Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Civics 101: The US Constitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civics 101: The US Constitution

Take the Quiz here!

No cheating - take the quiz and then answer the poll!
    100!
    5.88%
    Oops, missed one!
    52.94%
    Only missed two!
    29.41%
    Just missed three!
    0.00%
    Missed four - drat!
    5.88%
    Missed five - what was I thinking?
    0.00%
    Missed six or seven...
    5.88%
    Eight to ten - this ain't my thing!
    0.00%
    Eleven to fourteen - remedial classes here I come!
    0.00%
    Missed every single one - :argh:
    0.00%
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

I missed one.

Comment

I missed one. But it is kind of debatable because...

The Vice President functions as the tie-breaking vote for the Senate, which is a function of the Legislative Branch, therefore, he technically belongs to both branches. But I understand what they are asking, and I get why I missed it
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I missed one. Darn question #3....
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

If it makes y'all feel better, I missed one, too.

I don't know why - I knew full well Adams was the first constitutional VP but I went with Hamilton like an idiot.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Missed two but I am a "Constitution Master! Wow! You are a true Sentinel of Justice!" I got three and seven wrong...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I missed the one about the max length a president can serve. And missed who is president if the vice-president cant be.

Comment

I missed precisely the same ones as Sparko. I wonder if I would do as well with a quiz on the Australian constitution... we don't really talk about it as much as youse guys.

Comment

Missed Washington's VP — which isn't strictly about the constitution — and the extra 2 years loophole for president.

So I'm claiming all but one.

Comment

15/15, got them all correct. What do I win?
                    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

The loophole question about the maximum amount of time a president can serve is a dirty, rotten trick.
                      Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                        The loophole question about the maximum amount of time a president can serve is a dirty, rotten trick.
                        no it isn't the information is in the constitution. and for your infomraiton I that is the only question I missed math was not my strong point but I am kicking myself not to self 8+2 is 10

Comment

Got 'em all. But then when I was in High School I even got the trick questions that were used in the old voting/literacy tests that were used to exclude folks they didn't like.

The only one I remember was "What is the term of a Supreme Court Justice?"

The correct answer: Life but conditional -- they are subject to impeachment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                            Missed Washington's VP
                            That was the only one I wasn't certain about.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I missed 4.

#4. <-- by phrasing I thought it was a trick question.....it wasn't
                              #6. <-- I've not really paid much attention who your past vice presidents were.
                              #7. <-- I have no idea why I selected the option I did.
                              #14. <-- I thought it was the third amendment because for some bizarre reason I thought the first was about free speech.
                              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                              -Ben Witherington III

Comment