Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Eric Holder to resign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Holder to resign

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/26/us...eral.html?_r=0

He's made a number of mistakes during his time in office. I daresay this isn't one of them.
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Finally.
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

I was going to start a thread titled "Will Obama Nominate Another Activist Racist Attorney General?"
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I expect him to, CP. He seems to thrive on racial strife.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          I expect him to, CP. He seems to thrive on racial strife.
          I just heard today that Obama may want to appoint Holder as a Supreme Court Justice.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

From Breitbart: (bolding mine)

Source: breitbart

Judicial Watch just won a key battle in federal court against the administration on the Fast and Furious documents President Barack Obama asserted executive privilege over to hide them from the American people and Congress. Fitton said:

It is no coincidence that Holder’s resignation comes on the heels of another court ruling that the Justice Department must finally cough up documents about how Holder’s Justice Department lied to Congress and the American people about the Operation Fast and Furious scandal, for which Eric Holder was held in contempt by the House of Representatives. Over the past several months, Judicial Watch also exposed how Holder’s Justice Department was implicated in the IRS scandal and how Justice Department lawyers helped defend the illegal stonewall that kept secret key material related to Benghazi.

The court ruling to which Fitton is referring is an order by a federal judge that by Oct. 22 the DOJ must provide Judicial Watch with a listing of the Fast and Furious documents the administration is hiding under Obama’s executive privilege—called a "Vaughn index.”

"A Vaughn index must: (1) identify each document withheld; (2) state the statutory exemption claimed; and (3) explain how disclosure would damage the interests protected by the claimed exemption,” Judicial Watch noted in its press release announcing the ruling on Thursday.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              From Breitbart: (bolding mine)

Source: breitbart

Judicial Watch just won a key battle in federal court against the administration on the Fast and Furious documents President Barack Obama asserted executive privilege over to hide them from the American people and Congress. Fitton said:

It is no coincidence that Holder’s resignation comes on the heels of another court ruling that the Justice Department must finally cough up documents about how Holder’s Justice Department lied to Congress and the American people about the Operation Fast and Furious scandal, for which Eric Holder was held in contempt by the House of Representatives. Over the past several months, Judicial Watch also exposed how Holder’s Justice Department was implicated in the IRS scandal and how Justice Department lawyers helped defend the illegal stonewall that kept secret key material related to Benghazi.

The court ruling to which Fitton is referring is an order by a federal judge that by Oct. 22 the DOJ must provide Judicial Watch with a listing of the Fast and Furious documents the administration is hiding under Obama’s executive privilege—called a "Vaughn index.”

"A Vaughn index must: (1) identify each document withheld; (2) state the statutory exemption claimed; and (3) explain how disclosure would damage the interests protected by the claimed exemption,” Judicial Watch noted in its press release announcing the ruling on Thursday.

© Copyright Original Source

Since you used Breitbart as your source doesn't that, according to several posters around here, mean that Judicial Watch really lost their lawsuit?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Since you used Breitbart as your source doesn't that, according to several posters around here, mean that Judicial Watch really lost their lawsuit?
                I was actually grinning when I posted that -- just waiting for a certain perfesser from Absorbine Junior College to pitch a hissy.

Comment

Uh, guess what.....

Comment

Breitbart, posted by CP.

For those of us with less time to waste on conspiracy sites, here's the NYTimes:

Eric Holder’s Legacy
                    VOTING RIGHTS Mr. Holder successfully fought discriminatory voting restrictions around the country before the 2012 elections. When the Supreme Court gutted the core of the Voting Rights Act in 2013, he was quick to find new ways to challenge discriminatory laws. Shortly after the ruling, the Justice Department joined lawsuits challenging new restrictions like strict voter-ID requirements and cutbacks to voting hours in North Carolina and Texas. In both states, Republican-controlled legislatures imposed rules that most heavily burden poorer and minority voters, who tend to vote Democratic.

It's an editorial piece, rather than news copy, but there are links to further sourcing in the above, along with other examples of his legacy, good and bad.

As ever, Jesse

Comment

That's what!

As predicted!

Comment

That's what!

As predicted!
                        You're a troll, CP. But that's okay. I'll just wear more yellow to your bar-b-que.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                          You're a troll, CP. But that's okay. I'll just wear more yellow to your bar-b-que.

You are becoming a parody of yerseff, Jesse.

DID Judicial Watch win the lawsuit, or not? Because Breitbart reported it, does that make it FALSE?

Comment

You are becoming a parody of yerseff, Jesse.
                            Bright yellow.

DID Judicial Watch win the lawsuit, or not? Because Breitbart reported it, does that make it FALSE?
                            Troll harder.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              See what I mean?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment