Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

2014 State of the Union Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 State of the Union Message

Are you going to watch?

I will purposely avoid it. There is NOTHING Obama can say that I would be interested in hearing, with the notable exception of "I hereby resign...."

As far as I am concerned, he is the political equivalent of Joseph Smith -- he has suckered hundreds of thousands of people into following him by "saying words" which contradict his actions.

I have never before in my life felt contempt and disgust for one of our Presidents like I do for this one. And, yeah, I need to pray about this.

PERIOD!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I quit watching State of the Union messages when I first realized that they had little if anything to do with the state of the union.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I quit watching State of the Union messages when I first realized that they had little if anything to do with the state of the union.
      Well, yeah, there's that, too. All they are is "I am so brilliant... I accomplished...." accompanied with a "and I'm going to spend ungodly amounts of money to try to keep you voting for my kind...."

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm not going to watch it. I pretty much know what he's going to say anyway (does he ever say anything different?). I confess to having much the same opinion of him as you, CP.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I thought you'd enjoy watching him sweat and flail wildly considering he's a lame duck and colossal, miserable failure.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Well, there's that. Somehow the vindication just doesn't seem reward enough, though.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Thank God for term limits. The American public can't be trusted to make good decisions.

Comment

I'll read the transcript.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                  I thought you'd enjoy watching him sweat and flail wildly considering he's a lame duck and colossal, miserable failure.
                  But he "has a pen and a phone", and intends to do a bunch more damage by executive order. PLUS his flunkies in cabinet positions who MAKE LAW by decree, totally apart from Congress.

I like what Krauthammer said.... "he, indeed, has a pen and a phone -- what he does NOT have is a copy of the Constitution".

Comment

No I won't watch it. I don't have anything to do with Obama.
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

A lot of racists in this thread.
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Racists in this thread and gold in my teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Are you going to watch?

I will purposely avoid it. There is NOTHING Obama can say that I would be interested in hearing, with the notable exception of "I hereby resign...."

As far as I am concerned, he is the political equivalent of Joseph Smith -- he has suckered hundreds of thousands of people into following him by "saying words" which contradict his actions.

I have never before in my life felt contempt and disgust for one of our Presidents like I do for this one. And, yeah, I need to pray about this.

PERIOD!
                          I need an amen button.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Nope. Haven't felt a need to watch any of the prior ones, not going to start now. They always summarize it the following day. And no one will care that following day, just like they didn't the day before.
                            No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

It is a real blessing (seriously) not to watch any TV. It is not a decision I need to make - though I never had a problem skipping them in the long ago past.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment