Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Utah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paprika View Post

I'll stop taking your judgments non-seriously when you don't post hopelessly biased accounts as 'a good primer'.
    I don't waste my time playing video games so that was the first thing I ever read on it (and really, the only thing I've read on it that gives me background). I felt it gave me enough background to at least understand the context of what others were posting on it in threats such as this.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I'll stop taking your judgments non-seriously when you don't post hopelessly biased accounts as 'a good primer'.
      Just curious. Why is it that your response to someone talking about people acting like fools is to criticize the person bearing the news. Do you just not like to hear that bad things happen in this world or do you like to be a jerk all the time.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
        Just curious. Why is it that your response to someone talking about people acting like fools is to criticize the person bearing the news. Do you just not like to hear that bad things happen in this world or do you like to be a jerk all the time.
        KG, like you, has precious little to contribute other than idiocy like the WaPo article he posted earlier.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Just curious.
          Catholicity to the rescue!

Why is it that your response to someone talking about people acting like fools is to criticize the person bearing the news. Do you just not like to hear that bad things happen in this world or do you like to be a jerk all the time.

Comment

For the record DE responding to me is useless I can't see it. your on my ignore list, I just happened to be looking over my dearest's shoulder. Paprika, you know that your level of asshattery earns you zero respect around here right? Same to you Darth. Neither of you are liked, nor cared about, you just are around because we tend to think you're entertaining. more or less a good laugh.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Neither of you are...cared about
              The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Comment

I live for unwitting irony.

Comment

Pap, if you've got something cogent to add to the thread, fire away. Up your game or get out.

Comment

LT, I'm still curious what you meant earlier about it being a white comment.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      What he's trying to say is that you aren't prostrating enough. See if you can learn how to phase body parts through the ground so you can place your head directly beneath his feet without disrupting his standing balance.
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

I'm guessing you mean "it" being this:

Of course, I hate the idea of speech being chilled but this isn't a total loss for her.
                        And "white" being:

Mighty white of you.
                        Used to describe someone who thinks they've done a great deed, charitable action or sacrifice, but in reality they've done very little to help the human condition.

Earl: I gave that homeless man my half eaten apple.
                        Roger: Wow, thats mighty white of you.

It's idiomatic, but the UD does a decent job catching the flavor there.

This is well beyond "speech being chilled." It's about misogyny so rampant its proponents react to being called on it by making death threats toward random women.

But that's only tangential to the OP, which is about Utah and an open carry law so mindlessly enforced they can't even bar guns at a venue that's been openly targeted by a crazy intent on a shooting spree.

Now sure, I did post it to draw our local gun crazies out of their bunkers, but I didn't guess it'd draw out our local epos at the same time.

My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                          I'm guessing you mean "it" being this:

And "white" being:

Mighty white of you.
                          Used to describe someone who thinks they've done a great deed, charitable action or sacrifice, but in reality they've done very little to help the human condition.

Earl: I gave that homeless man my half eaten apple.
                          Roger: Wow, thats mighty white of you.

It's idiomatic, but the UD does a decent job catching the flavor there.
                          Did I nail it or what?

This is well beyond "speech being chilled." It's about misogyny so rampant its proponents react to being called on it by making death threats toward random women.
                          How is Sarkeesian random? Seems to me that she's being targeted for her prominent role in the progressive Mutaween.

But that's only tangential to the OP, which is about Utah and an open carry law so mindlessly enforced they can't even bar guns at a venue that's been openly targeted by a crazy intent on a shooting spree.
                          What would a gun ban achieve?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                            I always stage my mass shootings at places full of other people packing heat.
                            At least you give them a sporting chance

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              What would a gun ban achieve?
                              It might allow for civil discourse without the fear of gun play and killing.
                              βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                              ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                                Or, you know, it's fake.

Comment