Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The pendulum swings back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pendulum swings back

Choice extracts from the article:
    Sexual liberation is having a nervous breakdown on college campuses. Conservatives should be cheering on its collapse; instead they sometimes sound as if they want to administer the victim smelling salts.

It is impossible to overstate the growing weirdness of the college sex scene. Campus feminists are reimporting selective portions of a traditional sexual code that they have long scorned, in the name of ending what they preposterously call an epidemic of campus rape. They are once again making males the guardians of female safety and are portraying females as fainting, helpless victims of the untrammeled male libido. They are demanding that college administrators write highly technical rules for sex and aggressively enforce them, 50 years after the proponents of sexual liberation insisted that college adults stop policing student sexual behavior. While the campus feminists are not yet calling for an assistant dean to be present at their drunken couplings, they have created the next best thing: the opportunity to replay every grope and caress before a tribunal of voyeuristic administrators.

The ultimate result of the feminists’ crusade may be the same as if they were explicitly calling for a return to sexual modesty: a sharp decrease in casual, drunken sex. There is no downside to this development.
    In fact, the policy goes even farther into the realm of Victorian sex roles than simply a presumption of female modesty. Females are now considered so helpless and passive that they should not even be assumed to have the strength or capacity to say “no.” “Withdrawal of Consent can be an expressed ‘no’ or can be based on an outward demonstration that conveys that an individual is hesitant, confused, uncertain, or is no longer a mutual participant,” announce Claremont’s sexocrats.
    We have come very far from the mud-drenched orgies of Woodstock. Feminists in the neo-Victorian era are demanding that written material that allegedly evokes nonconsensual sex be prefaced by warnings regarding its threatening content, so that female readers can avoid fits of vapors and fainting—a phenomenon known as “trigger warnings.”
    Though Jane’s actions and statements seemed to indicate that she consented to sexual intercourse, John should have known that she was too incapacitated to consent, the adjudicators concluded.

This finding rests on a neo-Victorian ethos which makes the male the sole guardian of female safety. John and Jane were equally drunk. They both agreed to have sex. Neither of them remembered the actual moment of intercourse afterwards (though Jane remembers the oral sex). Yet John is viewed as the primary mover in that sex act, and the only member of the pair obligated to evaluate the mental capacities of his partner. Jane, however, could be deemed equally guilty of having sex with a partner who was too drunk to consent. In the neo-Victorian worldview, however, females have no responsibility for their own behavior, while the male is responsible not only for himself but for his partner as well.
    Last edited by Paprika; 10-15-2014, 05:24 AM.

I seem to remember guys being perfectly okay with the sexual revolution - and partaking of the benefits thereof - so I'm not exactly sympathetic.

Here's a better plan: keep your pants up until your wedding night. No questionable accusations of rape, no ending up in my office (really, don't bother telling me you thought she was okay - she thought the same thing about you and you were probably both wrong) and no explaining to your wife years later why you're still testing positive for syphilis...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Sorry, all I can think of with the title is...

That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Now wait a minute. If they were both so drunk that neither remembers having sex then who says it happened at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Eeset View Post
          Now wait a minute. If they were both so drunk that neither remembers having sex then who says it happened at all?
          They knew something was wrong when they sobered up and noticed they were wearing each other's clothes?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wow, that article's author sure is messed up mentally!

Comment

Don't get drunk! And keep your pants on! If you decide to get drunk anyway, be safe about it?
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Bring back chastity belts!

Comment

Gather up all the genetic material, grow babies in artificial wombs, and give everyone barbie doll anatomy. No sex, no problems!
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Bring back chastity belts!
                    hqdefault.jpg
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      Gather up all the genetic material, grow babies in artificial wombs, and give everyone barbie doll anatomy. No sex, no problems!
                      I dont think I would make a very good looking barbie doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I dont think I would make a very good looking barbie doll.
                        No fair, leaving that kind of straight line just laying there.

Are you TRYING to get me modded?!?!?!
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Math is hard.

Comment

Yeah, I feel the same, a certain line from Blades of Glory would have been very funny to use.

Comment

I seem to remember guys being perfectly okay with the sexual revolution - and partaking of the benefits thereof - so I'm not exactly sympathetic.
                              Clearly, this thread isn't about the guys getting into trouble, so don't bring that here. Rather, it is pointing out the irony of feminists pushing for strict regulations of sexual behaviour and enforcing standards and sexual roles which were previously decried as 'sexist'.
                              Last edited by Paprika; 10-15-2014, 11:02 AM.

Comment