Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trash Bush, Blame Bush, BE Bush! Obama rebooting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trash Bush, Blame Bush, BE Bush! Obama rebooting....

After running against all that Bush represented to become president, Obama spent the next several years blaming Bush for all his own failures.

NOW it seems Obama is trying to BE Bush to save his JimmyCarter-like presidency.

Source: Financial Times

Barack Obama’s first speech to the UN was filled with the giddy hopes that won him the presidency in the first place. “More than at any point in human history, the interests of nations and peoples are shared,” he told world leaders in 2009.

Five years later, it was a greyer and more sombre Mr Obama who warned the UN this week about the “generational task” of defeating Islamist militants in the Middle East, two days after he launched his first air strikes in Syria. “The only language understood by killers like this is the language of force,” he said.

Replete with George W Bush-style rhetoric about a “network of death” and “this brand of evil”, Mr Obama’s speech this week was an effort to reboot his flagging presidency.

© Copyright Original Source

Source

Again, I'll ask EPO not to post in this thread.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Hey, Jimmy Carter was a poor president but he did not do his best to weaken the nation and promote racial strife and class strife.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        Hey, Jimmy Carter was a poor president but he did not do his best to weaken the nation and promote racial strife and class strife.
        Jimmy Carter would be a welcome alternative, for sure. Even some of my more liberal friends are saying, "Gee, I miss Bush".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"Oh! Cut him some slack! He's black!"

If I had a quarter for every time I saw people try to play that card, I wouldn't need a job!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            After running against all that Bush represented to become president, Obama spent the next several years blaming Bush for all his own failures.

NOW it seems Obama is trying to BE Bush to save his JimmyCarter-like presidency.

[cite=Financial Times]Barack Obama’s first speech to the UN was filled with the giddy hopes that won him the presidency in the first place. “More than at any point in human history, the interests of nations and peoples are shared,” he told world leaders in 2009.

Five years later, it was a greyer and more sombre Mr Obama who warned the UN this week about the “generational task” of defeating Islamist militants in the Middle East, two days after he launched his first air strikes in Syria. “The only language understood by killers like this is the language of force,” he said.
            Obama swore from the beginning to go after and to kill, and proceeded to go after and to kill, terrorist. He got Bin Laden, not to mention many other terrorist leaders. Did you conveniently forget about that CP.
            Replete with George W Bush-style rhetoric about a “network of death” and “this brand of evil”, Mr Obama’s speech this week was an effort to reboot his flagging presidency.
            As above, his words and actions haven't changed CP. Problem is, he has now the burden of trying to clean up the foriegn policy mess that your guy caused as well. Not to mention the economic mess!
            Last edited by JimL; 09-28-2014, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DLAbaoaqu View Post

If I had a quarter for every time I saw people try to play that card, I wouldn't need a job!
              Yeah! As if being black meant he was not able to do the job a white man could do. Baloney no matter how thin you slice it.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                As above, his words and actions haven't changed CP. Problem is, he has now the burden of trying to clean up the foriegn policy mess that your guy caused as well. Not to mention the economic mess!
                Now that is original, it is all the fault of President Bush. Never heard that baloney before.

Comment

Tell them they're racist.

Comment

He would not even BE president if he was NOT black.

Comment

Obama swore from the beginning to go after and to kill, and proceeded to go after and to kill, terrorist. He got Bin Laden, not to mention many other terrorist leaders. Did you conveniently forget about that CP.
                      Yeah, and you can KEEP your doctor. Period!

Maybe he can draw another red line, goofus!

Comment

And that, without a doubt, was a good thing. Too bad he then acted like the problem was now over and we could forget about it.

The problem is that his words and actions for the most part have only made things worse. At what point are you guys ever going to concede the at some point Obama is also responsible for what is going on?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          At what point are you guys ever going to concede the at some point Obama is also responsible for what is going on?
                          Well, Obama personally and singlehandedly flew to Pakistan and killed Bin Laden - when are you going to give him credit for THAT? He located Bin Laden, piloted the plane, BOTH copters, mapped out all the navigation, did the dynamic entry, killed Bil Laden, then carried his body back to the copter and escaped unharmed!

Comment

The Obama Time Line...

1. Promise Change (because it is all Bush's Fault!)
                            2. Promise to bring our troops home. (because it is all Bush's Fault!)
                            3. Keep doing the same thing as he blamed Bush for (no change), for 6 years. (because it is all Bush's Fault!)
                            4. Start to bring troops home. (because it is all Bush's Fault!)
                            5. Oops, sends them somewhere else instead. (because it is all Bush's Fault!)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Well, Obama personally and singlehandedly flew to Pakistan and killed Bin Laden - when are you going to give him credit for THAT? He located Bin Laden, piloted the plane, BOTH copters, mapped out all the navigation, did the dynamic entry, killed Bil Laden, then carried his body back to the copter and escaped unharmed!
                              I like the part where Obama dove out of the helicopter sans a parachute with only a knife clenched between his teeth while those wimpy SEAL Team Six guys were still preparing to rappel down their effete little ropes and how Obama manually shoved the bullets into bin Laden's body since he doesn't need some sissy gun.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment