Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas Pastor holds granny at gunpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Pastor holds granny at gunpoint

Something you want to tell us CP?

In Texas, Even the Pastors Pack Heat – as One Package Stealing Thief Found Out the Hard Way
    Pat Holmes said the day her husband laid out the bait, he waited hours to see if could [sic] catch the woman responsible for taking the packages.
    Eventually, the woman allegedly turned into his driveway and started to walk over to the porch on the side of the house.
    This time Holmes met the woman with his handgun drawn and told her to lie down on the ground while he called the police.

The woman went up to the house pretending to search for her missing dog and the pastor replied “you found him, bow wow.”

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/09/1798...ors-pack-heat/

Probably should have waited until she laid her hands on the packages rather than drawing his gun and taking her prisoner as she was still walking up to the porch.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Probably should have waited until she laid her hands on the packages rather than drawing his gun and taking her prisoner as she was still walking up to the porch.
      That's what I was thinking.

Can you shoot trespassers in Texas?

Comment

Yea CP! Way to go! (Kidding)
        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          That's what I was thinking.

Can you shoot trespassers in Texas?
          In many municipalities and jurisdictions, it is illegal to discharge a firearm in the limits of the muni or juri. In those cases, you need a good reason, but you CAN use deadly force to protect life and property. Generally, the reasoning is that if the person could otherwise get away with your property before the police could respond, you are free to use deadly force.

HOWEVER.....

A) It does not mean you won't be referred to a grand jury for consideration for trial, or that a zealous prosecutor won't try to make an example of you.
          2) Even if you are ok CRIMINALLY, you can still be sued civilly and subject to damages.

And, how do I say this delicately... um......

it's a good thing that granny was wearing her Depends!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He should have filled the box full of bibles and left it for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              In many municipalities and jurisdictions, it is illegal to discharge a firearm in the limits of the muni or juri. In those cases, you need a good reason, but you CAN use deadly force to protect life and property. Generally, the reasoning is that if the person could otherwise get away with your property before the police could respond, you are free to use deadly force.

HOWEVER.....

A) It does not mean you won't be referred to a grand jury for consideration for trial, or that a zealous prosecutor won't try to make an example of you.
              2) Even if you are ok CRIMINALLY, you can still be sued civilly and subject to damages.

And, how do I say this delicately... um......

it's a good thing that granny was wearing her Depends!
              Would she have fallen under that time honored Texas tradition of "needing killin'"?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Would she have fallen under that time honored Texas tradition of "needing killin'"?
                Naw.... she ain't worth the bullet.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment