation you wouldn't read it all the way to the end.
                  Had to hear yourself talk first, eh? Then FINALLY got around to something of a kinda sorta response -- -which you COULD have said WAY BACK WHEN PEOPLE WERE AXING you!!!!!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                    More difficult to get them past the requested metal detectors, however.
                    Not if you shoot whoever's manning them.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      Not if you shoot whoever's manning them.
                      Has this ever actually happened?
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        I believe it has, actually, and I'm thinking it was in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Trying to remember the details....

Comment

We are discussing hypotheticals since as far as I know we've never had someone threaten to shoot people at an event then go on to shoot people at said event either. I do know that metal detectors aren't all that useful:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Educati...etal-detectors
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

What, specifically, is she wrong about?
                            The comment was about a whole point of view. Claiming, effectively that one side was clearly right. I simply did not agree that anything was at all that clear.

Comment

Thinking about this from a distance, it's sad that something such as video games is promoting such visceral reactions/emotions, but that's naturally what you get when people spend nearly 100% of their spare time and money on the same hobby. So many people (not only kids) spend way too much time playing video games and need to get back into the real world.

Comment

Thinking about this from a distance, it's sad that something such as video games is promoting such visceral reactions/emotions, but that's naturally what you get when people spend nearly 100% of their spare time and money on the same hobby. So many people (not only kids) spend way too much time playing video games and need to get back into the real world.
                                TELL me about it... I got to where I could play Donkey Kong at the 7-11 for FOUR HOURS on ONE QUARTER!!!!! There outta be a law!

Comment