Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

2014 State of the Union Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so I guess the answer is "no" - Jimmy can't show GWB lying like Obama, and neither can he show anyone to be a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      so I guess the answer is "no" - Jimmy can't show GWB lying like Obama, and neither can he show anyone to be a racist.

But Obama didn't lie! Well maybe he did, but he had a higher moral purpose behind his actions. Also he apologized. That makes it ok.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Is that all you have CP? That is why you have such contempt for this particular president over all past presidents? You can call it a blatant lie if you want. We can disagree about that and at any rate he apologzed.
        So, let's see... he can be a SERIAL LIAR, and LIE about his serial lying, as long as his dummy followers are duped into thinking he apologzed [sic].

It's there, Jimmy, in his own words... and I asked you to come up with ANYTHING even REMOTELY similar that Bush did, and all you can do is WEASEL.

This is why nobody can take you seriously.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Unlike yourself, I don't have to go looking for video's to argue my point CP.
          The only reason you can't go looking is cause ya got NOTHING! (and video's is not plural, Jimmy, it's possessive)

If you don't think GWB lied about Iraq, and weapons of Mass destruction, well good for you.
          If it's THAT BLATANT, Jimmy, ya outta be able to come up with SOMETHING besides horsiepoo!

You are very naive.
          ... says Mr. "no mechanism".

But really you can't be so naive as to believe that past presidents have not lied to the American people.
          Never said that, Jimmy. Politicians lie. I asked you to produce ANYTHING comparable to the BLATANT and REPEATED lies that Obama has told, and his LIES to try to cover up his LIES. Ya got NOTHING.

So, what then is the real reason for your "never so much contempt" comment with regards to Obama? Surely there must be more to it than that!
          I'm sorry Jimmy... lemme get my crayolas and big chief* yellow tablet out, and I'll draw you a picture.... OR, you can watch the Jon Stewart video again, cause it's right there in Obama's OWN WORDS!

*I bet I'm a racist for having a Big Chief Yellow Tablet!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Unfortunately, this won't be the ONLY totally ignorant thing you say.
            Well, that is JimL. We get the bitter with the sweet.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

That is why you have such contempt for this particular president over all past presidents? You can call it a blatant lie if you want. We can disagree about that and at any rate he apologzed.
              Just out of curiosity, Jimmy, can you please point me to this alleged "apology"?

Thanks

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/07/politi...acare-apology/

not that I'm happy with his performance. But he did apologize.
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Why do you think he put himself through all this when even his own advisers recommended he not try passing health care reform? He did it in the interests of the country.
                  His focus on health care reform started not out of some selfless desire to do what is best for the country, but to further his own political career:

Originally posted by President Obama’s health care conversion
                  Soon-to-be-candidate Obama, then an Illinois senator, was thinking about turning down an invitation to speak at a big health care conference sponsored by the progressive group Families USA, when two aides, Robert Gibbs and Jon Favreau, hit on an idea that would make him appear more prepared and committed than he actually was at the moment.

Why not just announce his intention to pass universal health care by the end of his first term?

Thus was born Obamacare, a check-the-box, news-cycle expedient that would ultimately define a president.

“We needed something to say,” recalled one of the advisers involved in the discussion. “I can’t tell you how little thought was given to that thought other than it sounded good. So they just kind of hatched it on their own. It just happened. It wasn’t like a deep strategic conversation.”

The candidate jumped at it. He probably wasn’t going to get elected anyway, the team concluded. Why not go big?

“In the 2008 campaign, affordable, universal health care for every single American must not be a question of whether, it must be a question of how,” Obama said at the Families USA conference. “We have the ideas, we have the resources, and we must find the will to pass a plan by the end of the next president’s first term.”

Link
                  So basically, Obama needed a throwaway applause line for a speech at a health care conference. Even after this speech, he still had no interest in seriously studying health care policy until Hilary dominated him at an SEIU-sponsored health care forum a few months later. It seems - like just about every politician - Obama's greatest motivation was personal gain, not some "greater good."
                  Last edited by CMD; 01-26-2014, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                    http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/07/politi...acare-apology/

not that I'm happy with his performance. But he did apologize.
                    Ah, thanks... . but this is more of a "he tried his best to weasel out of it and when that didn't work, he FINALLY apologized -- not for lying -- but for creating the misery. From that article....

"Obama's comments come days after he attempted to clarify what he meant when he assured Americans in previous years that they would be able to keep their plans under the Affordable Care Act, a controversy that is prompting legislation in Congress to address it."

And... ""I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me," he told NBC News in an exclusive interview."

So, how exactly does that help the millions who have lost their insurance?

(And I fully realize, DB, you're not arguing.... you were being helpful in finding the "apology", such as it is)

Comment

So, reading that article further.... AFTER he sorta kinda apologizes, he continues to lie. (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and pretend that I think he was speaking honestly, albeit as ignorantly as Jimmy)....

(Does the "box" function work?)

""Most of the folks who ... got these cancellation letters, they'll be able to get better care at the same cost or cheaper in these new marketplaces," Obama said, also noting that "we have to make sure" people do not feel as if they've been betrayed by an effort carried out with their best interests in mind.

"They'll have more choice, they'll have more competition. They're part of a bigger pool. The insurance companies are going to be hungry for their business. So the majority of folks will end up being better off," he said."

Simply not true.

Comment

It's one thing to say you intend to do something and make every effort to make that happen, but still failing to accomplish it. It's another to know two years in advance that many people were going to lose their health insurance and promise them they could keep it regardless of that.
                        "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

Never said that, Jimmy. Politicians lie. I asked you to produce ANYTHING comparable to the BLATANT and REPEATED lies that Obama has told, and his LIES to try to cover up his LIES. Ya got NOTHING.
                          Oh, very good CP, so politicians lie. But the very reason you give for being so contemptous of this particular politician is because he, according to you, lies. So, again I ask you, if politicians lie, then what is the reason that you are so much the more contemptuous of Obama?

Comment

Oh, very good CP, so politicians lie. But the very reason you give for being so contemptous of this particular politician is because he, according to you, lies.
                            Well, this isn't just a "I did not have sekshul relations with that woman", Jimmy.... this is a blatant outright fabrication in order to pass legislation, and to keep his butt in office, causing ignorant suckers like you to trust him, and create one of the biggest financial messes this country will ever see, while promising "you can KEEP your doctor, PERIOD"......

So, again I ask you, if politicians lie, then what is the reason that you are so much the more contemptuous of Obama?
                            He takes it to a whole new level, and the media is complicit in his dastardly deeds.

Now, PLEASE, Jimmy, show me ANYTHING that Bush said that was as BLATANT and CLEAR CUT as the lies Obama REPEATEDLY told, then lied about what he lied about, while claiming to be the most transparent government in history.

Please stop the kabuki dance, Jimmy, and try your little best to come up with SOMETHING on the order of Obama's blatant lies.

Comment

[No, the box function does not work yet. Add it to the stack of jobs for Chrs to get to yesterday.]
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Well, this isn't just a "I did not have sekshul relations with that woman", Jimmy.... this is a blatant outright fabrication in order to pass legislation, and to keep his butt in office, causing ignorant suckers like you to trust him, and create one of the biggest financial messes this country will ever see, while promising "you can KEEP your doctor, PERIOD"......
                                You are too funny CP. Health care legislation, the ACA, is one of the ways he is trying to fix the financial mess this country has gotten itself into. Health care spending has been out of control and on the rise for decades now and republicans have not only not tried to come up with a fix themselves in all of those years, they have blocked every attempt by democrats to do so. Now, if you are going to assert that Obama's statement was an outright blatant fabrication on his part, one that he later apologized for, then prove it!

He takes it to a whole new level, and the media is complicit in his dastardly deeds.
                                Really, well there must be many more BLATANT LIES that you are aware of him telling then for which you hold him in such high contempt. Care to share them with us?
                                Now, PLEASE, Jimmy, show me ANYTHING that Bush said that was as BLATANT and CLEAR CUT as the lies Obama REPEATEDLY told, then lied about what he lied about, while claiming to be the most transparent government in history.
                                "I will not run a deficit" "Iraq has weapons of mass destruction". I could go on and on, but I know that you are not really that dumb, you just like to play dumb when it suits you.
                                Please stop the kabuki dance, Jimmy, and try your little best to come up with SOMETHING on the order of Obama's blatant lies.
                                Please explain the difference between a lie and a BLATANT lie, as you see it CP?
                                Last edited by JimL; 01-26-2014, 11:21 PM.

Comment