Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Some conspiracy theories are less harmless than others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some conspiracy theories are less harmless than others

A tenured professor from Delaware St. University (who apparently has no specialty in the relevant area) has published an article in a major Liberian newspaper stating that the US government created Ebola under the guise of vaccine testing, to conduct bioweapon testing:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...racy-theories/

...yeah.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Phfft...yeah.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

So, you're saying he has a doctorate AND he's an idiot? I didn't think that was possible...
        "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: rogue06

Epoetker, enough is enough. You are taking every thread you participate in and twisting it into a platform for giving one of your racist and/or misogynist diatribes. From now on you need to stay on topic or expect to be given points for disrupting the threads. Consider this an official warning and will PM you the same message.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by rogue06; 09-28-2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
            another off topic raciest rant by our resident misogynistic raciest poster.
            Nothing to see here folks move along
            Last edited by RumTumTugger; 09-27-2014, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Come now, tenure is for people who want to encourage the up-and-coming mass murderers.
              This link is to Steve Sailer and the hate-site V-Dare. That is the same Steve Sailer who is, according to Rational Wiki: "a hardcore anti-Semite, racist, misogynist, white supremacist, Edited by a Moderator, homophobe, ableist, transphobe, transmisogynist, xenophobe, pseudo-scientist and all-round champion bigot who can arguably be (dis)credited as the godfather of pseudo-scientific on-line hate. If it's foul, fetid and attempts to give itself a biological and/or intellectual veneer, then Sailer will have had a hand in it somewhere, trust me".

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Steve_Sailer

You really do have an uncanny knack for dredging up the most notable ultra right-wing, hate-driven buffoons on the internet, don't you Epo? It really does explain everything one needs to know about you.

As has been said before, universities are the source of nearly all the significant violence in the world today.
              ...not to overstate things at all.

Moderated By: Raphael

Please keep an eye on the language in quoted text

Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Raphael; 09-28-2014, 08:04 PM.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                This link is to Steve Sailer and the hate-site V-Dare. That is the same Steve Sailer who is, according to Rational Wiki: "a hardcore anti-Semite, racist, misogynist, white supremacist, Edited by a Moderator, homophobe, ableist, transphobe, transmisogynist, xenophobe, pseudo-scientist and all-round champion bigot who can arguably be (dis)credited as the godfather of pseudo-scientific on-line hate. If it's foul, fetid and attempts to give itself a biological and/or intellectual veneer, then Sailer will have had a hand in it somewhere, trust me".

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Steve_Sailer

You really do have an uncanny knack for dredging up the most notable ultra right-wing, hate-driven buffoons on the internet, don't you Epo? It really does explain everything one needs to know about you.

...not to overstate things at all.
                You had all of TWeb-- indeed, all of the Internet-- in which to find an interlocutor, and you chose to start arguing with Epo. No one forced you to do it. You chose Epo.

Regardless of whether you deserve what you get in terms of quality of conversation, you've certainly gone out of your way to find it.

... just thought someone ought to point that out to you.

As for the thread topic, I believe that the CIA has used stuff like vaccination for cover identities and the like. It's not surprising that someone would connect that dot with the bioweapons testing dot to draw a nefarious picture... and I'm really stretching that metaphor.
                Last edited by Raphael; 09-28-2014, 08:09 PM.
                Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                  You had all of TWeb-- indeed, all of the Internet-- in which to find an interlocutor, and you chose to start arguing with Epo. No one forced you to do it. You chose Epo.

Regardless of whether you deserve what you get in terms of quality of conversation, you've certainly gone out of your way to find it.

... just thought someone ought to point that out to you.
                  Responding to a hate-filled nonsensical post is “not going out of my way”. It’s worth making the point without necessarily engaging in an argument which, as you imply, has little chance of being a quality conversation - as I know from personal experience.

But, thanks for your concern.

As for the thread topic, I believe that the CIA has used stuff like vaccination for cover identities and the like. It's not surprising that someone would connect that dot with the bioweapons testing dot to draw a nefarious picture... and I'm really stretching that metaphor.
                  Well yes but when it’s notorious 'conspiracy theorists' like Steve Sailer and his acolyte Epo connecting the dots I don’t think one needs take it seriously. Conspiracy Theories are by definition not to be taken seriously: 1. “a theory that explains an event as being the result of a plot by a covert group or organization; a belief that a particular unexplained event was caused by such a group”. Dictionary.com

Actually, I seem to remember reading that HIV/Aids was once touted as a CIA conspiracy based upon similar reasoning.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Edited by a Moderator
                    Moderated By: rogue06

See notice in your first post

Last edited by rogue06; 09-28-2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Tassman has already been desperate enough to call on Encyclopedia Dramatica for help, which, given its articles on women and gays, shows "his" inability to recognize the difference between intellectual allies and enemies, and now "he's" quoting a wiki that throws around "ableist," "transphobe," and "transmisogynist" as insults without any ounce of recognition for how utterly lame it makes him look. Next I suppose he'll be quoting 4chan's unvarnished thoughts on /pol/.

Originally posted by Tassman
                      It’s worth making the point without necessarily engaging in an argument which, as you imply, has little chance of being a quality conversation - as I know from personal experience.
                      Translation: I'm gonna drink 5 martinis and go right up to that jerky dudebro football player and tell him what I think of him!

Comment

Tassman has already been desperate enough to call on Encyclopedia Dramatica for help, which, given its articles on women and gays, shows "his" inability to recognize the difference between intellectual allies and enemies, and now "he's" quoting a wiki that throws around "ableist," "transphobe," and "transmisogynist" as insults without any ounce of recognition for how utterly lame it makes him look. Next I suppose he'll be quoting 4chan's unvarnished thoughts on /pol/.
                        Addressing your adoring public are you?

Translation: I'm gonna drink 5 martinis and go right up to that jerky dudebro football player and tell him what I think of him!

Comment

I see you're following my directions to post in emoticons only. About 6 too many superfluous words in that response, but, baby steps.

Comment