Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

POTUS consorting with Illegals to show his contempt for the rule of law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POTUS consorting with Illegals to show his contempt for the rule of law

I would love to see Obama's defenders defend this... feel free, of course, to pitch any obligatory hissy fits about the source of the story, but please, eventually, get to the actual topic....

Source: CNSNews.com

- President Barack Obama told the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Thursday night he was accompanied to the convention center by two illegal aliens, whom he called "dreamers."

"I want to give a special thanks to two young men who rode over with me from the White House tonight," Obama said. "Luis and Victor are CHCI (Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute) interns and fellows. They are also dreamers, living and working in the country they call home, and making it a better place for all of us.

© Copyright Original Source

I'm only surprised Holder was not along for the ride.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Not just dreamers. DREAMers-- as in, people who would be covered under the DREAM Act. The quote from the article doesn't make that clear.
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
      Not just dreamers. DREAMers-- as in, people who would be covered under the DREAM Act. The quote from the article doesn't make that clear.
      I thought that was patently obvious. Yes, he's associating with illegal aliens to whom he wants to give citizenship.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I thought that was patently obvious. Yes, he's associating with illegal aliens to whom he wants to give citizenship.
        Legal residency, anyway.

Comment

Legal residency, anyway.
          So, if you break into my garage and sweep the floor, I have to adopt you, eh?

Comment

So, if you break into my garage and sweep the floor, I have to adopt you, eh?
            I'll not dignify that with a response.

It's not like they'd be more at home in any country other than the one in which they were raised. They want to be American. They know what it means to be American. The only thing standing in their way is a particular and stubborn variety of irrational dedication to the letter of the law that only serves to undermine the rule of law in the long run.

Comment

It's not like they'd be more at home in any country other than the one in which they were raised. They want to be American. They know what it means to be American. The only thing standing in their way is a particular and stubborn variety of irrational dedication to the letter of the law that only serves to undermine the rule of law in the long run.
              There's nothing irrational about disincentivizing criminals. Maybe we can reach a compromise where one young liberal is traded for one DREAMer? The Mexican can stay and the liberal is stripped of citizenship, thrown out of the country and never allowed back in.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

And yet the response follows....

Yeah, why obey laws? They just get in the way of people doing whatever they want to do.

Comment

DREAMers are people who were brought to this country as young children. They didn't "choose" to illegally cross the border. They grew up and were raised in America, effectively the only land they've ever truly known. A better analogy would be someone who was brought into Cow Poke's garage as a kid, lived in the garage all his life, came to love the garage and developed a desire to be a member of the garage. Of course, keeping a kid in Cow Poke's garage for all those years wouldn't exactly be good parenting, but you get the point.
                  Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                    DREAMers are people who were brought to this country as young children.
                    You kinda sorta left out the word "illegally" in that sentence.

They didn't "choose" to illegally cross the border.
                    No, their parents or guardians did.

They grew up and were raised in America, effectively the only land they've ever truly known. A better analogy would be someone who was brought into Cow Poke's garage as a kid, lived in the garage all his life, came to love the garage and developed a desire to be a member of the garage. Of course, keeping a kid in Cow Poke's garage for all those years wouldn't exactly be good parenting, but you get the point.
                    Again, you forgot the word "illegally".... if they were brought into my garage ILLEGALLY, their parents or guardian would have been arrested, and the children turned over to Children's Services.

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                      DREAMers are people who were brought to this country as young children. They didn't "choose" to illegally cross the border. They grew up and were raised in America, effectively the only land they've ever truly known. A better analogy would be someone who was brought into Cow Poke's garage as a kid, lived in the garage all his life, came to love the garage and developed a desire to be a member of the garage. Of course, keeping a kid in Cow Poke's garage for all those years wouldn't exactly be good parenting, but you get the point.
                      The criminals I was referring to was their parents. I agree that the kids themselves are in a bad situation but their well being should not be the primary concern.
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I would love to see Obama's defenders defend this... feel free, of course, to pitch any obligatory hissy fits about the source of the story, but please, eventually, get to the actual topic....
                        Now if he were consorting with Baptists ...

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                          Now if he were consorting with Baptists ...
                          Baptists aren't allowed to consort - it leads to dancing.

Comment

People should be concerned with the well being of children of criminals anyway. However, I am now unable to suggest a way that I feel is good to take care of those kids.
                            The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

And yet the response follows....
                              I was referring to your analogy, which is so unworthy of someone like you that I'm going to pretend you never even posted it.

Yeah, why obey laws? They just get in the way of people doing whatever they want to do.
                              I know you can do better than this.

Comment