Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White House Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    ANY door is easy to refit --- it's the LOCKSET, not the whole door.

And that's no problem at all... "panic hardware" is available for any door, and opens at the push from inside, while being securely locked from outside. The idea that they would have to "fumble with a key" is silly, for the very "fire codes" you mention.... "the opening of the door from the inside shall not require the use of a key".
    Oh, cool - never seen one like that.

And the fire codes I referenced specify that doors open outward (so people can get out). Still an issue if the problem is getting in - though not as bad as a commercial door would be.

Originally posted by CP
    That's why you leave one guard inside.
    And hope he doesn't have to go potty...

Originally posted by CP
    Yeah, I ARE one --- I believe in eating flesh, drinking blood, and dead people coming back to life!
    SEE!!!!

Hey, waitaminute...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      This may be a dumb question, but has it been established what this guy was trying to do? I guess I'm surprised that all of the attention is on the Secret Service's screwup (which deserves attention), rather than on the guy who broke in with apparently violent intentions.

Oh, this is soooo yesterday's news. Now they found a guy with a gun who was in the elevator with the President...

You can't make this stuff up!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Well the good news is that if Obama turns out to be the anti-christ totalitarian dictator after all, he won't last long with his security detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          This may be a dumb question, but has it been established what this guy was trying to do? I guess I'm surprised that all of the attention is on the Secret Service's screwup (which deserves attention), rather than on the guy who broke in with apparently violent intentions.
          I'd like to know that too. I saw some report that said he had a bunch of weapons in his car but hadn't heard anything else on that.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Oh, this is soooo yesterday's news. Now they found a guy with a gun who was in the elevator with the President...

You can't make this stuff up!
            That was post #12.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, the guy with the gun in the elevator with Obama was, apparently, a security guard who had a criminal background. Doesn't THAT give ya the warm fuzzies? And, supposedly, the only reason they discovered this was because the guy wouldn't stop taking pictures, and he annoyed the secret service guys. Other than that, Mrs Lincoln.....
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Secret Service Director has resigned. She should NEVER have been in that position in the first place. This is a classic example of the Organizer in Chief putting ideology over national security, or even his OWN security.

Comment

Source: NYT

WASHINGTON — Julia Pierson, the director of the Secret Service, is resigning in the wake of several security breaches, according to administration officials.

The resignation came less than a day after lawmakers from both parties assailed Ms. Pierson’s leadership and said they feared for the lives of the president and others in the protection of the agency.

A 30-year veteran of the Secret Service, Ms. Pierson was supposed to have been the one to repair the agency’s reputation after scandals that raised questions about a culture that gave rise to incidents involving drinking and prostitution during overseas trips.

But her tenure has been rocked by more serious allegations that her agents and officers have not been performing their primary job competently. Under intense questioning on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, Ms. Pierson admitted that those charged with securing the White House had failed to follow numerous security protocols, allowing a man armed with a knife to penetrate deep inside the mansion.

© Copyright Original Source

ss.jpg

Comment

Secret Service Director has resigned. She should NEVER have been in that position in the first place. This is a classic example of the Organizer in Chief putting ideology over national security, or even his OWN security.
                    She was a PC appointee put into the position after the Colombian prostitution scandal who had the complete support of Obama all the way right up until she went under the bus

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So, the guy with the gun in the elevator with Obama was, apparently, a security guard who had a criminal background. Doesn't THAT give ya the warm fuzzies? And, supposedly, the only reason they discovered this was because the guy wouldn't stop taking pictures, and he annoyed the secret service guys. Other than that, Mrs Lincoln.....
                      This is just getting weirder...
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          And per my Washington Post Express this morning, one reason she was perceived as failing was that she claimed she'd learned some things about her agency from reading the Washington Post. If only the Commander in Chief held himself to the same standard. . . .
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The problems at the Secret Service did NOT start when "a woman" took charge...

Source: Washington Post

If the fence jumping wasn’t enough to dirty the agency’s reputation, details of a fumbled response to a 2011 shooting, first disclosed by my colleague Carol Leonnig, certainly were. That drew much of the committee’s attention.

In that case, which occurred before Pierson became director, the Secret Service didn’t even know a White House window had been hit by gunfire until days later.

Rep. John L. Mica (R-Fla.) suggested the Secret Service could learn from home security companies. “Have you ever heard of these guys?” he asked, holding up the ADT logo.

The top Democrat on the committee was in no joking mood about the shots that hit the White House.

“What concerns me most about this report is that agents said they were hesitant to raise security concerns with their supervisors,” Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland said. “There’s a problem of trust.”

The work culture was going to pot before Pierson took over, and there were plenty of problems under Mark Sullivan. This in no way relieves Pierson of responsibility -- it's, IMOHBA opinion, yet another example of the buffoonery of the Community Organizer in Chief who hasn't got a clue how to run a business, a government, or a koolaid stand.

Comment

The problems at the Secret Service did NOT start when "a woman" took charge...

Source: Washington Post

If the fence jumping wasn’t enough to dirty the agency’s reputation, details of a fumbled response to a 2011 shooting, first disclosed by my colleague Carol Leonnig, certainly were. That drew much of the committee’s attention.

In that case, which occurred before Pierson became director, the Secret Service didn’t even know a White House window had been hit by gunfire until days later.

Rep. John L. Mica (R-Fla.) suggested the Secret Service could learn from home security companies. “Have you ever heard of these guys?” he asked, holding up the ADT logo.

The top Democrat on the committee was in no joking mood about the shots that hit the White House.

“What concerns me most about this report is that agents said they were hesitant to raise security concerns with their supervisors,” Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland said. “There’s a problem of trust.”

The work culture was going to pot before Pierson took over, and there were plenty of problems under Mark Sullivan. This in no way relieves Pierson of responsibility -- it's, IMOHBA opinion, yet another example of the buffoonery of the Community Organizer in Chief who hasn't got a clue how to run a business, a government, or a koolaid stand.
                              If their work culture is so degraded that the men (and women) manning the front lines are discouraged from raising security concerns, then they've got problems that a new Director won't be able to fix. It's going to require an overhaul in mindset from the first-line supervisors on up. They'll probably need to start axing other high level management, too. Be interesting to see if anything of the sort happens.
                              "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

I think it's to Obama's credit that he doesn't dump staff the instant things go wrong. Unfortunately, he doesn't do it when he needs to, either.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment