Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Victims of Gay Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Victims of Gay Marriage

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2014/09/13692/

Every same-sex family can only exist by manipulating nature. Behind the happy façade of many families headed by same-sex couples, we see relationships that are built from brokenness. They represent covenants broken, love abandoned, and responsibilities crushed. They are built on betrayal, lies, and deep wounds.

This is also true of same-sex couples who use assisted reproductive technologies such as surrogacy or sperm donation to have children. Such processes exploit men and women for their reproductive potential, treat children as products to be bought and sold, and purposely deny children a relationship with one or both of their biological parents. Wholeness and balance cannot be found in such families, because something is always missing. I am missing. But I am real, and I represent hundreds upon thousands of spouses who have been betrayed and rejected.
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Oh, but the promises he made to her don't count - she's a woman.

Misogyny comes with the package - always has.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah, this is the major elephant in the room... I'd actually like to hear the thoughts of LGBTs and Activists about this issue (spousal abandonment, treating kids as props, etc). Are there any who condemn this sort of conduct, or is this hand-waved as 'part of the process'?
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
        (spousal abandonment, treating kids as props, etc). Are there any who condemn this sort of conduct, or is this hand-waved as 'part of the process'?
        Hasn't it become a norm for divorce in general in USA?

Comment

Why would that make it okay?
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
            Hasn't it become a norm for divorce in general in USA?
            Yeah it's common in North America (Canadian here)... ETA: But as Teal said, that doesn't make it okay.

Here's the thing, though... whenever it happens to a straight marriage, it gets (rightfully) condemned by people. I have yet to see any moral outrage about this sort of thing- even a token 'this is wrong'- from the LGBT Camp, and you'd think they'd be quick to do so when people from their own tribe are involved (especially in this case, where they're the one doing the abandonment and exploitation).

Comment

I prefer the actual and public victims of gay marriage to the notional ones, especially when the media frantically tries to disappear cases like the article on the left:

Two men adopting other people's children should always raise massive red flags with adoption agencies, as it already rightfully has in Russia.

But to move away from the specifically horrific example that the media covered up their own role in, as a rule, the general psychology of gays is against what's necessary to raise children:

Originally posted by Akinokure
              Gays are of course profoundly different from normal men and women, and not only in ways that are irrelevant to issues like gay marriage, gay adoption, or whatever. Their striking differences make them even less eligible for such privileges. Here I'll just illustrate the most obvious and relevant -- that they don't have a nurturing instinct.

First, girls begin training for motherhood early on. They just can't wait to cultivate their maternal instincts. In our society, one of the first outlets they find for this urge is taking care of dolls as though they were real babies. This is a perfect test case for whether gays have a nurturing instinct, as they do commonly play with dolls and other girly toys when they're little. However, in all articles and reports I've ever read, it's only been the fashion and beauty dolls that they were drawn to. Maybe they like to imagine that someday they will be the one enjoying the spotlight of attention, making all those other ***** jealous by looking so fierce.

They never say that they like to play with a different kind of girl's doll -- the one that simulates childcare. And it's not because there aren't any in supply. A huge hit among young Baby Boomer girls was the Betsy Wetsy doll, which wet itself after being fed some liquid, requiring the girls to change her clothes. During the late '80s or early '90s, any TV show I watched that targeted both boys and girls would always run a commercial for this doll:

Apparently Baby Alive is still going strong, and now comes in a variety of lines. The fact that girls pester their parents into buying this stuff, let alone eagerly play with it, befuddles my male mind. What's so fun about feeding a baby and changing its diaper? Maybe you could, like, feed it blood and worms and stuff -- that might be cool. Baby Dead-Alive! Something like that is how you'd have to market it to boys.

At any rate, these dolls are all part of the universal female fascination with mothering. However, since gays didn't play with these kind of dolls when they were little, we conclude that, unlike females, they have no real interest in nurturing children. We know they tend to be interested in dolls and girl's toys in general, though, so we've "controlled for" that. It is specifically the nurturing role that turns gays off of Betsy Wetsy and Baby Alive.

Some gay men continue to collect dolls into adulthood, but again they are the fashion/beauty type, not the childcare type. "Ewww, like omigod, that is such a breeder's toy."

From taking care of dolls, little girls graduate to the real thing -- babysitting -- as early as middle school. That is, back when people still trusted each other enough to hire babysitters. They still make up the vast majority of nannies, au pairs, etc. I googled around and found no mention of a stereotype about gays being more likely to work as babysitters, unlike gay designers or hairstylists. Not from gays themselves, not from normal guys making fun of gay differences, and not from women praising gays for their differences.

There are some gays who babysit, but they must not be more likely than normal men, who babysit as well. One of my babysitters growing up was a high school dude who spent his time teaching me and my brothers the make and model of various sports cars (his was a Datsun 280ZX, with t-tops), showing us The Terminator on home video, and other stuff meant to show us the ropes of guy-ness. Obviously not maternal like my chick babysitters sometimes were. From what accounts of gay babysitters I read, it didn't sound like they were into it for maternal reasons either.

I've already brought it up, but the very term "breeder" reveals the contempt that [gays] have toward family formation and child-rearing. Now that they're trying to push for mainstreaming their deviance, they can only use it among themselves, lest the rest of the society get wise to what little regard they have for marriage, family, childcare, and so on. Normal females, from young to adult, refer to women with offspring by the affectionate term "mommies," not a boorish slur like "breeders."

I know it must seem like a joke that someone is bothering to provide multiple examples to prove that gays have no nurturing instinct, but that's the sick world we live in. Young people especially have no idea what gays are like; they just "support their rights" from a distance. Just 20 years ago, your only response to someone saying that gays should be able to adopt would've been, "What are you, ******* retarded?" Everyone would have understood what you meant. Now the audience of any debate or argument you get into will want to hear specific examples, and it's better that we have them ready in that case. From childhood through old age, gay males have zero interest in nurturing children.

That raises the question of why the tiny number who do adopt make the choice? I reflected on that in the post below. Basically, to obtain a steady source of emotional validation, and on top of that the status contest points -- "I just dare you bigots to look at me funny for adopting." That must also be why they become teachers -- not to nurture, but to become the star performer before the audience of students. "They love me, they really love me!" When it comes time to feed and change a baby, though, forget about it. That kid is going to grow up in a home without a maternal figure.
              Akinokure is, as usual, the best authority on these issues.

Comment

This reminds me somewhat of this:

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2012/08/6065/

That may be slightly off-topic though, so disregard if so.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  This reminds me somewhat of this:

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2012/08/6065/

That may be slightly off-topic though, so disregard if so.
                  Yeah, Lopez is relevant.

___

Epoetker, I would ask you to kindly use normal fonts and sizes. Generally speaking, a well-written piece does not need size-40 font or caps lock to make it clear to the audience which points are most important. A bolded or italicized passage for emphasis here and there is fine, but lately you've been going way overboard.
                  Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Why would that make it okay?
                    Yeah it's common in North America (Canadian here)... ETA: But as Teal said, that doesn't make it okay.
                    Never claimed it was. But given that it had been a common problem before civil marriage was extended to couples of the same sex, is it surprising that the problem continues?

Sure, the type of men and women depicted in the article do bear responsibility for their actions for abandonment of their spouse, as do those who encourage them to 'embrace their identity', but the underlying problem is the marriage/divorce system and the attitudes of a great deal of people towards it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                      Never claimed it was. But given that it had been a common problem before civil marriage was extended to couples of the same sex, is it surprising that the problem continues?
                      We're in agreement here. This is quite similar to my thoughts regarding those two NZ guys attempting to "Chuck and Larry" it for a Radio Station Contest.

Sure, the type of men and women depicted in the article do bear responsibility for their actions for abandonment of their spouse, as do those who encourage them to 'embrace their identity', but the underlying problem is the marriage/divorce system and the attitudes of a great deal of people towards it.
                      We may be in agreement here as well, but I'll wait till I see your elaboration on the part I've bolded before I say so.

Comment

Another victim of gay marriage: Sensible insurance policies and the respectable old black men who speak up for them:

Walter Williams, a Professor in the Economics Department at George Mason University, has recently made headlines for his incredibly discriminatory remarks against the gay community.

In his column, he says that gay people are worse than smokers and those that are obese. His argument is, homosexuals should have higher health insurance than heterosexuals solely because they identify as homosexual. He relates this to non-smokers, who have lower health insurance than smokers. Mr. Williams believes that because gay individuals have a lower life expectancy, they deserve to pay more for their health insurance. Not only is his conclusion offensive and discriminatory, but his information is out of date: the basis of his evidence comes from a report issued in the late 1990's when HIV/AIDS was more fatal than it is now.

George Mason is a prestigious, all inclusive public University that prides itself on it's diversity and accepting community. Studies have shown that discrimination and hostility towards people that identify as homosexual leads to serious psychological damage and even suicide. With over 30,000 students enrolled at George Mason, it is imperative that the University remain a safe zone for any and all genders and sexual orientations.

No student deserves to be placed in an environment that is hostile to who they inherently are as an individual. Unfortunately that is the environment that Professor Walker creates for so many students at this innovative institution.
                        Count the distortions, easy targets, and logical fallacies as they come! I did find some interesting tidbits while clicking the links for supporting arguments:

Interesting tidbit:

In fact, our results for prejudice were comparable to life expectancy differences that have been observed between individuals with and without a high school education.
                        Talk about burying the lede! Will liberals now decry the monstrous effects of education prejudice, and burn their diplomas as they once burned their draft cards? (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO)

The authors also found that suicide, homicide/violence, and cardiovascular diseases were all substantially elevated among sexual minorities in high-prejudice communities. LGB respondents living in high-prejudice communities died of suicide on average at age 37.5, compared to age 55.7 for those living in low-prejudice communities, a striking 18-year difference. Homicide and violence-related deaths are one of the most direct links between hostile community attitudes and death, and results indicated that homicide rates were over three times more likely to occur in high-prejudice communities than in low-prejudice communities.
                        Gays are well-known as gentrifiers of risky urban black districts, so I'm going to assume that "high-prejudice communities" means "black" the more they repeat it like it's actually a word in common usage. And hey, soldiers, even those who serve only as social justice warriors, tend to have far larger risks of alienation and their attendant medical disorders than the general population. In the fight against evil heteronormative society which we've encouraged you to join since birth there will be consequences, comrade!

Comment

We may be in agreement here as well, but I'll wait till I see your elaboration on the part I've bolded before I say so.
                          What do you find unclear?

Comment

Sorry to resurrect a semi-old thread, but I thought this was relevant:

Source: Public Discourse

Janna Darnelle’s recent Public Discourse essay, “Breaking the Silence: Redefining Marriage Hurts Women Like Me—and Our Children,” reveals what is behind the heartwarming pictures of gay families from a mother’s point of view. As someone who was raised by a lesbian mother, I would like to weigh in. I will comment not only as a former child who was once all smiles in those pictures, but also as an academic, a woman, a mother, and a feminist.

Darnelle’s essay struck a nerve and went viral. It is not surprising that, within a few hours, LGBT activists had taken up arms against her. Keyboard warriors manned the ramparts. Soon, the usual thugs took up their clubs and pitchforks.

© Copyright Original Source

Source
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              Sorry to resurrect a semi-old thread, but I thought this was relevant:

Source: Public Discourse

Janna Darnelle’s recent Public Discourse essay, “Breaking the Silence: Redefining Marriage Hurts Women Like Me—and Our Children,” reveals what is behind the heartwarming pictures of gay families from a mother’s point of view. As someone who was raised by a lesbian mother, I would like to weigh in. I will comment not only as a former child who was once all smiles in those pictures, but also as an academic, a woman, a mother, and a feminist.

Darnelle’s essay struck a nerve and went viral. It is not surprising that, within a few hours, LGBT activists had taken up arms against her. Keyboard warriors manned the ramparts. Soon, the usual thugs took up their clubs and pitchforks.

© Copyright Original Source

Source
                              I don't find her argument convincing at all. Gay couples adopt children other people don't want. Women aren't being forced to carry children, like they are if abortion is illegal. She also appears to be a TERF, which means her viewpoint goes against current scientific understanding. I can understand the desire to speak against people who harass others, but to include idiotic viewpoints like these only muddles the message.

Comment