Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White House Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White House Security

I thought this was great... this showed up in my Twitter account....

secret service.jpg

Like, he's gonna say, "well, it's OK if it only happens a couple times a year".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I still can't believe they left the doors unlocked.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Actually, they leave the doors unlocked so they can respond quickly - you don't want to be dodging bullets and fumbling with keys if you're outside and you don't want to be trying to get out when they need you if you are inside.

Of course, the idea is to have the yard visually covered at all times so no one gets the chance to get close enough to try the doors...
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Actually, they leave the doors unlocked so they can respond quickly - you don't want to be dodging bullets and fumbling with keys if you're outside and you don't want to be trying to get out when they need you if you are inside.
        Meh... there are plenty of locks (including "schoolhouse locks") that can be locked from the outside, but quickly and easily opened from the inside... I can't believe they haven't thought of that.

Of course, the idea is to have the yard visually covered at all times so no one gets the chance to get close enough to try the doors...
        Yeah, when I was there with Promise Keepers, you could actually see the snipers on the roof... but, then again, Promise Keepers was a real threat to National Security, i guess.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Meh... there are plenty of locks (including "schoolhouse locks") that can be locked from the outside, but quickly and easily opened from the inside... I can't believe they haven't thought of that.
          Those doors aren't easy to retrofit onto a historic building like the White House - but more to the point, they all open outward (necessarily so - fire codes and with good reason). That's great if you're coming out - not so great if you're trying to herd the President back in before he gets hurt...

Originally posted by CP
          Yeah, when I was there with Promise Keepers, you could actually see the snipers on the roof... but, then again, Promise Keepers was a real threat to National Security, i guess.
          Hey, you never know about those religious zealots...
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

It's nice to see that the new female Secret Service director is applying the same open borders policy to the White House that Obama applied to the Mexican border. Finally, some openness and transparency from this administration.

Comment

They declined my son's request for a tour next weekend because of this incident.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                They declined my son's request for a tour next weekend because of this incident.
                Just tell him to hop the fence and run for the door... they'll leave the light on for him. (and the door unlocked)

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  Those doors aren't easy to retrofit onto a historic building like the White House -
                  ANY door is easy to refit --- it's the LOCKSET, not the whole door.

but more to the point, they all open outward (necessarily so - fire codes and with good reason).
                  And that's no problem at all... "panic hardware" is available for any door, and opens at the push from inside, while being securely locked from outside. The idea that they would have to "fumble with a key" is silly, for the very "fire codes" you mention.... "the opening of the door from the inside shall not require the use of a key".

That's great if you're coming out - not so great if you're trying to herd the President back in before he gets hurt...
                  That's why you leave one guard inside.

Hey, you never know about those religious zealots...
                  Yeah, I ARE one --- I believe in eating flesh, drinking blood, and dead people coming back to life!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Seriously, though, it's sad to see how they "over correct" when they goof up. And HERE is the "lady" responsible for all this...

secret service.jpg

Yet ANOTHER example of an incredibly inept community organizer appointing an incredibly inept individual to a very important post. Will she be fired?

Comment

hearings.jpg

Source: YahooNews

WASHINGTON (AP) — Under withering criticism from Congress, the director of the Secret Service on Tuesday admitted failures in her agency's critical mission of protecting the president but repeatedly sidestepped key questions about how a knife-carrying intruder penetrated ring after ring of security before finally being tackled deep inside the White House.

Despite the extraordinary lapses in the Sept. 19 incident, Julia Pierson asserted: "The president is safe today."

Hours later, reports emerged of yet another failure in Secret Service protocol, this time in President Barack Obama's presence.

© Copyright Original Source

When asked "what percentage of the time have you advised the President of incidents where his safety was in jeopardy, she replied, after stammering a bit, "100%". Asked for the NUMBER of times she advised him, she said "one". There have been at least THREE incidents in 2014 - the year in question - so her answer is wrong by a factor of idiot or liar.

Comment

White House LACK of Security

I should have titled this thread what I titled this post.... [bolding mine]

Source: Washington Examiner

A man with a gun that the Secret Service did not know about rode in an elevator with President Obama during his visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta on Sept. 16.

The previously undisclosed breach, confirmed by two sources familiar with the case, raises new questions about the agency's ability to protect the president.

The incident, which took place three days before an intruder jumped a fence and sprinted inside the White House, involved a failure in Secret Service advance work to prevent an armed man from coming into close proximity with Obama while he was visiting the CDC to receive a briefing about the Ebola threat.

The threat to the president appeared minimal, but the incident alarmed agents on site and exposes a breakdown in several important Secret Service security protocols, the sources say.

The information comes the same day Secret Service Director Julia Pierson appeared before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and lawmakers publicly upbraided her for three hours about the Sept. 19 White House security breach, among other problems at the agency.

Comment

This was simply awesome!

rep-mica-holds-shows-adt-securit.jpg
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It's easy to figure out how to break into the white house. Just watch an episode of 24 and see how Jack Bauer does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Source: YahooNews

WASHINGTON (AP) — Under withering criticism from Congress, the director of the Secret Service on Tuesday admitted failures in her agency's critical mission of protecting the president but repeatedly sidestepped key questions about how a knife-carrying intruder penetrated ring after ring of security before finally being tackled deep inside the White House.

Despite the extraordinary lapses in the Sept. 19 incident, Julia Pierson asserted: "The president is safe today."

Hours later, reports emerged of yet another failure in Secret Service protocol, this time in President Barack Obama's presence.

This may be a dumb question, but has it been established what this guy was trying to do? I guess I'm surprised that all of the attention is on the Secret Service's screwup (which deserves attention), rather than on the guy who broke in with apparently violent intentions.
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment