Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Are They Doing This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Are They Doing This?

OK, so these idiots are opening up the military to illegals while at the same time kicking American citizens out of the military. What is the point, in what rational world is this logical?

A small number of undocumented immigrants in the U.S. will have an opportunity to join the military for the first time in decades under a new Department of Defense policy unveiled Thursday.

The new rules will expand an existing program allowing recruiters to target foreign nationals with high-demand skills, mostly rare foreign language expertise or specialized health care training.

For the first time, the program — known as Military Accessions in the National Interest, or MAVNI — will be open to immigrants without a proper visa if they came to the U.S. with their parents before age 16. More specifically, they must be approved under a 2012 Obama administration policy known as Deferred Action for Child Arrivals, or DACA.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...tary/16225135/

Nearly 30,000 soldiers must be removed from the active rolls in the next 17 months if the Army is to make the first waypoint in a drawdown that eventually will reduce the force to 450,000, or even 420,000, soldiers.

As of April 1, there were 519,786 troopers on active duty, according to the most recent accounting of Regular Army strength by the Defense Manpower Data Center.
    http://www.armytimes.com/article/201...EERS/305120014
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

How can they be tracked, trained, and paid without social security numbers?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      OK, so these idiots are opening up the military to illegals while at the same time kicking American citizens out of the military. What is the point, in what rational world is this logical?
      To be fair, I don't think they're kicking "entry level" military members out to make room for more "entry level" military members. Although I am AGAINST it, I think what they're doing is the same thing corporate America does.... and what happened to me .... they're getting rid of top and middle management (officers) and taking in younger inexperienced workers (recruits).
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        How can they be tracked, trained, and paid without social security numbers?
        I realize this is only a web response, but it's probably based in fact on "something" official....

Source: About.com

In order for a non-citizen to enlist in the military, he/she must first be a legal immigrant (with a green card), permanently residing in the United States. It's important to note that the military cannot and will not assist in the immigration process. One must immigrate first, using normal immigration quotas and procedures, and -- once they've established an address in the United States -- they can find a recruiter's office and apply for enlistment.

© Copyright Original Source

If, in fact, they must be legal immigrants and the military will not assist in the immigration process, I'd bet my hackysack that Team Community Organizer will circumvent these rules/polices and "make exceptions".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I realize this is only a web response, but it's probably based in fact on "something" official....

Source: About.com

In order for a non-citizen to enlist in the military, he/she must first be a legal immigrant (with a green card), permanently residing in the United States. It's important to note that the military cannot and will not assist in the immigration process. One must immigrate first, using normal immigration quotas and procedures, and -- once they've established an address in the United States -- they can find a recruiter's office and apply for enlistment.

© Copyright Original Source

If, in fact, they must be legal immigrants and the military will not assist in the immigration process, I'd bet my hackysack that Team Community Organizer will circumvent these rules/polices and "make exceptions".
          According to my link this will apply to undocumented immigrants under the Deferred Action for Child Arrivals (DACA). And the facts is we don't need illegals taking these jobs when we have citizens that need and want them.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

According to my link this will apply to undocumented immigrants under the Deferred Action for Child Arrivals (DACA). And the facts is we don't need illegals taking these jobs when we have citizens that need and want them.
            Oh, I agree 100%.... but as long as we have a Racist Activist Attorney General doing the work and taking the arrows for the Community Organizer in Chief, this should be no surprise.

Comment

I think the explanation is in Seer's OP itself:

allowing recruiters to target foreign nationals with high-demand skills, mostly rare foreign language expertise or specialized health care training.

Comment

Originally posted by robertb View Post
                I think the explanation is in Seer's OP itself:

First of all we don't need foreign workers specializing in health care training, we have enough of our own, now as far as languages, just read on:

But Pentagon officials don't know how many of those immigrants have actually learned their ancestral language to the proficiency required by the military.

"We're just not sure how many within that existing population of DACA would have the linguistic skills to qualify," said one defense official familiar with the policy change. "These are kids who entered the country at a fairly young age and have basically grown up in the United States, so the limit of their language talents would probably be the language that they received at home."
                How much do you want to bet that they will drop any language requirements to get these illegals in.

Comment

First of all we don't need foreign workers specializing in health care training, we have enough of our own, now as far as languages, just read on:

How much do you want to bet that they will drop any language requirements to get these illegals in.

I imagine American medical professionals may be more interested in working in the public sector, than in the military.

To the other, because this official is unsure about how many in the existing population may have the required skills, this means that there is no one in the existing population that has the required skills?

Sometimes the glass might actually be half-full...

Comment

Seer is right. This IS illogical. It's utterly illogical for people to fight for a country in which citizens like seer demonstrate blatant bigotry towards them by viewing them more as criminals and carriers of disease than as actual human beings. I hope not a single immigrant joins.
                    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                      Seer is right. This IS illogical. It's utterly illogical for people to fight for a country in which citizens like seer demonstrate blatant bigotry towards them by viewing them more as criminals and carriers of disease than as actual human beings. I hope not a single immigrant joins.
                      As a general question, do you think that our nation's laws pertaining to illegal immigration are bigoted, and should not be enforced?
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Funny, didn't the first Rome fill up its military with foreigners? Seems like a fitting next step as the square_pegs of the US bring their country to ruin.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          As a general question, do you think that our nation's laws pertaining to illegal immigration are bigoted, and should not be enforced?
                          I don't have a strong opinion either way on immigration laws. But that's irrelevant. You could oppose those immigrants being here and still view them as, you know, actual human beings worthy of dignity and respect. Seer doesn't do that. I mean, for heaven's sake--when he started a thread a while ago about a disease that was popping up in the US, his first thought was "Illegals probably brought it here!" He views them more as threatening issues than as people.
                          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                            I don't have a strong opinion either way on immigration laws. But that's irrelevant. You could oppose those immigrants being here and still view them as, you know, actual human beings worthy of dignity and respect. Seer doesn't do that. I mean, for heaven's sake--when he started a thread a while ago about a disease that was popping up in the US, his first thought was "Illegals probably brought it here!" He views them more as threatening issues than as people.
                            And disease is never comes in by illegals? And who says I don't believe they are worthy of dignity and respect? Of course they are, but the still need to be deported.

Comment

Reading this stuff...

Sometimes I think baby Jesus must cry a little bit.

Comment