Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas rural Conservative racism - Calvin Beckett in the movie American Violet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Yes, it is a true story, read the Brennan Center article.
    Which is where he should have STARTED instead of a DRAMATIZATION of it.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You did not respond to the Brennan article.
      Yes I did, you Jackwagon!

No you did not!
      Did SO, DuckBobWeaver!

There was no response from the conservative organization to the problem in Hearne, Texas.
      How do you KNOW that, just because there wasn't a MOVIE made about it?

No it is not. Please respond to the Brennan Center article.
      Already did. Can't help it if you can't read.

quite
      It's QUIT, not quite... and YOU are the one dodging, Mr. DuckBobWeave!

dodging respond to the Brennan Center article. The OP is not the whole thread.
      I can't decide whether you are incredibly STUPID or just intellectually dishonest.

So, I ask AGAIN, MR. DuckBobWeaver..... what are YOU doing about the problem, besides watching MOVIES about it?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Please respond relevant to the subject, and I will respond.
        You mean you will continue to DuckBobWeave, while accusing others of doing that very thing.

But, I'll tell you what... since you are a habitual and serial DuckBobWeaver, I shouldn't expect you to keep your word, so make your best ONE POINT about the Brennan article, and I will respond AGAIN (unlike you, I can be trusted ) so you can quit the hysteria, and then it can be YOUR turn. (AGAIN)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          How do you KNOW that, just because there wasn't a MOVIE made about it?
          Well duh CP. These nameless 'they' heard about it and just didn't care because they hear about and know anything and everything. Shuny will tell you this, while wearing his tin foil hat, searching for the computer chip he claims 'they' inserted into his brain at his last doctors appointment. It couldn't be something crazy, like the early 2000's where a busy time in US history with lots of stuff going on and a story from a rural town in Texas, just didn't make it much beyond the community itself. It is obviously a cover up and happens to have broke. You didn't know that CP? 'They' know everything (and apparently they are Republicans too).
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Lookie here.... the Dodger-in-Chief is accusing OTHERS of DODGING!!!!

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            You dodged responding to the message (claim?), and 'shoot the messenger.'

Hey DBW.... I responded to your post AGAIN, and you're still DODGING.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post

You dodged responding to the message (claim?), and 'shoot the messenger.'
              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Lookie here.... the Dodger-in-Chief is accusing OTHERS of DODGING!!!!

Hey DBW.... I responded to your post AGAIN, and you're still DODGING.
              I don't think shunyadragon understands how that fallacy works.

'shoot the messenger' refers to shooting the messenger because he has "bad news"

but in this case, it wasn't that the news was bad, it was just the usual ...I don't care what anybody else believes,
              . . . . (I am supposed to care , but nobody's perfect and I never claimed to be sinless)

so, I did not dodge responding to "the claim", I said I didn't have a problem with the claim.

....just because you "shoot a messenger" does not mean its related to the news or the claim or the message or the debate.

.........and please shunya, don't ask the dumb question, "then why did you shoot that messenger"

I mean, really?
              To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

• Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
                I don't think shunyadragon understands how that fallacy works.

'shoot the messenger' refers to shooting the messenger because he has "bad news"

but in this case, it wasn't that the news was bad, it was just the usual ...I don't care what anybody else believes,
                . . . . (I am supposed to care , but nobody's perfect and I never claimed to be sinless)

so, I did not dodge responding to "the claim", I said I didn't have a problem with the claim.

....just because you "shoot a messenger" does not mean its related to the news or the claim or the message or the debate.

.........and please shunya, don't ask the dumb question, "then why did you shoot that messenger"

I mean, really?
                I think Shuny is long on false accusations AND hypocrisy. It's a shame, because I think he's "book smart", but severely lacking in common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I think Shuny is long on false accusations AND hypocrisy. It's a shame, because I think he's "book smart", but severely lacking in common sense.
                  But I NEVER would shoot him because of his posts.
                  To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

• Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
                    But I NEVER would shoot him because of his posts.
                    I would probably ban him from any position of influence, on the grounds of having a view of reality that will never go farther than Hollywood does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                      I would probably ban him from any position of influence, on the grounds of having a view of reality that will never go farther than Hollywood does.
                      This from the person whose "view of reality" is based on hate-site, racist, misogynist bloggers such as Theodore Beale Mencius Moldbug.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        This from the person whose "view of reality" is based on hate-site, racist, misogynist bloggers such as Theodore Beale Mencius Moldbug.

The predicted response. #41
                        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post

The predicted response. #41
                          ……and demonstrably true! Racist misogynist bloggers such as Theodore Beale (Vox Day), Mencius Moldbug, Steve Sailer et al are regularly quoted as authoritative by Epoetker - TWeb’s favourite racist misogynist.
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• You're just proving my point.

Epoetker's arguments are wrong because he is a Bad Person, guilty of wrongthink. And how do we know he is a Bad Person? - Just look at the arguments he makes.

Your response to Epoetker is circular, ad hominem, and plain assertion.

IOW, worthless drivel that makes him look more convincing, rather than less.
                            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Remember, human cults haven't disappeared, they've just infected the world of science, rather than religion, as more people have regarded science as the Final Word rather than any traditional text.

I think Tassman qualifies as a full member of The Equality cult, led by charlatans like Steven Jay Gould and Richard Lewontin:

Originally posted by Steven Jay Gould
                              Say it five times before breakfast tomorrow; more important, understand it as the center of a network of implication: ‘Human equality is a contingent fact of history’”
                              Steve has the rest of it pegged pretty well:

Originally posted by Steve Sailer
                              One reason we aren’t as aware of cults is that they have become much more open about promoting themselves. Consider the evolution of cult-like conspiracies among the rich and powerful from the Bilderbergs to Davos. For the last 60 years, the Bilderbergs have been a secret society of billionaires, hereditary monarchs, and intellectuals who get together periodically in luxury hotels for secret discussions of major trends in world affairs and how they can mold them for the good of people like themselves.

But the covert Bilderberg kind of conspiracy seems so James Bond Era-ish. In contrast, Davos is a post-modern conspiracy based on massive publicity: rich people invite journalists to lecture them and then the journalists write articles about how wonderful and forward thinking and open to important new ideas the rich people are, and everybody posts online their selfies with each other. Lately, even the Bilderbergs have started to publish their invite lists to get in on the publicity.

Similarly, consider two cults that grew out of the Golden Age of Science Fiction: the modern cult of Scientology and the postmodern cult of transgenderism and transhumanism, as exemplified by my old MBA classmate Martin/Martine Rothblatt, a founder of satellite radio, and now promoting his/her book Virtually Human about downloading your brain to a computer so you’ll live forever.

L. Ron Hubbard was a hack sci-fi writer with a winning manner who impressed more impressive friends such as editor John W. Campbell (who promoted Hubbard’s Dianetics as a low cost alternative to the Freudian talking cure) and author Robert Heinlein (who, perhaps apocryphally, is said to have given Hubbard the idea to convert Dianetics into a tax-exempt religion).

In the Scientology cult, the exoteric ideas sound pretty plausible (you have various psychological issues weighing you down and you should talk to a trained listener about them), but the esoteric ideas that are finally revealed (it’s the fault of the space alien Thetans!) mostly seem to pass muster with people with a talent for playing make believe (Tom Cruise etc.)

The modern transhumanist movement, including the phenomenon of domineering masculine heterosexual guys suddenly announcing they are women, has ties to Golden Age sci-fi as well. The urge to leap the bounds of sex and death was an esoteric theme that popped up now and then in Heinlein during his long prime, 1939-1966 (e.g., his last short story “All You Zombies”). It then came out of the closet after the societal constraints came off at the end of the 1960s and he returned to writing in the 1970s after major cerebral health problems. (Heinlein was too sane and reasonable a guy to found a cult like Hubbard or Rand did, but you can imagine the temptations.)

But transhumanism always seemed like kind of a wacky egomaniacal libertarian white guy thing. Now, though, it’s edging toward being fashionable via transgenderism as a way for egomaniacal white guy libertarians to get in on the victim parade by standing up for fellow egomaniacal white guy libertarians like Dr. McCloskey. (Is the world “fellow” transphobic?)

But this rising system of nutty belief is structured the opposite of Scientology, which tries to lure you in first before unloading the esoteric crazy stupid stuff. Transgenderism demands that you assent to the crazy stupid stuff upfront:

“Remember that guy you went to MBA school with who was obsessed with space exploration and already had a passel of kids and was supersmart, but was just a giant [jerk] to anybody he thought wasn’t as smart as him (which was everybody)? Well, now he’s the highest paid female CEO in America because, it turns out, he was always actually a woman and you have to call him “her” when reminiscing about him. Oops, I’ve should have said ‘She was always actually a woman and you have to call her “her” when reminiscing about her always being a giant [jerk].’ I don’t want my career flushed down the toilet like that poor guy in Grantland for getting on the bad side of the Trans Power and their vast numbers of volunteer enforcers.”

In today’s world, the real esoteric cult knowledge, the kind that you have to come to obscure corners of the Internet to learn, is that this is sci-fi libertarian wackiness.
                              Or maybe Tassman's the smart one, because 'he' learned psychology from koalas or whatever it is they do in Australia. Nevertheless, I have directed 'him' to post only in emoticons, as his facility with the English language is simply too poor and compromised to advance any common human understandings, and I suggest you treat 'him' the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                                You're just proving my point.

Epoetker's arguments are wrong because he is a Bad Person, guilty of wrongthink. And how do we know he is a Bad Person? - Just look at the arguments he makes.

Your response to Epoetker is circular, ad hominem, and plain assertion.

IOW, worthless drivel that makes him look more convincing, rather than less.
                                Not quite.

Epoetker’s arguments are skewed because they are based upon the ill-informed opinions of unqualified racist fanatics such as Theodore Beale, Mencius Moldbug, Steve Sailer and other ratbags whom he, in his ignorance, considers to be authoritative.

Comment