Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

2014 State of the Union Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    It would be hilarious if the endless "racism" shrieking ended with racism making a spectacular comeback.
    Not really. It would however be kind of ironic and also sad.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I know I felt a similar contempt for Jimmy Carter when he was president. Last time I looked he wasn't black. But they did share one thing in common. Both were incredibly inept and made a rough economic condition even worse.
      I think Obama ALMOST makes Jimmy Carter's presidency look "brilliant".

OK, maybe that's a stretch.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well since Obama is only half-black, I guess that makes those that dislike him only half-racists. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Well since Obama is only half-black, I guess that makes those that dislike him only half-racists. LOL
          Semi-racist? Quasi-racist? Demi-racist?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Dear Jimmy,

Obama not only BLATANTLY LIED when he said "you can keep your health care plan, PERIOD", AND when he said "you can keep your Doctor, PERIOD", but he CONTINUED to blatantly lie to try to hide the fact that he blatantly lied.

Now, here's Jon Stewart -- certainly no friend of the tea party -- exposing Obama's lies....

If it wasn't so SERIOUS, it would be HILARIOUS!

So, how do you answer this, Jimmy? You blame Bush.

So, let's try this... show me the video of GWB BLATANTLY lying like that, THAT CLEARLY, then lying to try to make it sound like he didn't lie in the first place.

I doubledog dare ya.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Well thats the thing CP, you don't back up your peculiar and immense contempt for this president in relation to past presidents with any facts or evidence. Can you do that?
              You don't back up your inane accusations that CP dislikes Obama because he's black with any facts or evidence. Can you do that?

Comment

well I guess that makes Jon Stewart a racist!

Comment

well I guess that makes Jon Stewart a racist!
                  That HAS to be the only explanation!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    and GW Bush obviously got a hold of all of the old video clips of Obama and edited them.

Comment

So, here's the bottom line....

I have demonstrated that my contempt for Obama hit an all time high when he blatantly lied about his healthcare plan in order to foist it on the American people, then lied about his lies.

Jimmy claims I'm racist to be upset, and since it's the lies that upset me, then Jimmy must think that all black people are pathological liars????

You gots some splainin to do, Jimmy!!!! That sounds MIGHTY RACIST!!!!

Comment

No. It is obviously Rush Limbaugh wearing a Jon Stewart mask

Comment

Dear Jimmy,

Obama not only BLATANTLY LIED when he said "you can keep your health care plan, PERIOD", AND when he said "you can keep your Doctor, PERIOD", but he CONTINUED to blatantly lie to try to hide the fact that he blatantly lied.

Now, here's Jon Stewart -- certainly no friend of the tea party -- exposing Obama's lies....

So, let's try this... show me the video of GWB BLATANTLY lying like that, THAT CLEARLY, then lying to try to make it sound like he didn't lie in the first place.

I doubledog dare ya.
                          Obama has also won the "Lie of the Year" from PolitiFact: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-plan-keep-it/

...and he topped Glenn Kessler's "The biggest Pinocchios of 2013" list at The Fact Checker: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...chios-of-2013/

...and again he topped the list of FactCheck.org's "Whoppers of 2013": http://www.factcheck.org/2013/12/whoppers-of-2013/

Comment

has anyone ever taken JimL seriously? He is a rabid moron on all topics.

Comment

has anyone ever taken JimL seriously? He is a rabid moron on all topics.
                              I just had a flashback (slightly modified as presented here) of Jimmy saying "There is NO MECHANISM to voluntarily give money to the government -- PERIOD*!"

*I added that

Comment

Dear Jimmy,

Is that all you have CP? That is why you have such contempt for this particular president over all past presidents? You can call it a blatant lie if you want. We can disagree about that and at any rate he apologzed. But what about the big picture. Why do you think he put himself through all this when even his own advisers recomended he not try passing health care reform? He did it in the interests of the country. The health care system is bankrupting the country and people were dying because they had no access to healthcare until they got so ill that they showed up in the emergency room which we all ended up paying for at a much higher cost than if they had healthcare in the first place. Is that contemptuous? No it isn't. You just love to go quote mining in order to win a point while disregarding the higher moral purpose behind his actions.

I doubledog dare ya.
                                Unlike yourself, I don't have to go looking for video's to argue my point CP. If you don't think GWB lied about Iraq, and weapons of Mass destruction, well good for you. You are very naive. But really you can't be so naive as to believe that past presidents have not lied to the American people. So, what then is the real reason for your "never so much contempt" comment with regards to Obama? Surely there must be more to it than that!

Comment