Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Liberal Madness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Liberal Madness!

They just never give up! I mean they really are insane...

The fine folks who run the school system in Lincoln, Neb., are on a campaign to make their classrooms gender-inclusive. And that means teachers will no longer refer to boys and girls … as boys and girls.

“Don’t use phrases such as ‘boys and girls,’ ‘you guys,’ ‘ladies and gentlemen,’ and similarly gendered expressions to get kids’ attention,” reads a handout from the Lincoln Public Schools that was given to teachers.

The handout was part of an effort to educate teachers and administrators about transgender issues, educators told the Lincoln Journal Star.
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...l-kids-purple/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

You're just jealous cause nobody ever called you a purple penguin.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      You're just jealous cause nobody ever called you a purple penguin.
      I was a blue penguin once. Still recovering from that headache. Face plant arctic style. Sucks.

I think this OP article is just a sign of things to come. All foretold so that we're not surprised.
      1 Timothy 4:1

Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,

sigpic
      "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
      Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Country Sparrow View Post
        I was a blue penguin once. Still recovering from that headache. Face plant arctic style. Sucks.

I think this OP article is just a sign of things to come. All foretold so that we're not surprised.
        Yes I think gender blending is just another sign of deep rebellion - attempting to remove God created distinctions.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Better question - who's paying these people to implement such nonsense? If they really have nothing better to do that find non-existent problems to solve why hire them at all?

There's got to be a grant or program that is encouraging this nonsense.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Better question - who's paying these people to implement such nonsense? If they really have nothing better to do that find non-existent problems to solve why hire them at all?

There's got to be a grant or program that is encouraging this nonsense.
            I'd venture to say it's the Nebraska tax payers since this is a public school.

There must be Christian teachers in this system. Why would they agree to such an absurd label for all students? Purple penguins? Really? Purple penguins.

I guarantee you if you were standing before a group of transsexual adults and called them purple penguins, GLAAD would throw a hissy fit. Screaming that that was bigotry, discrimination, intolerance.

While someone in the Nebraska school system thought this was a means of making the school gender inclusive? How did they arrive at the "need" to do this in the first place ? Take a poll as to how many students felt like the opposite sex? And that minority then is afforded a deference that causes all other students to lose their gender identity and become colored birds?

Or, maybe this is conservative Nebraskans way of mocking Trans people. You're a she-male? OK, we'll call you penguin. Purple Penguin.
            At least they didn't call them purple hyena.

sigpic
            Marcus Aurelius

Comment

From the handout itself:

http://watchdog.wpengine.netdna-cdn....g-handouts.pdf
              Don't use phrases such as ”boys & girls," ”you guys,” ”ladies and gentlemen," and similarly gendered expressions to get kids’ attention. Instead say things like ”calling all readers," or ”hey campers" or "could all of the athletes come here." Create classroom names and then ask all of the ”purple penguins" to meet at the rug.

The last line makes it clear that "purple penguins" is merely a hypothetical example of a classroom name, not that the school's requiring teachers to call all children "purple penguins." So you can toss that silly objection out.

Additionally, as much as you might like to disbelieve it and remain within your comfortable shell of tradition and familiarity, in which everything fits into a neat and tidy pre-ordained package or framework...there really are children who struggle with their gender identity, and asking them to specifically choose "boy" or "girl" is legitimately confusing for them. They may physically have male or female genitalia but internally feel that there is something "off" about their anatomical configuration, that their body parts are somehow foreign or "wrong" or invasive, as if those parts don't truly belong to them. Imagine if you woke up one day to find that while you were asleep, doctors operated on you and replaced your male genitalia with female genitalia, gave you breasts and somehow implemented ovaries and a uterus into you, so that you now undergo cycles of menstruation and ovulation. The mind doesn't match the body, and isn't the mind as much (if not more) of an important aspect of our identity as our body? So it really is not as simple as asking certain children to identify as boy or girl strictly on the basis of their genitalia.

While I'm not sure if the Nebraska school has the best plan of addressing their transgender students, it is also hurtful, simple-minded and inaccurate to refer to them as "devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons" or "rebelling against God to remove God-created distinctions."
              Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                From the handout itself:

Don't use phrases such as ”boys & girls," ”you guys,” ”ladies and gentlemen," and similarly gendered expressions to get kids’ attention. Instead say things like ”calling all readers," or ”hey campers" or "could all of the athletes come here." Create classroom names and then ask all of the ”purple penguins" to meet at the rug.

The last line makes it clear that "purple penguins" is merely a hypothetical example of a classroom name, not that the school's requiring teachers to call all children "purple penguins." So you can toss that silly objection out.

Additionally, as much as you might like to disbelieve it and remain within your comfortable shell of tradition and familiarity, in which everything fits into a neat and tidy pre-ordained package or framework...there really are children who struggle with their gender identity, and asking them to specifically choose "boy" or "girl" is legitimately confusing for them. They may physically have male or female genitalia but internally feel that there is something "off" about their anatomical configuration, that their body parts are somehow foreign or "wrong" or invasive, as if those parts don't truly belong to them. Imagine if you woke up one day to find that while you were asleep, doctors operated on you and replaced your male genitalia with female genitalia, gave you breasts and somehow implemented ovaries and a uterus into you, so that you now undergo cycles of menstruation and ovulation. The mind doesn't match the body, and isn't the mind as much (if not more) of an important aspect of our identity as our body? So it really is not as simple as asking certain children to identify as boy or girl strictly on the basis of their genitalia.

While I'm not sure if the Nebraska school has the best plan of addressing their transgender students, it is also hurtful, simple-minded and inaccurate to refer to them as "devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons" or "rebelling against God to remove God-created distinctions."
                Are you familiar with body integrity identity disorder?
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  Are you familiar with body integrity identity disorder?
                  No, I'm not. What about it?
                  Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

Comment

No, I'm not. What about it?
                    It's basically a disorder wherein a person's brain doesn't recognize a part of their body (an arm, for example) as their own, and they want it to be removed. As far as I understand, those who actually get the limb amputated are then happy with their body, as their brain now recognizes it as "normal." Clearly, something is wrong with their brain, and not their body.

It just seems to me like an interesting, but sad, parallel to transgenderism.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

"rebelling against God to remove God-created distinctions."
                      Of course they are, just as they are trying to redefine the God ordained model for marriage and the family. And yes it is directly from the pit of HELL...

Comment

Square pegs. Haven't thought of that short lived poorly written show in years. Amazing that Sarah Jessica Parker is the only cast member in that show about lesbian students, one of the first programs intended to program the behavior into American TV consumer society, that made it past that casting.

Normally I would respond since you're addressing your remarks to me. However, it becomes readily apparent, even to a newbie like myself, that you are amazingly hostile toward heterosexual/unisexual individuals and particularly Christians.

I'll hold you in my prayers. And I won't feed your appetite to avail yourself of further opportunity to continue your assaults by paying your remarks further attention.

God be with you.

From the handout itself:

sigpic
                        Marcus Aurelius

Comment

From the handout itself:

Even if you were correct - you're not - there's no reason to victimize all other children by making them have to conform to a deviated view. They can be 'boys and girls' and still accommodate the rare classmate who is so confused. The rest of us don't have to - nor should we - give up being who and what we are to accommodate those unable to determine that for themselves.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Country Sparrow View Post
                            Square pegs. Haven't thought of that short lived poorly written show in years. Amazing that Sarah Jessica Parker is the only cast member in that show about lesbian students, one of the first programs intended to program the behavior into American TV consumer society, that made it past that casting.
                            That wasn't how I got my username. I've never even heard of that show.

Normally I would respond since you're addressing your remarks to me. However, it becomes readily apparent, even to a newbie like myself, that you are amazingly hostile toward heterosexual/unisexual individuals and particularly Christians.
                            What did I say that you perceive as "hostile towards heterosexual/unisexual individuals and Christians?"

I'll hold you in my prayers. And I won't feed your appetite to avail yourself of further opportunity to continue your assaults by paying your remarks further attention.
                            We must have a different understanding of the word "assaults" if you think my remarks could be characterized as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              Even if you were correct - you're not
                              About what am I incorrect?

there's no reason to victimize all other children by making them have to conform to a deviated view.
                              The rest of us don't have to - nor should we - give up being who and what we are to accommodate those unable to determine that for themselves.
                              How are they being victimized or "giving up being who they are?"

Comment