Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Noah's Ark theme park faith-based hiring policy called discriminatory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post
    Well then, next time I find my way out of the sticks I'll have to look for some to expand my palate.
    Some of the best is in the sticks.

Comment

Not these sticks unfortunately.
      We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Cere, is not familiar with our Alaskan "sticks" methinks.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Why do potential employees have to sign a statement of faith saying they are Christian and Creationists to work there? As far as I know, Jews and Muslims also believe in the flood, and even if you believe in evolution you could still believe in the flood.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Why do potential employees have to sign a statement of faith saying they are Christian and Creationists to work there? As far as I know, Jews and Muslims also believe in the flood, and even if you believe in evolution you could still believe in the flood.
            I think Answers in Genesis fashions itself as a ministry, which in itself raises questions about the appropriateness of tax breaks (after all, we wouldn't want to be giving handouts to a Muslim ministry).
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              I think Answers in Genesis fashions itself as a ministry, which in itself raises questions about the appropriateness of tax breaks (after all, we wouldn't want to be giving handouts to a Muslim ministry).
              Or The Radical Islam Jihad Experience? complete with flight simulators?

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Tax exemptions aren't exclusively afforded Christian organizations or faiths.
                AiG, while YEC, are still entitled to their religious civil rights and tax exemption. It's not a handout.

sigpic
                "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
                Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Country Sparrow View Post
                  Tax exemptions aren't exclusively afforded Christian organizations or faiths.
                  AiG, while YEC, are still entitled to their religious civil rights and tax exemption. It's not a handout.
                  I see tax exemptions as more appropriate for churches than for places that are selling $29.95 admission tickets, which looks an awful lot like a business model.

I think it's one thing for a church to charge a few dollars for a Wednesday night dinner to defray costs and keep things even. I see the Creation Museum model as something different altogether.

http://creationmuseum.org/tickets/
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment