Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Former Auschwitz guard charged with 300,000 counts of accessory to murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TimelessTheist
    replied
    Eh, I don't like Israel mostly because of their attitudes towards us. Semitic people can have their own homeland, but not any European race, kus dat's RAYCIST! Not that I support what's happening to them either.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    The bookkeeper's of course, that's the subject of this thread.
    I knew what you meant.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    DE has made some posts critical of Israel. To say that he therefore favors genocide is more than a bit of a stretch, but that may be where Sparko is coming from (I hope it's not). Honestly, DE's posts on Israel are about as careful and coherent as I've ever seen him: he's like an entirely different person when he talks about Israel. It frightens me.
    My posts were primarily critical of Israel's slavish, unthinking supporters rather than of Israel proper.
    Last edited by Darth Executor; 09-18-2014, 09:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Epoetker
    replied
    DE has made some posts critical of Israel. To say that he therefore favors genocide is more than a bit of a stretch, but that may be where Sparko is coming from (I hope it's not). Honestly, DE's posts on Israel are about as careful and coherent as I've ever seen him: he's like an entirely different person when he talks about Israel. It frightens me.
    I am also generally in the camp that says that Jews whose more annoyingly de-nationalizing traits are tamped down by living in close proximity to other Jews to whom they are solely responsible for are much less likely to do the sort of things that got Hitler riled up. Then again, national responsibility tends to bring better behavior from all people concerned (Vote Yes, Scotland.)

Israel also provides extremely instructive examples about what a leader who puts his own people's interest first looks like, at least before Putin started hogging the spotlight.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Well, yeah, but his post was a tad confusing. I almost thought he was okay with genocide at first too when I read his comment.
    Yeah, that's DE being DE... on issues other than Israel-Palestine, apparently

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Well, yeah, but his post was a tad confusing. I almost thought he was okay with genocide at first too when I read his comment.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Just because he writes like a bigot doesn't mean he's okay with genocide?

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I would have thought the former, but lately I am not so sure, that is why I asked. Just don't want to misunderstand.
    Just because he writes like a bigot doesn't mean he's okay with genocide?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    What do you think I mean?
    I would have thought the former, but lately I am not so sure, that is why I asked. Just don't want to misunderstand.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I was asking Darth to clarify which "original" crime he was referring to. The book keeper's or the holocaust itself. One can never be too careful when asking for clarity
    The bookkeeper's of course, that's the subject of this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    What do you mean by that? His particular role, or that killing millions of jews isn't worth prosecuting?
    What do you think I mean?

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Accessory based on working there as a book keeper - earlier investigation failed to turn up any evidence the guy actually participated. Not exactly the same thing as killing someone.
    I was asking Darth to clarify which "original" crime he was referring to. The book keeper's or the holocaust itself. One can never be too careful when asking for clarity

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Are you saying putting 300,000 people to death for being Jewish isn't worth prosecuting?
    Accessory based on working there as a book keeper - earlier investigation failed to turn up any evidence the guy actually participated. Not exactly the same thing as killing someone.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Stupid, and not because of his age or the distance in time. The original "crime" isn't worth prosecuting.
    Are you saying putting 300,000 people to death for being Jewish isn't worth prosecuting?

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied

Leave a comment: